Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there a reason to level fishing/cooking to 525?

I'm at about 475+ in both, and i'm not sure if its worth finishing it out. i can already cook the fish feaast, and with bobbles and fishing bonuses i can fish and catch stuff everywhere.

Any reasons i'm overlooking why i should finish out fishing/cooking to max?

Well, with fishing, you can fish anywhere you want now no matter your level.
    Cooking is just to cook your own food/prepare better feasts for your raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I can see reasons why. Gotta cook what, like 5k cata dishes to get the guild perk, theres a reason. If your gonna cook 5k, may as well cook the orange ones. Fishin, why not? I'm sure there are tons of little goodies hidden here and there that Blizz hasn't made a fuss over. Kinda like ol' crafty and ironjaw. There will most likely be another fishing pet or mount released (as it seems customary to do every xpack)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    Well, with fishing, you can fish anywhere you want now no matter your level.
    Cooking is just to cook your own food/prepare better feasts for your raid.
    I would argue with this point. Some people, myself included had the "Your fish got away." even in Durotar / Stormwind lakes.

Cataclysm fish are quite a moneymaker if you don't like playing on the AH a lot or farming anything else.

Some of the +90/+90s are actually pretty handy to get you hit capped, boost haste, or add more crit, etc. Plus, it takes a grand total of about 3 hours if you farm the AH properly.

Deleted
    Basically:

If your guild has (EDIT: Cataclysm version of) fish feast and someone else is making it, there's no point in raising either.
    If your guild doesn't have fish feast cooking is handy to have for proper buff food if you are bothering to do your best (which you should!)
    If you are a caster, you should have fishing since unlike tank/str/agi food, your fishes aren't fishable from pools (which honestly is stupid, but that's just how it is)

I recommend helping your guild get fish feast by fishing fishes for your buff food or deviate fish or whatever.'

EDIT: If you fish from pools, you always succeed even with fishing 1
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-01-17 at 03:35 PM.

you need 500 in cooking for your best class food and 525 for cata feast/fortune cookie..fishing is more like hobby than a real need

Deleted
    Cooking is a good way of makeing gold, i farm the crocs in TB for the leather and the meat i turn into expertise/stam food, those ar 150-200g a stack on my server so worth haveing cooking at max.

Fishing is worth it now you can fish up volatiie fire in hyjal in the fire pools, again 20g a pop on average.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    I would argue with this point. Some people, myself included had the "Your fish got away." even in Durotar / Stormwind lakes.

Cataclysm fish are quite a moneymaker if you don't like playing on the AH a lot or farming anything else.
    Then you might be laggy? I haven't tried fishing anywhere else than twilight highlands though, so it's not for me to say anything.

I have my fishing 525, and cooking close behind that. I fish for Volatiles for my main professions, and for mats for cooking recipes. I make food that will increase specific stats for specific classes and hand them out in guild raids. I believe that at least cooking is very helpful for raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am actually struggling for a reason to max my fishing. Im at 500ish and I always catch something good when I cast in a fish school. Maxing cooking just kinda happened in the natural progression of things.

Fishing not so much really, I mean at around 495 you can fish everything without any problems anyway, as for fishing, I guess it depends on the recipies you want, but tbh, Cooking isnt the hardest proffesion in the world to level :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elmokki View Post
    Basically:

If your guild has (EDIT: Cataclysm version of) fish feast and someone else is making it, there's no point in raising either.
    If your guild doesn't have fish feast cooking is handy to have for proper buff food if you are bothering to do your best (which you should!)
    If you are a caster, you should have fishing since unlike tank/str/agi food, your fishes aren't fishable from pools (which honestly is stupid, but that's just how it is)

I recommend helping your guild get fish feast by fishing fishes for your buff food or deviate fish or whatever.'

EDIT: If you fish from pools, you always succeed even with fishing 1
    Blackbelly Sushi and Lavascale Minestrone would like a word.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Some people, myself included had the "Your fish got away."
    i would argue this point, that message does not pop up anymore because you can fish anywhere without that message, however if not fishing out of a pool, you end up always catching grey vendor trash.

fishing grey items =/= "your fish got away."

on topic, yes it is entirely worth it, if not for the ability to help your guild out (feasts) then just for yourself "Salty [InsertName] would like a word...
    best title ever imho (yes i have it on Christan-Darkspear)
    Last edited by Christan; 2011-01-17 at 10:06 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

fishing no, but cooking yes. keep on doing that cooking daily and getting some of the good recipes. mmm, well fed.

remember the fishing skill is basically gone. fishing in pools has no req whatsoever, and that's the primary place where you get your fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    I got bored waiting for guildies to level before running heroics so I leveled them both in about 12 hours. Watching DVD's is good for them both as it stops you from wanting to commit suicide from boredom.

Deleted
    I ignored fishing for a good few years. Decided to do it towards the end of wrath, just really to make the character feel more complete. I levelled it completely from pools for the fish that make strength food (dragonfin). It took an age, felt a chore. Have to say that it wasnt really worth the effort.

Unless you're a completionist, I think u can skip it.

And now a new snooze-fest profession in archeology which I've heard from a lot of sources is even more boring.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just do fishing daily each day and eventually youll get it maxed. But there is no reason except a nice achievement why you want it to be 525

10+ Year Old Account
    Catching fish for cooking the 90 usefull and 90 in useful stat buff.
    also to make money and help yer guiild also achievement that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fishing will get you the 90/90 feast from guild achievements, whereas cooking will only get you 60/60.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K