Looking for PvP Knowledge Resources

I'm fairly new to playing a Warlock (just started one with Cata release), so I've depended a lot on internet guides and forums to get myself "caught up". For PvE I've always turned to Elitist Jerks and it's always delivered wonderfully.

I completely skipped the wrath expansion so I'm a little behind on all the websites/forums. The last time I did serious arenas was Season 3, and I always turned to ArenaJunkies for strategies and advice. I've looked there recently, but it seems their guides haven't been updated since Wrath and the forums don't seem nearly as active. Does anyone have any other suggestions for brushing up on my PvP knowledge?

I am too after the same kinda of resource. Like you, I checked ArenaJunkies and their guides r a little out of date. I am hoping we'll see a warlock PvP guide for all specs since they all produce wonderful results. For head starters, give yourself time to explore demo and hop into destruction if you feel tempted to burst dmg your foes Finally rest your results with affliction with high end arena content and skill

Of course all specs require many factors to be addressed hence a guide in this direction would be lovely.

Deleted
    You cant really give guides on pvp, maybe you should watch some pvp videos of top players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzies View Post
    You cant really give guides on pvp, maybe you should watch some pvp videos of top players.
    This is completely false actually. You can give guides on PvP just as much as PvE. Things like how to counter certain abilities/classes, little tricks or nuances of various classes/specs, things to look out for, etc. I've written guides for other PvP games in the past, and I've read really good PvP guides for WoW arenas.

Obviously nothing is a replacement for experience... but I can't exactly play the game when I'm having a slow day at work I CAN read guides during this time though.

15+ Year Old Account
    You could always ask specific stuff here, and have the throng of sub-par people vomit stupid tactics at you, with one or two capable people hidden in their midst. At least one of the suggestions will make sense to you, and probably work.

ps: i'm one of the sub-par people

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Arenajunkies.com is a really good site and dedicated to pvp. If you skip the forum drama posts, there's alot of usefull info. Both for talents, tactics, comps, gearing and whatnot

Edit: Yes, their guides are semi-out-of-date, but most of it still holds very true. It is the best ressource you'll find. There isn't really any cookie cutter guide for pvp since you would have to make guides for 2v2 3v3 5v5 and every possible class combinations. It just doesn't work that way.

Stack resilience like you mean it.
    Last edited by mmoc7e7f5dec46; 2011-01-17 at 08:43 PM.

AJ actually has an up-to-date Warlock pvp getting started guide.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=224652

As for what you do vs each comp, the only way your going to learn is to actually do arenas, because reading how to do something and actually doing it are two completely different things when it comes to PvP, so, with that said, Strap in, grab your partner, and prepare for a crash test in warlock pvp.

All I can say on the subject, as i just recently started playing a lock in arena, is make sure you position your portals well, and if a melee is training you make sure your in demon armor.