Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    So i have this druid, 62 atm who i played for the first time since 4.0.3. I queue as tank for random, get in and start pulling and quickly realise how screwed we are. Swipe 180 hits with stacked up veng, maul maybe 400 hits and only mangle still staying decent. Wtf happend in the patch? I remember getting 2k swipe crits before and now i lose aggro after 3 sec.
    That's not a problem, actually. People must realize that eternal swipe and easy aoe tanking days are gone, thanks god.

CC the most mobs you can and handle with the rest. That's challenging and that's how blizzard want us to play. If people are attacking wrong targets it's not your fault, and if they are not, well... swipe+trash (tab sometimes) will be enough.

Ive never had any problems.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanik View Post
    That's not a problem, actually. People must realize that eternal swipe and easy aoe tanking days are gone, thanks god.

CC the most mobs you can and handle with the rest. That's challenging and that's how blizzard want us to play. If people are attacking wrong targets it's not your fault, and if they are not, well... swipe+trash (tab sometimes) will be enough.
    Dont tell a level 63 to cc anything you're just slowing down his levelling... ok so mate just spam swipe but also get an addon where you can easy mark, then tell dps to attack your target and mark it as skull. If they're wanting to just aoe you're going to need to use something like this Swipe> tab>Mangle>tab>maul>Savage Roar>Swipe etc etc. Once you get lacerate at level 66 switch it in for mangle and maul. Also, if you glyph maul it can hit two targets giving a bit more threat!

Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    Dont tell a level 63 to cc anything you're just slowing down his levelling... ok so mate just spam swipe but also get an addon where you can easy mark, then tell dps to attack your target and mark it as skull. If they're wanting to just aoe you're going to need to use something like this Swipe> tab>Mangle>tab>maul>Savage Roar>Swipe etc etc. Once you get lacerate at level 66 switch it in for mangle and maul. Also, if you glyph maul it can hit two targets giving a bit more threat!
    What is the point of a savage roar? you want him to be cat form to put up a cat form only buff? And you can't "spam swipe," if you could no one would be complaining because that's what we used to be able to do and bear were aoe threat GODs.

@Havokheart: You didn't ever have problems tanking sub 40 or even sub 70? I'm guessing that you were already 80 before most of these changes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrash seems to solve the agro to HEALERS problems. Pretty much the only way to keep agro off aoe crazy dps (like demo locks and frost DKs) is to tab target or hit Berserk.

Mark 1 mob skull and ask them to kill skull first.

Pre cast thorns, get rage from enrage, FF pull, swipe all the mobs as they get to you, mangle/maul skull, tab, swipe and mangle/maul on cd.

Berserk tab spam for a ton of threat if needed.

Only CC you should use is roots to pull with at lower levels.

Deleted
    Tanking is fine, unless you're a baddie.

Thrash fixes everything, and people who say it doesn't are liars or bad players OR are simply in terrible groups with mindless DPS. You get Thrash waaaaaaay too late though.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnfex View Post
    tanking is fine, but not against 30-50k dps aoe'ing characters that can't reduce threat, like arms warriors etc. single target threat is really proper and easy though, just aoe sometimes lacks if they overdo their aoe. not saying our dmg should be mentally boosted, but if our threat from swipe and trash would be higher than for example the combination of sweeping strikes and bladestorm it would be nice, coz it just isn't atm, u keep 2-3 targets, the 4th and 5th u lose unless u tab everything which seems to be quite necessary nowadays.

Deleted
    which AE packs are we talking about? Why is the warrior Arms? What is the problem with tabbing every mob? You'd rather have no cd on swipe and for tanking to be even more mindnumbing than it is now? no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloodKrayze View Post
    Pretty much this, Prot Pallies are still the most faceroll and ezmode tank in the game.
    Yeah! I love beeing able to told threat with one finger while throwing some heals and hands into the group with the other. Leaves me with a unused hand to pick my nose while tanking!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnfex View Post
    So its fine that with great gear and using every ability in the arsenal and tab-targeting i still barely hold aggro, while warrs and palas do 3 times the dmg with spamming few abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I have been a devout feral bear for years and the nerf to swipe when the cata patch came out was a big hit but also a nice change. Thrash, while many say does nothing, really helps. You still need to tab target, thats how tanks should be doing it now. But I hear at lower levels bear tanking is unbearably hard.
    I see what you did there.

In all honesty though, I have been leveling a Feral Druid and have not had any serious problems with AoE, (sure, I do tab target and blow all my CD's damn near every chance I get, but it works and it keeps me on my toes.) =P

Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    You guys kidding me? Out bear tank reaches 35k+ on trash...
    Only once every 3 minutes.

Deleted
    I agree bear AoE tanking is terrible at the moment. But remember, we arn`t supposed to be tanking 3+ mobs at once, except for some big, low HP AoE groups (Like the geists in SFK) But we have AoE taunt for that.

Pre L81 its hell, i agree, they shoulda make it available earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    1. You can't spam Swipe.
    2. That is definitely not how to AoE tank. (Besides Savage Roar is a CAT ability.)
    3. No, you do not replace Mangle/Maul with Lacerate.
    4. ...Wait, didn't you just say to replace Maul? (lol...)

Bear AoE tanking is gimp before you get to 81. This is not news.

It gets a little better at 66, but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Boringz View Post
    tanking is fine, but not against 30-50k dps aoe'ing characters that can't reduce threat, like arms warriors etc.
    All arms warriors should know that surviving a Bladestorm is just a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by igtenos View Post
    Not only is our AOE bad, but pulling can be messy.... I would kill to have avenger's shield sometimes. Words cannot describe my hatred of those Milhouse Manastorm pulls in Stonecore. I wonder why Ozruk gets all the hate in that dungeon?
    Agree on this - Ozruk is cake comparing to trash pulls at the begining. Dont know why, but Milhouse has to be skull. if hunter open with trap, i do FF on millhouse and start picking up melee mobs going for hunter - in the meantime, Milhouse start nuking other dps. Melee adds dont come at once, so i need few GCDs for swipe/tharsh to pick them up and dps start bitching why i dont hold aggro on millhouse. In general, trash pulls are much harder for me, bosses and Ozruk are cake, really. Casters are biggest problems when i cant LOS them.
    Had DK tank in wotlk, never had problems with casters - just deathgrip caster, strangulate other caster, then DnD and thats it. Bears just dont have tools for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crayven View Post
    Did you know our tanks struggle ( not only bear ) with keeping aggro from HEALER - wtf is this?
    At Maloriak i do more aggro than my threat geared bear ! Wtf is this?
    There are no threat problems anywhere. Especially no healaggro problems. Unless the tank has to kite adds and can't build aggro on them (see Maloriak). That has nothing to do with tank aggro scaling.