traps vs freezing arrow

so atm i have 1 minor glyph unused seeing i don't really see anything usefull but FD and mend pet.
    but this got me thinking. what could be a good minor glyph for this lonely spot!

first thing that came to my mind was a glyph to turn our trap launcher into a trap arrow launcher!

basicly trap launcher would be the same but instead of placing a trap somewhere you target a mob and shoot the trap in his face giving a instant CC.

id love this seeing sometimes it's hard to time CC with a shaman using hex and a mage using sheep. also trapping a patrol gets harder seeing a missed trap mean a 30sec cd on your next trap.( yea my sleepshot saved the group allot!)

so what are your thoughts on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but no, remember the PVP aspect of the game? Do I need to explain myself any more? ;D
    Thundercunts and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like freezing trap to not require the 2 second cast time once its down, so it goes off a lot quicker. Or... have freezing trap also freeze the timers on DoT's so they don't rebreak, but the casters don't have towaste mana reapplying when its time to burn the trap.

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    Sorry but no, remember the PVP aspect of the game? Do I need to explain myself any more? ;D
    Yes, considering Hunters are the 1 class that it takes participation on both sides to trigger our 'cc'. You still have to walk over the obvious trap sitting there in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    hunters suck at damage in pvp

I can only see a BG use for that.

hunters do PVP then? so many slows and stuns id say your a pro if you get 1500 rating...

Yeah, the PvPers from every other class would throw an unholy fit if we got freezing arrow back. Because then we might suck slightly less, and their epeens might shrivel and fall off.

I would like to see a minor glyph that _removed_ the DoT component from Wyvern Sting though. Sucks hard that when I have to sleep a target (which has a long CD anyway), my own CC prevents anybody from CCing that target again. And the damage is so trivial as to not be worth anything. I'd give up a minor glyph spot to fix that problem - especially for PvE use. With that, we could open with a sting, then take our time and trap the target while it's asleep (for a longer duration CC).

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    hunters do PVP then? so many slows and stuns id say your a pro if you get 1500 rating...
    Woohoo! That must mean I'm 1/3 pro, with my nearly 500 rating. Go me!

The only thing I would like to see changed, would be the arming time on the trap. Remove it or shorten the duration to .5 seconds imo.

Deleted
    With the removal of trap launcher from the global cooldown (quite some time ago) traps + launcher totally > freezing arrow. Being able to explosive trap in PvE without having to run in and run out is a gods gift and so is putting snake traps on top of casters without having to move all the way to them in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocoyo View Post
    The only thing I would like to see changed, would be the arming time on the trap. Remove it or shorten the duration to .5 seconds imo.
    This, a hundred times over. The arming time STILL being there is a little absurd now. So what we don't have a cast time on traps... it still has a cast time so to say, just the trap itself does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuilnisman View Post
    With the removal of trap launcher from the global cooldown (quite some time ago) traps + launcher totally > freezing arrow.

Except that, due to clunky mechanics, Trap Launcher still essentially creates a delay roughly equal to the GCD before a trap can be launched. You spend almost that long waiting on the client and server to banter back and forth before they both agree that your next trap is going to have a targeting reticle and be launched instead of dropped at your feet. Because you have to wait for a stupid buff to show up on your character before you can push your trap hotkey again to any effect.

If the developers weren't so stubborn about certain "cool" mechanics ("hey, moonkins meleeing for mana is awesome!" - the Blizzard party line for over a year), they'd have just given us a version of each trap similar to the old Freezing Arrow over the course of a few levels hovering around where we now learn this albatross. It would have even saved them several hours of development and testing time!
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

... Am I the only one who still remembers when we couldn't even place traps while in combat?

Trap Launcher is a godsend, stop trying to get everything. o_o Be happy we can do it in combat now. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    ... Am I the only one who still remembers when we couldn't even place traps while in combat?

Trap Launcher is a godsend, stop trying to get everything. o_o Be happy we can do it in combat now. :P
    i remember it very well.. FD + trap.
    But stop living in the past, things changed drasticly in wow since then, so using something from vanilla as an example to counter the argument is not valid.

i dont have much trouble with it, perhaps the only trap i have delay troubles with is ice trap, freezing trap comes either before a pull or in other cases with scatter shot.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

If you're having difficulty timing your trap with other CC tell the group to let you pull with trap and they CC afterward. Problem solved without changing game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    There was a reason it was called FD+Trap.

as mentioned, the sting could use some help as the DOT after it breaks prevents further cc for 6 secs. would love to sting it and then freeze it if needed.

i like the trap launcher these days, an freezing arrow would be great but i dont think it should replace the launcher.