Lightbulb mmo-champ mobile version/app

Hi

I often access the MMO-champion forum and/or website daily on my Android Phone and was wondering if you had any plans to release a mobile optimized version of the website to increase performance/useability of the site on a phone handset? Not complaining specifically - but Ive noticed that since curse bought out MMO-champ and the 'new look' site was release it takes FOREVER to load on my phone browser - the old site didn't have these problems - not my phone internet speed...just affects this site.

Also, an MMO-champion app maybe the way to go? Dunno throwing these ideas out there to see what people have to say about this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who steals a few precious moments to check MMO-Champ via their phone during the day at work :P

I just run Miren browser and it's fine. Then again, I've also flashed one of the fastest ROMs and kernels on my phone, so in general the website is only limited by connection speed for me.

I'm not complaining about the responsiveness of the site...I'm suggesting something to improve useability on a phone handset ie: So we dont have to resize everything to see the news posts and things.

I guess the best example is a news website we have here in australia that has a mobile version to increase useability on mobiles (resizes to mobile screen size, lays out news posts in easy to read format) etc. go to news.com.au on your handset and you should see it redirect to m.news.com.au.

I guess you could brush this off as a general technical complaint but it was a suggestion i thought was worth posting.

Yes, this is definitely on the list of "things to do" but there's no set date on when you'll see it done.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Well I think they have a mobile version planned, but it's not going to come to fruition for a while. In the mean time, flashing a very fast, up-to-date ROM solves pretty much all speed issues if you're running and android device. Before I did that, I found the site to be pretty damn slow as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Well I think they have a mobile version planned, but it's not going to come to fruition for a while. In the mean time, flashing a very fast, up-to-date ROM solves pretty much all speed issues if you're running and android device. Before I did that, I found the site to be pretty damn slow as well.
    Just be aware that if you do what BP suggests that you may be voiding your phone's warranty and could possibly perform steps incorrectly that can cause irrecoverable damage. I personally have flashed my HTC Hero to CyanogenMod and have never looked back, so if you're willing to take the risk, his suggestion does work as I can now visit sites I couldn't before and can also play Flash videos without stuttering. If only I could play Angry Birds without video lag though...

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Just be aware that if you do what BP suggests that you may be voiding your phone's warranty and could possibly perform steps incorrectly that can cause irrecoverable damage. I personally have flashed my HTC Hero to CyanogenMod and have never looked back, so if you're willing to take the risk, his suggestion does work as I can now visit sites I couldn't before and can also play Flash videos without stuttering. If only I could play Angry Birds without video lag though...
    Actually it's pretty damn hard to fully brick your phone if you flash a new kernel, ROM, etc. There are lots of unbricking methods available, even for a "hard brick", all on XDA. It's my second home!