Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation What do to instead of kicking people from dungeons.

All of you have wanted to kick someone from a dungeon group before, you know you have. But if it's something like they are doing poor DPS, and you know why, then give them tips! If you want to kick someone because they are doing the fight's tactics wrong, then HELP them, don't kick them because you are lazy, and don't want to waste your time helping a "Noob". Please take this information into serious consideration next time you want to kick someone for one or both of those two reasons. The tool to kick other player's out of LFG is not mean't to be abused like it is all the time.
    If it's red, it's dead, so therefore please save yourself the trouble of trying to run.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they don't accept your help and then be a douchebag?
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

i kicked a healer once because the boss was pulled slightly earlier then we wanted, so he ran out of the instance while we tried to fight him.

Unfortunately many people are unwilling or unable to learn or improve. If they had a genuine interest in performing adequately in heroics or raids, they'd have found these forums, elitist jerks or some other guide long ago.
    If anything, giving random players hints is more likely to net you abuse than a thank you.

Also, your signature is way too large for these forums, you should probably tone it down to 1 of them (or a mod will do it for you).

10+ Year Old Account
    I make a gauging comment, just to see how they react.

Douchebaggery = boot
    If they have follow up questions, shows they're willing to learn, they stay and get pointers.

Every time I tried to help someone doing bad, they decided to throw a fit and claim they knew what they were doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamstar View Post
    I make a gauging comment, just to see how they react.

Douchebaggery = boot
    If they have follow up questions, shows they're willing to learn, they stay and get pointers.
    This, a million, MILLION times this.
    People who are willing to learn have a place in my random, if they're douchebags, they can do 1 of 2 things:

1) if they're a CC class, and refuse to CC a mob I tell them to, they can tank it themselves(happens quite a bit nowadays now that more people are getting deep into raid content and they claim heroics are cake and not worthy of CCing)
    2) Gtfo my random and go be a douchebag to some other random.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

I would insult them, making them feel so bad about themselves they want to quit the game and get a name change in real life because they were so fail before then. Seriously, I've been in groups where people have made people nerd rage a huge macro into party chat at someone who was getting on their nerves then quit party, then alt spam them for a while.

The person who started this is a warlock with a 331 ilevel. This means, he is the noob you are kicking, thus why he's so hurt about the whole thing. L2 BE BETTER!

User was infracted for this post. Dont call people out, and all will be cool ~Dark Side
    Last edited by Dark Side; 2011-01-18 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadedglory View Post
    The person who started this is a warlock with a 331 ilevel. This means, he is the noob you are kicking, thus why he's so hurt about the whole thing. L2 BE BETTER!
    That is seriously uncalled for my friend.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

If you're running heroics with around 330 Ilevel, it means you have very little experience doing heroics, barely have the gear for it, and likely do not know the fights. This will (and should) get you kicked. When I kick someone it's either because they're a nuisance to the group, or because they refuse to research anything at all before doing it and expect to be carried. I'm a tank, and if I vote a kick.. it's going to pass. So stop being bad, and maybe you wouldn't have to worry about it.. all I'm saying.

What bothers me about he these kinda of threads is very few look at what the "noob" should of done before he decided to get into a random Dungeon.

Maybe he should of youtubed some boss fights instead of walking in expecting everybody to show him how to do it.
    It pisses me off when people are like "ZOMG DONT KICK MEH JUST TEACH ME HOW TO FIZGHT TEH BOSSES PLZ!!"

I dont pay blizz monthly to teach others how to play the game. Instead i do my research before hand and thats why i dont get kicked from groups...

Oh and i also only do guild runs, soooo that is also why i dont get kicked from groups

Deleted
    ppl make mistake once - its ok
    ppl need to take MB often - its ok
    ppl ask about tactics on bosses - its ok
    ppl make mistake more than 3 times that cause a wipe without noticable change in their playstyle -> byebye
    ppl do dps lower than 4k (same about healers not healing good enough which cause wipe) -> byebye (slacker or noob)
    ppl roll need on item they dont need / not for their mainspec and dont wanna give to guy that need it for mainspec (current spec in instance) - byebye
    afkin more than playin - byebye (slacker)

i have no tolerance in hc's to slackin. ninjas and total noobs. i want to have fun not frustrate about some1 not doing their thing well enough.
    im not in instance to discuss things i want to do instance fast and without trouble. what they gonna do to me anyways. im a tank.

If people are willing to learn they get help(though they really should look up the fights beforehand), if they act like they know it all and it's everyone elses fault then they get the boot, I don't care what guild they're in or what bosses they've supposedly killed. Act like a cunt, get a kick(to the face, hopefully). That being said, I rarely kick people for "not knowing what to do", usually only if they're beyond help and make you pause and wonder just how exactly they got to 85(or even 10..).

Though, I did kick two people a week or so back from Lost City of Tol'vir normal, I was Healing and my friend tanking, two DPS from a different server(friends, though) and a random dps. Me, my friend and the two other friends were all watching "Men who stare at goats" and the dps were being very poor.. I can understand wanting to watch a movie, but doing under 1k dps(both of them) not watching where they're going, body pulling excess trash etc. And I politely asked them if they could focus more on the instance until we were done and one of them replied saying "Sorry I'd rather watch this film" - I replied, "Okay, if you'd rather do that please leave so we can finish" - To that, he refused and said "Lol, well looks like we're in a stale-mate, we're not leaving and you can't do anything about it".. I guess the other random dps was getting sick of it too when I got a vote-kick pop up saying "Except this -_- ", then kicked his friend and finished, putting those two on ignore.. Another two retards out of my life. :3

Make friends in game, don't people who are better than you from other realms to help you gear out and learn to play the game. If you don't suck, you likely won't be kicked, it's that simple. So.. stop sucking.

Last time I did BRC I was with 2 guild mates (tank and healer) and we had 2 dps pugs. One of them said right off the bat that he hadn't done it on heroic before. We said okay, told him what to watch for, and while he made a couple of mistakes he did a decent job. He would ask before each boss what was different on heroic and was generally pleasant to talk to. He even got the hang of the beams on the 2nd boss by our 3rd attempt, but we were willing to keep him around because he was genuinely trying to do well and interacted well with us.

The other pug dps never said a word, got MC'd on the first three attempts after we had explained it to him quite thoroughly, and basically just stopped us from moving forward. He got booted and I think it was completely justified. I'm not going to help you if you won't even talk to me and tell me why you are having problems with a mechanic.

If you show you are willing to learn and don't act like you know everything then I'm more than willing to help out and take a few extra minutes on the run.

IMO (and a theme throughout this thread) the most important thing is ATTITUDE- if you are willing to learn and admit mistakes i'm not going to be annoyed as long as you are improving. if you fail to move out of fire, but say afterward "shit, sorry about that. i'll make sure to avoid that next time" and do avoid it next, good for you. however, if you rage/dont learn, i may get annoyed. however, i've never kicked anyone, so its kind of moot :P

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Deleted
    Mistakes happen, but if you don't know the fight or your class, I'd like another person playing your role.

You don't have to answer me, but be honest to yourself: who amongst you have seen the tactics before entering an instance? It could be a normal, a heroic or a raid. I don't agree with people saying they learn tactics on the spot. I have read/seen the tactics befóre I entered and I'm not your Tankspot or dungeon workshop teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by shadedglory View Post
    stop beeing the worlds biggest jerk..
    if you cant answer people with a normal tone, then go do something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. This doesn't work with every pug, I'm afraid. In fact.. most of them get defensive and angry. Even if you take it to whispers so as not to "humiliate" them by giving them dps tips / strategies.
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: why is never peeple who are smart of the fighting
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: every time raiding
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: people are wheels on chair

(( Manapaws ))