Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Where do I sign the petition to make it illegal to start threads like this? Like, literally, illegal. Because this crap is getting very, very old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla was all about waiting hours to find groups... most of the time they weren't decent groups unless you guilded it up. Then you'd spend 3-4 hours running a 5-10-15 man instance in the vain hopes of getting a blue item.

Oh wait... its the SAME THING in Cataclysm!
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    I know you said not to post if we are not in favor of or say that it would never happen, but it really never, ever will happen.

I could see a chance of it happening pre-Cataclysm, but Cataclysm changed nearly all of classic Azeroth.

The old Azeroth may exist in some old code copies in their source repository, but whereas pre-Cata all they'd have to do is set the max level to 60 and disable TBC and WotLK content, now they'd have to keep two separate active forks of the Kalimdor and EK content and dungeons. That would be a maintenance and support nightmare.

WoW is almost an entirely new game now with respect to vanilla content.
    all im asking for is server, no help from gms at all. i dont think we can ask for too much, and im not.

It would be too damn hard imo, rebalance all spells, make new talent and many skills didnt exist in 1.12, like Hammer of righteous...keep new mechanic for each class? like Eclipse mechanic for moonkin or Holy Power for Paladin ... i mean do you want to start a new server with patch 1.12 or a new Vanilla Wow with patch 4.0V(for Vanilla =D)

Deleted
    Yes! Yes! Bring back the version of Vanilla wow without Summoning Stones!

/sarcasm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilec View Post
    Threads are for discussions. They aren't here for you and your buddies to high five each other and praise your ideas. The people who have differing opinions are more important to have around in any proposal than people all completely agreeing and patting each other on the back.

With all that being said, a Vanilla server would be a bad idea. It would basically cater to a very small pool of players and would offer no content updates. Overall, there isn't any real use or reason for Blizzard to offer a service like this.
    i made this thread as commercial for people that are intressed in it, not to gain "WOA ur awezome duuude! marry my daughter!!"

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 01:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    It would be too damn hard imo, rebalance all spells, make new talent and many skills didnt exist in 1.12, like Hammer of righteous...keep new mechanic for each class? like Eclipse mechanic for moonkin or Holy Power for Paladin ... i mean do you want to start a new server with patch 1.12 or a new Vanilla Wow with patch 4.0V(for Vanilla =D)
    just a server with a certain patch, dont change a thing, since it would be loads of work. no gm to help you or anything, just a server for fun

Ever Quest one did this... where after certain bosses were killed it opened the next expansion and so on... needless to say the entire server lasted little over two months before it had caught up with other normal servers.

Deleted
    please dont post any useless posts like "it will never happen!! ARGH!!" etc.. if you dont care for it just leave this thread alone please i beg you
    From what I can see from that is that you don't take criticism particularly well, meaning if its not supporting your idea its not useful.

OT: Although it was nice to live through it once ill pass on living through it again, the time had come,stayed,and left. Not saying I hated vanilla by any extent but it was nice when I had come and will have fond memories of it, and that's what they shall remain, memories.

Vanilla was pretty bad actually, people forgot how shitty many things were back then.

Goddamn I'm getting sick of these threads. Why on EARTH would you want to go back to vanilla? The only good thing about it was the memories, and even if they brought it back you would not be able to relive said memories, you would be like 'fuck, not Molten Core again'. All in all, this idea is retarded, let it go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by is4kss0n View Post
    i made this thread as commercial for people that are intressed in it, not to gain "WOA ur awezome duuude! marry my daughter!!"
    It doesn't matter. A vanilla server will never happen, especially a server with no GM moderation. You would have rampant game hacking, harassment issues and the like. It may or may not even have enough people to support a healthy group setting, let alone an economy. Class spread would be terrible because of how grossly imbalanced the game was back then. Not to mention that the lack of updates would make this lose flavor with people pretty quickly.

In short, Blizzard has absolutely no reason to offer a server like this. If it means so much to you, there are ways that you can set up your own vanilla server. I won't tell you how, but there are ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Vanilla was pretty bad actually, people forgot how shitty many things were back then.

life is buggy as hell but i love it, its the challange to not have everything you ever wanted that i loved. -O-O- Nostalgia glasses equipped!

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 01:58 AM ----------

just a server with a certain patch, dont change a thing, since it would be loads of work. no gm to help you or anything, just a server for fun
    Then again, Private servers. Going to look for a post I seen earlier from a guy who runs a private vanilla server. Will edit reply in once I find the guys name.

NM, couldn't find the guys name. But private server is about the only chance where you'll see a Vanilla world.
    Last edited by Hamstar; 2011-01-18 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who want a Vanilla server did not play Vanilla. Vanilla was pretty horrible compared too BC and Cata, I'm sorry I'd like to raid and have a social life at the same time.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

This would end up like twink battlegrounds, people would claim they would use them and then when added nobody would join.

i just dont want people like you (yes i went there) to post things we already know. i did not want to start a discussion, all i wanted was to get some names on that website
    You don't want people voicing their opinions in this thread is what you mean. You don't want a discussion, you want a 'whoever agrees with me sign up otherwise nevermind' conversation and I'm sorry this is the wrong place for it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care for threads like this and I won't get a ban for saying that. Blizzard has said they will not do this as it is not a profitable idea and the point of their endeavors is to improve endgame for the 99.9% of players that want to be involved in it. Classic servers would require more GMs which is not where Blizzard wants to put its money.
    Outside of the topic of how Blizzard does business, the people who join, will get to 60, realize how much of a bitch it is just to get prepared for raiding and quit. Rose coloured glasses make people think that nostalgic things are automatically better. Nostalgia's great and I'm guilty of playing through Mario 64 in one 5 and a half hour sitting everyone once in a while, but you quickly realize that technology has advanced to better things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aljaser View Post
    That's not the stables. That's the smell of a hundred heroes of the Alliance who haven't washed their undergarments in 6 years.

The chance isn't "minimal" it's "nonexistant".

Next time, actually do more than search and then post. Try reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just dont want people like you (yes i went there) to post things we already know. i did not want to start a discussion, all i wanted was to get some names on that website
    So why would you post this thread on a forum? Thats kind of like laying out a buffet and saying that no one can eat it.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.