10+ Year Old Account

Quick Magmaw Question

Can anyone clarify what damage types Magmaw does on the tank, specifically during his mangle and nomming phases. I am tanking him for the first time tonight and am wondering if the 400 resistance to all schools trinket (Mirror of Broken Images-Hellscream's Reach) will be a beneficial CD to blow before getting chowed on or if he deals all physical damage. Thanks.
    "Brevity is...wit"

15+ Year Old Account
    i do belive its melee dmg you are taking since its a mangle

Deleted
    I believe you only take physical damage apart from:

Lava Spew - Deals 31450 to 36550 Fire damage per second for three seconds to all players within 60 yards.

Or if you stand in the half of the room that gets set on fire which is bad :P

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mangle itself is physical: see http://www.wowhead.com/spell=94616.

School: Physical

So in short the trinket might help with incidental fire damage flying around, but not Mangle itself.

It's important to note that if you are a Paladin, you may BoP yourself as you're being eaten and completely negate the damage from Mangle for its duration. Note, however, that BoP will not last the entire duration of Mangle, so make sure your healers are ready for its expiration.

Same would apply if you have a non-Paladin tank, but a Paladin somewhere in the raid.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-01-18 at 03:18 AM.