Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Dual-box

Dual - Box ......4000dps + 4000dps = 8000dps Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    I laugh at people who come to "I need help with dps" threads to call the op bad
    because it's hard for them to read the first couple of lines on mmo lock forums... "Sticky Thread Sticky: Destruction Warlock guide - Dot, Nuke, Nuke, Rinse, Repeat."

I dont know how to help you, but I cant break 6k or so with Destro. I dont know why?

I am doing 12 - 16K in Raids depending on what im fighting with Demo.

Start: Meta>Demon Soul

Curese of Elements >Instant Soul Fire> Immolate>Corruption>Bane of Doom>HOG>Shadow Bolt >Shadow Bolt> Shadow Bolt> Shadow Bolt> Rinse and Repeat Rotation. All this while your felguard is pounding the boss and having felstorm on CD.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B8ts/advanced
    Last edited by DMac84; 2011-01-22 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bpl0807 View Post
    Lately my dps has hit rock bottom, and I don't seem to be doing the damage that I did at 80, and i'm 85. Here is my character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...valac/advanced . My rotation is Key 1: Soul Fire, Key 2: Immolate, Key 3: Conflagrate (I cast conflagrate whenever the cooldown is up.) , Key 4: Chaos Bolt, Key 5: Searing Pain, Key 6: Fel Flame (This obviously increases the duration of my Immoate debuff on the target, or refreshes it.) And I know my gear sucks, but I was doing more damage at level 80, and i'm now 85. If anyone could give me any advice possible, It would really help.

Thanks
    GET GLYPHS!
    maybe a cuppel of enchants
    Only use fel flame when youre moving and got nothing else to do

Quote Originally Posted by pieki View Post
    Only use fel flame when youre moving and got nothing else to do
    Fel Flame is horrible. Really, only use it if you are moving.

I too thought it would be good because it was an instant cast that would refresh immolate. Look at the charts. You will do much more DPS just recasting immolate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    I recommend trying affliction and demonology. From the looks of things Destruction is bad now, it's going to get worse next patch, and doesn't scale very well.
    False. YOU ARE WRONG!

My advice, check your wrists for a pulse. If you don't feel one you might be a zombie who lacks the coordination required to play video games.

Sorry, had to go there.

Deleted
    hmm i always use bane of agony .. i think mainly because i forgot bane of doom exists
    but anyway
    i keep up :Bane, Corruption, Immolate. Keep on cd chaos bolt and conflagrate and also keep shadow bolt debuff up, filler incinerate on proc Soul fire? (forgot name) ye those are the spells .. 8 of them

I pull around 8 to 9 k .. but i am not geared for heroics yet so that will most likly drop a bit when i get 4 more ilvl
    Last edited by mmoc90b269506a; 2011-01-21 at 06:31 PM.

You guys should be pulling anywhere from 9-12k in heroics as Destruction, and anywhere from 14-18k on fights in raids without damage increases (ie the first boss in BWD/BoT). Your rotation should look something like CoE > Bane of Doom (unless there's multiple targets, where bane of havoc is definately the better choice) > Corruption > Soulburn > Demonsoul > Soulfire > Shadowbolt (increased 5% crit) > Immolate > Chaos Bolt > Conflagrate > Incinerate. You want to keep up the 15% haste buff from Soulfire at all times, even if that means you have to hardcast it. Then just go in order of priority, where you use the spells as they come off cooldown, or their buffs are about to expire. (Obviously give priority to Conflagrate over Chaos Bolt, especially considering its your second highest damaging spell and gives backdraft). Jus thave to pay attention to certain things, like making sure Improved Shadowbolt doesn't fall off, and that you're putting Dark Intent on a Shadow Priest/Affliction Warlock/Resto Druid, and refreshing Corruption/Bane of Doom on your target as they wear off.

Also, you should be using Glyph of Imp, Glyph of Immolate, and Glyph of Conflagrate as your primes, majors you need the Life Tap and Soul Link ones mainly, and minors are useless.

Stat priority (for those who raid) is Int > Hit Cap > Crit > Haste > Mastery, hope this helps.

first patch after cata (or was it still before cata?) took searing pain out of our rotation... you may be looking at an old guide...

also where are you generating this 4k dps?.. test dummy?... raid trash or bosses?... heroics?... just questing?... judging by your gearl level it has to be non heroic dungeons... are you being asked to CC?... switching targets to CC will affect your dps, especially if you are out of practice of doing it...

it looks like your gear is undergemmed and unenchanted... and you are unglyphed... are you buffed?... potions, raid buffs, food?...

curse of doom, incinerate spam filler, curse of elements, inferno, soul swap all need to be part of your priority list...

just out of curiousity... what were you pulling in icc?...

tips for your rotation, i always start the fight with CoE, corruption, immolate, bane of doom, then conflag. the reason is that there's the gcd from casting immolate that takes a second before conflag will register so you fit in bane of doom while you wait.

also i use fel flame in my rotation after i use conflag. the reason is, on a good "rotation" i should hit conflag, then fel flame x 2 (to get immolate back up close to full duration (longer than conflag cd), as fel flame does not extend beyond 16sec) and then have time to squeeze in another incinerate before chaos bolt comes off cd. then after that it gets into a priority system with glyphs and times. but every time i hit conflag i follow up with two more fel flames to keep the dot ticking. i've noticed fights where i spend time casting immolate to refresh doesn't change dps significantly. I'm generally doing 12k when i'm not having to move around a lot or drop my rotation, and ~14k when raid buffed. Right now keeping soul fire up is the hardest thing to do unless you have some visual indicator that tells you its time to cast again (i use power auras to alert when there's 3s left on the buff, giving me enough time to cast my current spell and then switch to casting a soul fire that will hit after the buff drops off). The only problem is improved soulfire tends to time around my immolate ticks and casting it i'll let my immolate drop off wasting more time having to recast immolate. the best rotation is to try to squeeze in a fel flame right before casting soul fire to keep immolate rolling.

oh and when the boss is below 35% if you spec'd into improved searing pain, i switch to that as filler because it does do more damage than incinerate with the increased crit strike (but you still need to maintain your dots). faster cast, along with soul burns and conflags will give a nice spike of dps right at the end of a boss's life.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/alkaid/simple
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Montesquieu View Post
    SimCraft is only under highly ideal situations. Unfortunately, raids are anything but ideal.

As for utility, I see Shadow and Flame's 5% debuff, Replenishment, and (sorta) Shadowfury. That's pretty decent. I understand that Demo brings a SP buff, and Afflic an int/spirit buff with a felpuppy. What am I missing?
    Raids are ideal most of the time if you know how to move and where to place your portal, affliction is the spec that can hit the highest dps. As far as utility goes affliction have jinx, which is great for add fights. Dont use a Felhunter. After the next patch destro will fall even further behind then it allready is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero infiniti View Post
    tips for your rotation, i always start the fight with CoE, corruption, immolate, bane of doom, then conflag. the reason is that there's the gcd from casting immolate that takes a second before conflag will register so you fit in bane of doom while you wait.

also i use fel flame in my rotation after i use conflag. the reason is, on a good "rotation" i should hit conflag, then fel flame x 2 (to get immolate back up close to full duration (longer than conflag cd), as fel flame does not extend beyond 16sec) and then have time to squeeze in another incinerate before chaos bolt comes off cd. then after that it gets into a priority system with glyphs and times. but every time i hit conflag i follow up with two more fel flames to keep the dot ticking. i've noticed fights where i spend time casting immolate to refresh doesn't change dps significantly. I'm generally doing 12k when i'm not having to move around a lot or drop my rotation, and ~14k when raid buffed. Right now keeping soul fire up is the hardest thing to do unless you have some visual indicator that tells you its time to cast again (i use power auras to alert when there's 3s left on the buff, giving me enough time to cast my current spell and then switch to casting a soul fire that will hit after the buff drops off). The only problem is improved soulfire tends to time around my immolate ticks and casting it i'll let my immolate drop off wasting more time having to recast immolate. the best rotation is to try to squeeze in a fel flame right before casting soul fire to keep immolate rolling.

oh and when the boss is below 35% if you spec'd into improved searing pain, i switch to that as filler because it does do more damage than incinerate with the increased crit strike (but you still need to maintain your dots). faster cast, along with soul burns and conflags will give a nice spike of dps right at the end of a boss's life.

Fel Flame shouldn't be used except when running. Also, you forgot Soul Fire in your rotation, which is presumably first so it travels while your CoE lands.

If your immolate keeps falling off when ISF does, cast immolate first. It lands with ISF, recast Soul fire (with a shard if need be) and continue on your merry way. Problem (usually) solved.

Also, who the hell specs into searing pain? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Oh wait, you did. Respec into Nether Protection, and actually use Nether Ward, your healers will hate you less.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It must be your "rotation." Also, your hit is fairly low. Though other stats may be valued more, if you miss on Conflag you're boned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero infiniti View Post

A. It's a bigger dps increase to just re-cast Immolate, Fel Flame is only good if you're on the move and can't stop to cast.
    B. Spec out of Searing Pain, get Aftermath for all I care, or if you like your healers get Nether Protection, either way, dont. use. searing. pain.

You'll do more dps if you follow those two tips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepo View Post
    first patch after cata (or was it still before cata?) took searing pain out of our rotation... you may be looking at an old guide...

also where are you generating this 4k dps?.. test dummy?... raid trash or bosses?... heroics?... just questing?... judging by your gearl level it has to be non heroic dungeons... are you being asked to CC?... switching targets to CC will affect your dps, especially if you are out of practice of doing it...

it looks like your gear is undergemmed and unenchanted... and you are unglyphed... are you buffed?... potions, raid buffs, food?...

curse of doom, incinerate spam filler, curse of elements, inferno, soul swap all need to be part of your priority list...

just out of curiousity... what were you pulling in icc?...
    Soul Swap is part of a destro locks priority list? NEWS TO ME! But really, don't try to use Soul Swap in your Destro rotation as you'll have a very hard time doing so.

*Hard Cast Soul Fire when you have ~2 seconds left on Improves Soul Fire Buff
    *Use 3x incin when you have Backdraft (After Conflagrate)
    *Use Chaos Bolt on c/d + without Backdraft (Incinerate benefits more from Backdraft than CB Does)
    *Bane of Doom on the DPS target, Bane of Havoc on any non-CC'd targets (Note: You can put Bane of Havoc on your fear target as the periodic damage won't break the fear, while any direct damage will)
    *Remove Searing Pain from your bars
    *Always keep Corruption up.
    *Recast Immolate to refresh the duration, only use Fel Flame when you are moving and don't have any other instant casts to use.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Yeah get glyphs man!!! O_O Not wearing any is like not using Talent Points!

Quote Originally Posted by blablablablablabla View Post
    Raids are ideal most of the time if you know how to move and where to place your portal, affliction is the spec that can hit the highest dps. As far as utility goes affliction have jinx, which is great for add fights. Dont use a Felhunter. After the next patch destro will fall even further behind then it allready is.
    the charts show destro just below afflic and above demo...
    Last edited by zakayron; 2011-01-22 at 01:20 AM.
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Quote Originally Posted by blablablablablabla View Post
    I'm pretty sure Affliction hits the highest DPS with BiS gear, which the majority of people don't have yet. As of right now with the gear that is 'reasonably' available Destruction is higher DPS, we'll see after 4.0.6 though.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathCalls View Post
    I'm pretty sure Affliction hits the highest DPS with BiS gear, which the majority of people don't have yet. As of right now with the gear that is 'reasonably' available Destruction is higher DPS, we'll see after 4.0.6 though.
    even at BiS gear levels, destruction is right there with affliction. affliction is better in a vacuum, less better in a "light movement" encounter, & destruction is a bit better on "heavy movement" fights. when you consider that Bane of Havoc isn't used in any of the destruction profiles, it becomes a great choice for some encounters (conclave, valiona & theralion, council, nefarian).

demonology is certainly the most consistently behind on single-target encounters, but considering the absurd AoE dmg it can provide it's the clear choice on many encounters (magmaw, halfus, maloriak, cho'gall). demonology also has a great burst-execute for heroic chimaeron.

the patch seems like it's going to hit affliction a little harder than need be, but demonology will be good to have on the top of our simcrafts since it suffers most from any movement.

all in all, we're really the only pure-dps class with 3 balanced & completely viable specs. any choice played well will do fine.