Account Achievements

I know it's been posted back in July that they wanted to do this but didn't plan for it any time soon, but i really was curious on how you guys felt about this.

Account Achievements were planned to be launched with Wrath and clearly that hasn't happened. Account achievements would lessen the feeling of characters beings "alts" where you are discouraged to play because they lack that latest achievement or because you don't have your new mount.

I was hoping that Blizzard would soon announce account wide achievements especially since it would probably make me think of switching my main.

Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Account_achievements

Thanks for your time.

I want it to happen. I would love to make a new character my main but leaving behind all those achievements, mounts, titles, companion pets, etc would feel weird :[ .

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm praying this comes one of these days.

Good idea, not sure how easy it is to implement

15+ Year Old Account
    In the cookie jar. Stay The F*ck Away From It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Well, they could (And bear with me here, Im not really that much of a pc geek:P) scan the achievements of all your characters and give the ach to your `Alts` accordingly?
    Dont know how hard it would be to accomplish.
    P.S. my button which adds the high comma? Like between don_t is broken. So sorry for the English
    Abandon all hope to humanity and you won't be disappointed in random LFGs.

My Rogue

And waay too many alts

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    I don't see why it would be hard. They have a register of all of our armories and all characters on each account. Seeing as they can make this awesome game I don't think the programming would be too tough for them to simply add Armories+Account character's together.

But on topic I would love this. I dont really want to quit my druid but I cant bring myself to play a alt simply because I have put a ton of time for mounts/achi/pets and I couldnt bring myself to let that all go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how the actual achievement part would be difficult seeing they did it account wide for SC 2. I think they are hesitant to do so because people want not only their achievements but also their Rep, pets, mounts, titles, and ESPECIALLY feats of strength. I think what *might* be the easiest thing to do would be a paid class change to roll EVERYTHING over to a "new" char. I can also see places where this may run into problems. I'm one of those people who would like something like this because I'm also too stubborn to leave behind all the achievements, mounts, pets, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really, really, really love for this to happen. Not only am I slightly an altaholic, but I've also found out how much I enjoy playing other classes versus my "main". I hate the feeling that I'm lacking in experiences or whatever because I have 2000 achievement points on my "alt" compared to almost 6000 on my "main". And some of what I have on my "main" will probably never be duplicated, such as old instance/raid runs, Ony level 60, etc. I can't imagine anybody would want to run things like Naxx for just achievements. Although some may, most don't. And what others have said, mounts, pets, and titles aren't easily duplicated. I will NEVER grind Netherwind rep again. I'm already mad that I didn't realize I lost my argent tounry achievements with faction changing, and having to re-do those on my main is enough to bring tears.
    Last edited by bearxfoo; 2011-01-18 at 03:43 AM.

I imagine the reason it has not happened is some sort of crucial structuring of their database makes the change a monumental one.

I pray though that achievements, titles, and mounts are shared between characters.

Id love any achievment with a mount to be shared, like mountain o mounts would be easier between multiple toons, and id love to have an account wide companion pet database cas my mains stable of 100+ pets is annoying to have to earn on multiple toons

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be against this, but now I'm not feeling like a one toon man. I want to level a disc priest in battlegrounds and it'd kinda suck if I put in all that time to BGs and all the time I've put into racking up victories on my Druid is essentially nullified. Might be good to limit it to certain achievements. Like rep ones obviously not, and boss achievements I'd be iffy on, but stuff like professions, especially with the fishing achievements being sorta random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aljaser View Post
    That's not the stables. That's the smell of a hundred heroes of the Alliance who haven't washed their undergarments in 6 years.

I imagine pvp achievements, but not kills, ect, should be shared.

HKs should be account wide, my paladin has 50k kills and when I switched I had to start over
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.