Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I don't like cricket..

I love it..

england retaining the ashes in oz for the first time in 24 years..

comeon!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only 10% of games are moderately exciting, and that's only for about 1 minute where one side has to get like 6 runs in 1 bowl to win

Get over ur self. No1 cares about the ashes. And u only beat a struggelong aussie side.

Come on india. They gonna rune u lot. Come on south africa in december. There is the 2 sides u hav to beat be4 u can start braging so get over ur self.

Anyway arnt they smashing u lot in the one dayers lol

fuuuu go the aussies we will bounce back in england in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by holyman View Post
    Anyway arnt they smashing u lot in the one dayers lol
    Wouldn't say smashing, last 3 matches have been decided in the last over of the game.

As for the ashes, the australian selectors made terrible decisions, so many players didn't deserve to be in the team.
    Last edited by Ieft; 2011-01-18 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by henla View Post
    I love it..

england retaining the ashes in oz for the first time in 24 years..

comeon!
    Remember what happened the last time England retained the Ashes?

One S. K. Warne came about. Are you sure you want a repeat

Deleted
    its a very competitive sport...

its neck and neck with golf and snooker for most boring thing to watch ever ^ ^

each to his own man, im glad you like it (and kudos for understanding the scoring, i have an applied physics degree and i have no clue), but i cant see the appeal myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You love Cricket cell provider? Good for you, but I think their coverage is pretty spotty myself...

But for real, I don't get that sport, probably since we don't play it in the States. Cricket and rugby... I'll keep my baseball and football thanks(and yeah, I do like soccer/futbal too)

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

England <3

Aussies are crap but who cares, they beat a crap Eng team in 2005 we beat a crap Aus team this year, test cricket > ODI + T/20 for prestige, ofc T/20 is where the entertainment lies, anyway bring on the CWC!

T20 is like 7's rugby. No1 care. Fiji is the world number 1 and that doesnt make them the best team in the world. As for test> ODI i dis agree. The so difrent u cant realy compair them. Take new zealand, crap at tests but a very reasonable ODI team. Some of the best cricketers in the world doesnt play tests any more cos of the time and touring like trescothick. He wont play on tour cos of family commitments. So test criket isnt realy as competitve as it should be or as ODI's

Problem with cricket is that it is so damn LOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG!!!! and the fact that there aint much happening when they play :O

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always been interested in the sport. Unfortunately here, in Canada it isn't popular. I can't turn on the TV and watch a match, nor can I open a paper and even read about it. It's just not popular here. I'm a sports fan, I enjoy all sports really. I usually have a sports channel on 24/7. I feel that I'm missing out

Deleted
    as for ''football'' (which is a sport in europe where they use their feet all the time regardless of what you yanks call it ^ ^) or as we woulc call it american football (have to give it to the states i bet their sports dont have as much violence and rioting after games -.- football is the scourge of the UK and europe.) and rugby, lets not get into it, rugby is for real men, no need for all that padding thanks ^ ^ ive watched american football a couple of times, it just seems very stop-start.

the states have everyone else beat when it comes to naming teams but, ours are boring as hell and theirs all sound badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eater_of_birds View Post
    as for ''football'' (which is a sport in europe where they use their feet all the time regardless of what you yanks call it ^ ^) or as we woulc call it american football (have to give it to the states i bet their sports dont have as much violence and rioting after games -.- football is the scourge of the UK and europe.) and rugby, lets not get into it, rugby is for real men, no need for all that padding thanks ^ ^ ive watched american football a couple of times, it just seems very stop-start.

the states have everyone else beat when it comes to naming teams but, ours are boring as hell and theirs all sound badass.
    I will give you that, american football si very stop-start. They go for 5-10 seconds... stop for a minute, make another play... oh it's time for a commercial break. That's why I enjoy watching soccer, nonstop action for 90 minutes(minus the short break halfway through). I wish we had rugby on tv here, I'd love to see what that's about. But still, cricket? I just don't get it, I'll stick with baseball

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    I will give you that, american football si very stop-start. They go for 5-10 seconds... stop for a minute, make another play... oh it's time for a commercial break. That's why I enjoy watching soccer, nonstop action for 90 minutes(minus the short break halfway through). I wish we had rugby on tv here, I'd love to see what that's about. But still, cricket? I just don't get it, I'll stick with baseball
    True cricket can be boring to watch but try playing it, you wait around just as much as baseball. The rules can be confusing though.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Aussie, and I'm a bit of a sports nut.
    I love cricket, all forms. Tand they shouldn't get rid of Tests. Tests are where the real champions are discovered.
    I'd easily sit there and watch Cricket, AFL, Football, Darts, Netball, Basketball, Ten pin Bowling, Table Tennis, Archery, etc. Whatever.
    The only sports I have trouble watching is Golf and NFL. Golf just isn't interesting to watch. The actions involved are too slow and mundane for me to care. I realise how hard it is to make a good shot and keep it accurate. I've tried, I suck hard at golf. Plus i must be doing something wrong, because my back cracks on every swing... So I suck, but it's still boring.
    NFL would be bearable if they didn't have so many ad breaks or breaks of any kind in between plays. It's so very slow that i'd sooner fall asleep than find the will to change channel.
    Oh, 2 more things. Manchester United shall go through undefeated :P and AFL is the toughest sport. Tougher than Rugby.

That's why I enjoy watching soccer, nonstop action for 90 minutes
    have you ever watched soccer try 2-3 mins of action whole game

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lenninzx View Post
    That's just not true. <3 Soccer. It's awesome to watch when good teams are playing, although, watching bad teams play is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    Wouldn't say smashing, last 3 matches have been decided in the last over of the game.
    Pretty sure Australia won the first 3 games easily, but lost the 4th match.

Anyway, once M. Clarke gets another model as a girl friend, we will win EVERYTHING!!!

We are still the #1 ODI side in the world, with the World Cup almost on us, we will see how we go. Our Bowling is all over the place atm, and our batting is inconsistant, especially the middle order.

try gaining and inkling of understanding of the game then post about a sport.