As a holy pally, which ring should I choose?

Band of Secret Names -> This is is a DPS ring. But I could reforge crit to spirit and it would be " ok " since my mana pool is quite good now.

Twined Band of Flowers -> This one has spirit, but instead of haste or crit it has mastery...which IMO is kind of useless for me.

So right now, I have no idea which one should I get, any clues?

Please enlighten me, thanks.

Deleted
    It all depends on your current stats, not providing anything makes it somewhat pointless to post.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to grab the Band of Secret Names and Security Measure Alpha reforging crit on both rings to haste.

Deleted
    For me, my rings of choice are Twined Band of Flowers and Security Measure Alpha. On both rings i have reforged the Crit/Mastery to haste. The reason being is because Spirit still increases output. More mana regen = more heals.

I went with the Band of Secret Names and reforged the crit into Spirit. But then again, I'm a haste/spirit whore and will most likely forego Tier gear due to the complete lack of haste.

And you cannot reforge the crit on Secret Names to haste 'cause it already has haste on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    It all depends on your current stats, not providing anything makes it somewhat pointless to post.

I'd post my armory but i logged off with PROT gear, and maintenance is on so..

Well im mostly spirit/haste whore so it's hard to chose a ring that doesn't bring BOTH things together.

I plan to take Security Measure Alpha as my second ring, but I still can't decide between those VP rings =/

I took the spirit one, for what its worth. 8/12 and I don't need it now, really, but i'll need it for the future. Offset it by taking the Haste/Crit relic and reforging the crit to spirit.

Spirit loss for haste gain one place.

Haste loss for spirit gain in another.

Band of Secret Names & Ring of the Boy Emperor

Reforge Crit on BOSN for 51 Spirit
    Reforece Mastery of ROBE for 51 Spirit

best possible combination of rings for PvE Paladin, assuming you prioritize stats as INT >> Haste > Crit >= Spirit, which you should pending proper itemization, min/max, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    best possible combination of rings for PvE Paladin, assuming you prioritize stats as INT >> Haste > Crit >= Spirit, which you should pending proper itemization, min/max, etc...
    Assuming you're in a fairly slack guild going for slow 12/12 normal, yes

If you're rushing towards heroic content it should be Int > Spirit/Haste > Crit, due to the fact your entire raid won't be out gearing the content and your Int will be lower, thus you'll want more spirit

Back on topic: The DPS ring is better unless you've somehow managed to avoid spirit on every other piece of gear and forgotten how to press judgement more than once a minute

The DPS ring and DPS cloak from valor points with crit reforged to spirit is your best bet for valor points. There's a spirit/haste cloak that drops in bastion, I believe that is better.

The valor healing stuff has all mastery, which I avoid like the plague on my paly. It's an insanely low portion of our "healing" even while tank healing. Go for haste/spirit (since int will be equal on them all at the same item level). If you can't get haste/spirit, get haste/crit and reforge the crit to spirit.
    Last edited by EndGame; 2011-01-18 at 03:46 PM.

Both myself and the holy paladin on my server who is 4/12 hards use the Spirit/Mastery ring. How much haste are you really getting from that haste that its more valuable than a large chunk of spirit?

While some throughput stats are better than others, any throughput stats and spirit are better than 2 throughput stats and low spirit.

Reforge mastery to haste and keep some solid spirit. Only reason to do otherwise is if you need the bonus haste from the DPS ring to push you over the plateau for more holy radiance ticks, but that seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    Actually, no. Regardless of his other gear a Hase/Crit option will always be better than a Spirit/Mastery one. Mastery is next to useless and should be avoided as much as possible. THe only case where I would choose the Spirit/Mastery option is if I were somehow way way way below my desired Spirit levels. But if that's the case, there are definitely other badge purchases one should be making.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I got the Band of Secret Names and Security Measure. Mastery is half as good as crit, and crit is already bad for throughput :S
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Actually, no. Regardless of his other gear a Hase/Crit option will always be better than a Spirit/Mastery one. Mastery is next to useless and should be avoided as much as possible. THe only case where I would choose the Spirit/Mastery option is if I were somehow way way way below my desired Spirit levels. But if that's the case, there are definitely other badge purchases one should be making.
    This is largely untrue, as even though mastery is bad, spirit is really good. Lots of paladins seem to find it really easy to completely disregard spirit, but this is not a good idea. Many holy paladins are in the middle of eating their previous GET LOTS OF HASTE words and are now looking at spirit/t11 because the harder encounters simply require more regen and aren't worried about your 2% bonus haste you get.

This is actually not true and you'd be significantly better off with SPirit/Mastery with mastery reforged to haste.

The only time Haste is better than spirit is farm content. I've yet to have anyone to die because my holy light was .1 seconds too slow, so that 500 haste is not make or break.

My guild is going for a slow 12/12. On every combat I hardly go OOM. Every piece of my equip has spirit, and I'm always using judgement. But I like the fact that i can almost never ran OOM. The thing is, will 50-60 spirit help me more than 50-60 haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Brashara View Post
    This is largely untrue, as even though mastery is bad, spirit is really good. Lots of paladins seem to find it really easy to completely disregard spirit, but this is not a good idea. Many holy paladins are in the middle of eating their previous GET LOTS OF HASTE words and are now looking at spirit/t11 because the harder encounters simply require more regen and aren't worried about your 2% bonus haste you get.
    If I somehow gave the impression that Haste was better than Spirit or that I don’t use Spirit, then I apologize. Though I don’t know what part of what I wrote could have given you that idea. Just taking a peek at my armory should clearly show how much I value Spirit. Of all the variable stats, it is definitely the best. Really, I’m confused when you say people are eating their praise of Haste because every single credible person that’s ever said Haste is good has also said Spirit is great. I honestly don’t know, nor have I seen, a single Pally that’s pushing Crit/Haste as his preferred gearing option. So when you say “Lots of Pallies completely disregard Spirit”, it makes me wonder if you have any idea at all what you’re talking about. Or what kinds of bad player circles you run with. Or what kinds of "facts" you're pulling out of your ass.

This discussion is about what’s desired anyway. It’s about a choice between two sub-par options. You want to make the least sucky choice. Mastery is terrible. Its value is no more than half that of Spirit or Haste (which is to say that I’d gladly trade away 100 Mastery for 50 Spirit). Probably less. It’s so terrible that even the usefulness of Spirit cannot make it worthwhile as a second stat choice when it can be avoided altogether.

This is actually not true and you'd be significantly better off with SPirit/Mastery with mastery reforged to haste.
    Significantly? Yeah. No. You won't find a significant difference in either of these two choices. Nonetheless, you still want to make the right decision. You choose the Haste/Crit option and reforge the Crit to Spirit. That way you get three useful stats as opposed to two useful ones and a wasted one.

The only time Haste is better than spirit is farm content. I've yet to have anyone to die because my holy light was .1 seconds too slow, so that 500 haste is not make or break.
    Again. Whoever said Haste was better than Spirit? Why are you talking like everyone is saying it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Princess View Post
    My guild is going for a slow 12/12. On every combat I hardly go OOM. Every piece of my equip has spirit, and I'm always using judgement. But I like the fact that i can almost never ran OOM. The thing is, will 50-60 spirit help me more than 50-60 haste?
    It would. But that's not the case here. It's Spirit/Mastery vs Haste/Crit. If it were Mastery/Spirit vs Mastery/Haste your choice would be simple.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2011-01-18 at 06:06 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Along with your current stats, the type of player you are should play a role in your decision.

I'd rather get the haste one but I start heroics this week so I just can't. I know I'm gonna drink mana ridiculously. Lets face it, valor Hpally gear has horrid itemization. Do what you can and make sure you're considering your raiding style, the gear you're aiming to get, and your current stats before you decide.

The ring that you have the most fun wearing.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

For most paladin gearing you can look at things simply:

Are you running out of mana in fights? If yes, get a ring with spirit built into it. If no grab something with haste on it. If it has neither haste nor spirit disenchant it.