Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Questing in Mulgore on my first character ever. Another tauren comes up to me and we talk a bit. This was my first MMORPG so I was thrilled about all the other people around me and never hesitated to speak to anyone.

So there we were, just chatting about the game, when all of a sudden two guys on big, shiny horses comes running up to us, SLAUGHTERS the other Tauren in a BRUTAL ASSAULT. I was godsmacked. I just stood there, too scared to move. Then, the guys on the horses laughs (!?) and rides off.

Being the secluded little cow that I am, not even having visited Thunder Bluff yet, I had no idea what just happened. Was it some sort of boss? A quest event? Why did they have yellow name plates? Why did they kill that poor Tauren and left me alive? Maybe they didn't see me?
    Later I learned ofc they were human paladins, having fun killing pvp tagged lowbies in the starting areas. To this day, that is by far one of my best WoW memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was lvling my warlock in STV back on dragonmaw... i saw this undead picking flowers in the roadside.. i killed it.. with fire.. i /lol'd and continued my quests.

It was my first character and I was level 23 and hanging out in Duskwood. I left Darkshire to do a quest and some hunter camped my corpse for about 30 minutes.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

I was level 50ish and was in feralas and a hunter kept killing me, was the first time I ever ran into a horde.

ohhh I have couple of those memories

myr first meeting was when I was playing my NE warrior in darkshore. I was a total newb in the game and my first experience on mmorg. I was doing some quests when I suddenly saw some thing with an red letters above his head + a skull mark and I was attacking a mob and saw this thing and attacked it to and theb boom I was dead. I was like wtf and it made an nasty laughter and then disappeared. I messaged a friend telling him what I saw, which was my first experience with and undead rogue
    Last edited by Gerti; 2011-01-18 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    First character I made was a Night Elf warrior, I logged in and saw a big fat bear in front of me. I left clicked him and missed my hit, BOOM he sent me to the graveyard

i was playing a shammy upon release, walked into stonetalon mountains and a hunter found me and killed me. i never even saw him. i then deleted the shammy and made a rouge which became my main for the next few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the lauch of Vanilla i was reading the booklet that came with the cd's about the classes etc.
    I had chosen to be a Tauren Shaman. This combination seemed the most appealing.

So there i was, a level 4 Moo, walking around in the starting zone, when suddenly the whole place was invaded by Alliance. All way higher in level, but i had no idea about that back then.
    So i started to attack some ppl around me, but got insta gibbed of course. They kept killing npc's and players who ressed for a while.

Got fed up and diced to make another toon. Turned out to be a human warlock that remained my main toon untill totc was introduced =)

10+ Year Old Account
    My first character back in Feb 2005 was an undead mage.

I had played mmo's before and knew of the whole pvp aspect. However, my first couple of weeks I wasn't sure where to go or what to look for. My buddy who had been playing told me to never attack something with ?? for it's level.

One day as I was running to Hillsbrad (didn't think of flightpaths) I was slowly making my way to Tarren Mill. As I ran, with a few blinks mixed in, I saw a status about Tarren Mill being under attack. People in chat were talking about an all-out war going on and they were wanting to attack Southshore. I joined up with them...granted most were in there mid-20s and I'm sitting at like 18-20. Anyways, we run into Southshore and there are allies there and the fight breaks out. I stood in the back just shooting frost bolts. In the heat of the moment I saw this red name with a beast beside him. Not sure who it was, I shot a frostbolt spell......seconds later at the spirit healer, I realized I attacked the flight master.

I can remember it like she wer yesterday. I was off about mind me own bisniss, drinkin' me some Dwarven Ale with me bur. The wind wer pushin' me beard from side n side, and i caught a glimpse of a wolf from over yonder, comin' out of der trees i could see its ugly green skin. That's when i pulled up me rifle and started firin'. He then got off of that wolf der and started runnin' to me, silly of him to try, cause me bear den got up and started maulin' da poor thing. That's when it got real, out o no where atleast 39 more of dem came out, oh boy wer i runnin'! Let's just say, it was a sad day for dwarf hunters everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Burning Crusade's launch, creating my little Blood Knight and picking up the first few quests alongside... four hundred other little Blood Elves. Enter mister Night Elf hunter, level 60 and still decked out in the Grand Marshal's stuff, desperately trying to avoid the level 65 Sunstrider guardians. Many little Blood Elves were killed upon breaking blueshield to hit him, though the fiend was easily disposed of by "Warlord Kra-something", an Orc shaman who came to explore the new Eversong.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was so many years ago, but I'm assuming it went something like I got steamrolled before I knew it was a horde. Probably QQ'd to the friends I had at the time and they came out to protect me.
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: why is never peeple who are smart of the fighting
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: every time raiding
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: people are wheels on chair

(( Manapaws ))

I've just entered Redridge, enjoying taking my first steps into a contested zone. I see the quest giver guard at the first fork and start reading his quest, when suddenly a bunch of light and noise, BAM I'm dead. And then I notice a level ?? japanese-named blood elf paladin jumping around.

Truly a magical moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was this super big noob, and had just gotten my tauren warrior too the crossroads back in september 2006 and.. i saw this ally outside.. (dont remember class tho) i tried killing it, but no luck =P

I had rolled a Human Paladin, and I was in Goldshire, around level 8. I was bad at paying attention to general chat, and I remember looking down and seeing:

"They're coming! Warn Stormwind!"

My heart started to race. I had been to the city once, and it blew my mind. I saw how much HP the guards, and Highlord Bolvar had. The big stone walls, the legions of Level 60s sporting their purple epics from Molten Core. There couldn't be any force strong enough to stand up to that...

Then they came. I saw them. In the lead, a High Warlord Tauren Warrior, sporting a Zin'Rohk. There had of been 120 of them, easy. They roared by on their mounts, with one or two level 20 guards in chase, doing nothing. As fast as I could I followed, and I go to the gates of Stormwind. They weren't there. There were dead guards everywhere, and a couple skeletons. I went inside, and chat was lighting up with "They're in the keep!"

No way could they kill Bolvar... could they? I ran to the keep, my heart still racing, and I got goosebumps. There, surrounded by a pile of dead Orcs, Tauren, Undead and Trolls, with only a few left standing, was Highlord Bolvar, swinging his sword with all his might. But his HP was next to nothing. He fell, and the remaining half dozen of the creatures cheered and danced. Soon after more Alliance showed up to end the threat. I asked in general chat what the hell had just happened, what had just done that, who those people were.

That day, I learned what the Horde was. I rerolled, and never, ever, looked back.

Deleted
    I think i killed a horde shaman lvl 15 or something... i was lvl 20 and on my way to RFK i believe.

I was playing a NE hunter in westfall, and saw an undead warlock and a troll shaman, blood elf hunter, and immediately decided they were way cooler then any human or nightelf. I /dance'd with them and watched them murder many npc and lowbie who flagged themselves. Been horde ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread is cursed it making me want to reroll alliance burn it

I don't remember specifics, but I'm close to 100% sure that it was the time when I got ganked by one of the top lvl alliance players (probably about 35-45 range) when questing in Tarren mill.

Was running in the redridge mountains area - a lock dotted me from afar - I was lvl....20ish? The lock would have been about 50 - took me a while to figure out what happened.

What was funny is that i was like "hey"......dead. I ran back to my body and was like "oi c'mon you're way higher than me". Ya..........forreal.

Not to mention I thought to pvp you had to right click on the player....repeatedly. Spells were for whimps. =p No idea where that came from though.