Using Directx 11 in World of Warcraft

Before you start to read, don't kill me if this has already been posted, I searched and got massive list and I thought it would be better just to go ahead and post this anyway.

So, for people with a Directx 11 graphics card, supposidly, since Cataclysm, we can optimize our ingame fps. Here is a quote:

As it turns out, Cataclysm incorporates experimental support for DirectX 11, and rather than adding anything visually, it's designed to help speed up performance, too.

Of course, if you want to take advantage of DirectX 11, you'll need a DX11-capable card from AMD's Radeon HD 5000/6000 lineup or Nvidia's GeForce GTx 400 series. You can't enable DX11 through a graphical option. Rather, you'll need to add '-d3d11' to your World of Warcraft shortcut. Or, open your config.wtf file (located in ...\World of Warcraft\WTF\) and add the line SET gxApi "d3d11".
    Here is a link to the whole article:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ce,2793-7.html

Hope this helps and improves many peoples fps!

I think the really worthwhile thing to note there is that this actually helps raise your FPS even if you're processor or memory bottlenecked.

I've gotten feedback from some people I play with, and supposidly if you don't play in windowed mode, doing the mentioned "makes your alt-tab act funny". That's atleast what one person said.

I'm interested in seeing if it helps or doesn't help others, so don't be shy to post your experience if you try this.

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 06:20 PM ----------

Just found that this whole thread is covered in one of the contest guide submissions.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tweaks...Guide
    Last edited by d3v; 2011-01-18 at 05:21 PM.