Poll: Do we need more Heroic/hardmode-only bosses?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by talrob View Post
    Hard content is like the premier league or NFL american football league or Formula 1. Not everyone can compete in this top tier league but how many people have been inspired by watching it to do that activity at their own level?

This type of content is that for wow.
    I like this analogy very much, I know I used to get inspired watching SK gaming's Kil'jaden video, and Ensidia's Algalon video.

As a previously semi-hardcore raider(4 nights a week) back in the Sunwell days, I remember how beautiful that instance was, they really spent alot of time and alot of creativity on designing it, then you realize that <5% of the playerbase would get to see it when its in its prime(probably less saw the ENTIRE instance). From a business perspective it doesn't make sense for them to spend so much time on something so few people would see- which is probably a big reason they had the (eventual) WOTLK model of easy modes and hard modes, but some of the later easy modes were a complete joke and probably led alot of people getting bored.

In theory(I say theory because I have not been able to raid much because of RL), I like the model for cata, its a challenge, but I think it is clear that Blizzard wants as many people as possible to see most of the content they work so hard to create(hence 10 and 25 giving the same loot), and thats a good thing imho.

On the poll, I voted "no" because it says no more hardmode only bosses. I think one per level of content is sufficient, and it should be a side boss similar to how Algalon was, where you can still get all achievements(meta included) without it. I think this greys the line between casuals and hardcore raiders and that is a good thing. I like being able to sustain my life outside the game and at least sortof be able to keep up and not be too much liability to my raid group. Also I think in WOTLK I noticed a decrease in elitist raiders, and, well, that cant be bad :P.

Deleted
    just come with more of them, we cant have to many what i meen a hc only boss as really cool to talk something down on normal and you keep trying to get it down on hc and you get it down then there starts a cool event and a really cool and hard boss come running and say "you will neever stop us" or something and then you can use a lot of time of getting that one down. and that will allso do that more ppl would go for that raid insted of only takeing the eacy one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Problem with that is, you get people killing the end boss with 30% extra damage health and healing then comming into raids/randoms/trade chat troll-a-thons flashing their nifty Kingslayer title around. It cheapens your achievement, it cheapens the end boss. That 30% buff made Arthas absolutely laughable.
    I usually try to stay neutral at taunts like this but let me state:
    - I do realize that people earning the kingslayer title with no or 5% buff should be granted a little bit more credits than me who earned it post 4.0.1 (precata) with 30% buff.
    - Arthas with 30% buff is NOT that laughable. It's laughable now, at lvl 85.
    - Players who play in casual (or at least not HC guilds) are valuable and should be given a little bit more respect than u give.

NOT everybody raid every day (didn't say you do too tho), not everybody is in a guild with a well defined roster.

So yes I play with non optimal raid composition. Ok we killed arthas with 3 hunts. Ok we killed him while only 4 of us were still alive, OK we had a 30% buff and some 264 items.

It's just not possible to give everybody a fancy shiny title which depends on THAT MUCH conditions (number of trys, number of times you had to take a pickup guy on trade, number of time we wiped coz sby had a crying kid and so on)

Why paragon or ensidia or <insert here a guild name sponsored by a big brand of computer accessories> with players either having NO life at all OR player who get paid (don't troll here) should be granted more respect ? Ok they are great players, I'm even a bit jealous but srly guys, aaaall the roster had a beta key.
    In my roster, nobody had one..

It "might" (hint: a sarcasm is hidden here) be easier to level up in 2 days and to get access to HC raids in a few days for people who played the game weeks before people who are just casuals. And who have waaaay more time to do fancy things.

So, okay you're a great player, you managed to kill arthas 25 HM 3D in 226 gear without wipe during the lockout with a roster where you don't take shams because sham have been nerfed or whatever and that's great. But stop spitting at casual players face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmozz View Post
    WORST. ARGUMENT. EVER.

I'm paying $14.99 a month but I have to do heroics to get gear for raiding? I have a real life, I can't put in that extra time.
    Everyday I wake up at 6am, run 4 miles, work 9 to 5(ish), Play a couple of games of Uno with the wife, clean the dishes after dinner, give my baby a bath, take out the trash(depending on the day), and I somehow manage to still raid 3 nights a week and in terms of "GS" I'm the top 5 of my class on my server and I'm only 7/12 normal.

Blizzard should never ever just give people something. Put some effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    Once again, turn off the buff if it bothers you that you can perform better.
    The problem is that people will just rely on the buff to just over power a boss instead of learning it. Which doesn't promote learning how to over come the boss. Then we get more threads complaining about newbs in LFD.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-01-21 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skagzilla View Post
    Voting no. HELL no. Facts are facts that we all pay the same amount of $$$ for the same entertainment, and anyone who wants to see everything and wear the best gear they've already payed for should damn well be able to without having to raid 40+ hours a week.

YES, there should be an 'easy mode' setting to raids where anyone can throw a pug together and see all the bosses.

YES, those bosses on the easy mode should drop the same gear regardless. Normal and 'heroic'

NO, people should not be punished for actually having lives and be barred from epics and content.

Don't like it? Too bad, our money talks louder than yours. Turn the easy mode off and it won't concern you.
    Ummm there IS an easy mode?

Get to level 85 and now hop into Ulduar or ICC - there's your easy mode.

And while we're talking "easy" - go easy on the polemic and the outrage and the sense of entitlement, mmmkay?

Chill dude. Might want to untwist something or other.

People need heroes. People want to hear and talk and discuss the great awesome raiding guilds and personalities chasing that elusive world first.

Your money entitles you to quest and hang out in pug bgs and tool around in arena. Anything else you're gonna need some effort and organization for - if not, all the people who DO want to put in that effort and time and organization (who have more free time than "normal" people) find themselves with jack all to do and the game loses it's hamster-on-a-treadmill thing that keeps people addicted.

It's an addictive game and that's part of why it's so successful. You jelly, man?