Thread: vanilla wow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    there were plenty of "bad players" in vanilla, probably more actually because there was no elitist jerks telling you what to do and addon support was much less.
    It was just much easier to hide amongst the crowd and get carried in 40 man raids, looking back i believe i was one of those bad players, i knew nothing about the game but i was raiding mc and coming last on dps meters, having no idea why and loving every minute of it.

Vanilla raiding pretty much consisted of spamming buttons. With 40 people, it wasn't that difficult to down bosses.

The biggest thing I miss about vanilla wow is that classes had their own distinct feel to them.

And frost mages not having 1450339239.34392 ways to keep me off them.

Nor casting on the run.

I also miss Weaponsmithing and Armorsmithing....and miss the epic feeling you got when you got a new plan to make a weapon, and even though it was a lvl58 blue, it was still a very relevant weapon for the most part.

@people saying vanilla wasn't harder and you didn't learn from leveling: Oh yes you did. As a warrior, you learned your limitations pretty quickly on how many mobs you could handle at once, even with a healing potion on hand. You could typically take two of your own level on at once and come out having to eat. Nowadays, instead of fearing said mob of Murlocs, you just run in and lolololkill them all. The degree of difficulty in just killing mobs for questing taught you how to use your abilities to their fullest. This includes going "Oh shit!", turning around, Piercing howling the group of mobs, selecting the closest critter and intercepting it to gtfo. Leveling a Warrior in vanilla, with no substantial amount of gold to keep your gear up-to-date, and a meh guild, was probably the hardest and tedious experience I've ever had in this game.

Before the Defensive stance quest was removed, and you could just train it from the trainer, it wasn't uncommon to see Warriors ding 80 and STILL not have defensive stance. Ridiculous!

This game had indeed become much more easier for players to level their characters to max level, there is no denying this. And because it is easier, more people are reaching level cap without even knowing what over half of their abilities even do. The fact that you can roflstomproll through the old 5 man dungeons doesn't help people learn how to maximize their abilities in dungeons either.

While the new game has conveniences I'd rather it not lose, I do wish this game would be slightly more complicated from the ground up (not just end-game).

Oh! I'll pander to the vanilla hate crowd....I do not miss one thing about vanilla: Looking like a clown in dps plate gear.
    Last edited by rockmannx; 2011-01-18 at 09:09 PM.

Feralia. Yes exact same thing im thinking. As an old world lorenaster. I feel that the quest improvements were for the better.

Deleted
    vanilla was pro because the world pvp . tbc ruined it wotlk ruined it even more and cata is king on that .
    balance issues. solution remove pve. remove old bgs .
    the only good thing of cata are the new bgs + the pixels worldwide
    when ya dinged 60 it was something like OMG GRATZZZZ something ya are proud of ,atm ya can lvl a new char within 10days played max .
    Last edited by mmoc61a4f38abc; 2011-01-18 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zucht View Post
    vanilla was pro because the world pvp . tbc ruined it wotlk ruined it even more and cata is king on that .
    balance issues. solution remove pve. remove old bgs .
    the only good thing of cata are the new bgs + the pixels worldwide
    While I enjoy the old bgs. I feel as if they should make the bgs in the actual zone. Like an ongoing arathi

The only thing I don't like now is the speed of leveling. Not that it was a good thing, but when I started it was an accomplishment to complete one or two levels in one night, and it meant more to me. Now though, I end up skipping so much because we level out of zones so fast.

I also don't like all the methods of getting XP now, particularly gathering and BG's. First, XP doesn't belong in BG's, and it makes players join who don't care about the game, but just want to afk. And with gathering, I ran into a problem in Cata when I leveled to 85 only doing archeology. Now I have an 85 with level 80 gear! LOL

It's just annoying that you can almost do nothing and level now-a-days.

Thought the same thing the other day, I think the game's just too easy now. Any time you need to kill an elite now, you just hop in a vehicle, or shrink it, no challenge

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss some parts of Vanilla but certainly not the old flight-path paradigm, where you had to do each step along the way manually (no connected flightpaths ).

I do think if the grind to max level was harder and still as epic as it felt at 60, skill levels would be higher. Blizz would also have a lot less subscribers though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Have to agree with this, I don´t get why everyone is missing Vanilla.

It was good obviously or there wouldn´t be this many subscribers, but come on, even tho there are currently unbalances, Vanilla was quite horrible compared to Cataclysm.
    this a thousand times this. vanilla was terrible. sure it had alot of great stuff or else WoW wouldnt still be around but overall vanilla was a mess. with each expansion the game has gotten better in some way. its not perfect. it never will be but this game has come a long way from vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Dear Vanilla, I miss your...
    Your...

Your...
    Your swirly ball.

That's about it.
    Agree! The good times just jumping around and spamming my swirly ball.
    It's the only thing I miss. :<
    Hi

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yet another post from someone complaining about how much better things used to be. You sound like my grandpa. "Kids these days. When I was a boy we used to walk to school uphill in the snow both ways!!!!"

I eagerly await your next post titled "GET OFF MAH LAWN!!!!!"