Poll: Do you have healers cc?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    This pretty much distills the attitude that I'm confused about.

In my mind, it's dumb to use not reliable CC unless you have to. If the tank is being hit by three mobs instead of two and I can still end the fight with almost full mana, what's the point? All my attempts to CC do is split my attention, eat up cast time + GCD and get me at the top of the threat list of a mob. Plus, in a way it's faster because that mob will be taking splash damage instead of being CCed so should be killed faster.

I'm seeing a lot of blanket attitudes towards CC and I know not using ANY CC has been a huge issue for a lot of groups, but it seems like there should be some sort of middle ground in this regard, no?

And before I give a totally wrong impression, I do CC if asked. But I just hate it and it usually ends up with the tank having to pick up the mob anyway because the CC breaks so often or is resisted that the mob creeps into the group before it should be there.

It's so much easier to CC when I'm balance...maybe the contrast is what makes me hate it so much.

What? That doesn't even make sense. Why would I HoT someone whenever I can if they don't need it? Why would I apply CC to a target if it's not needed? Can you please explain why I would do it whenever I can?
    I found your problem. You think Entangling Roots is CC. It's not.

Hibernate is, but only on Beauty. Everywhere else it's moot.

Also, he means on the tank. You apply HoT's on the tank pretty much whenever you can.

Off topic here: am I the only one here who is infuriated whenever someone refers to a heroic 5 man as "HC"? The point of an abbreviation is to save time when writing things down. Why would you make an abbreviation longer than it should be? H
    Rahjj (Human Paladin) Zul'Jin US

Last name: Ever. First name: Worst.

I always use turn evil if I can (depends ofc, since it runs away and might pull others) and stun as holy paladin. Group taking less damage = better.

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 09:50 PM ----------

Entangle is CC. Crowd Control = Controling the mobs, and you do control a melee mob with entangling roots.

IMO a CC that can break itself is not a CC. Agree to disagree.
    Rahjj (Human Paladin) Zul'Jin US

Last name: Ever. First name: Worst.

I'm a Shaman and I Hex and Bind Elemental every opportunity I can. If we have the CC available through DPS classes then I don't. They are usually hit capped so they won't miss and wont have to deal with heartbeat resists. In the middle of fights I usually tab over to CCed mobs and if one is about to break I will throw my own CC onto them, just to be safe. What I do is wait for one of the DPS to start casting their CC and will cast mine when their hands start to glow. That way all CC is applied at roughly the same time.

If you miss, you miss. That mob then becomes the tanks responsibility. Hex has a long cooldown and there is no reason to glyph it. If you get a heartbeat resist and the mob comes after you take it to the tank to make picking it up easier.

A good tank will be prepared for the possibility of CC failing. I always keep an eye on the CCed mobs, and if one of them breaks out and starts heading for the ranged, I'll just taunt it and get ready to pop a cooldown if I need it. If the CCer manages to catch it and re-CC before it reaches me, that's fine. Otherwise, I'm just going to tank it.
    Some tanks are in this mindset that they can't do anything about CC that breaks because if they interfere, it might mess up a re-CC attempt. But it's really not a big deal. Taunt it, and if it gets to you before they re-CC, you did the right thing (because the alternative would be it getting to someone else before the CC).

Deleted
    Yes, healers should cc. Beauty comes to mind, rarely there are 3 dps with ccs and if you got a resto druid or shammy they can easily keep one of the small dogs cced. I CC both as DPS and Healer ofc, it's not that hard to throw up a new hex after ~50 sec.

Deleted
    I always CC as a healer, I think of it in the way that if I don't CC then thats one more mob doing damage to the tank.

I'm a resto druid and I cc all the time.

Melee only mobs are so easy with instant cast entangle roots, and I am always happy to hibernate when possible.

As Maerran just said: It's great being a resto druid for Beauty. I have ccd two different mobs at the same time while healing (and that is fun).

For me, it's all about minimizing damage.

Holy paladins have no cc. hurr.

As a resto shaman I always bind or hex.
    Yes it sometimes breaks after 10 seconds, but that's 10 seconds of mobs not pounding on the tank.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

On my Druid and Shaman healer I will often CC a mob, then run out of line of sight and let the tank collect the rest. If a tank can't do that, it isn't really worth my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest healing ===> Mind Control adds that heal!

This, especially the adepts on vortex pinnacle, which i will use to cast their big heal on the tank, then cause to lemming himself off into the abyss. If we are not out of range when he finally respawn/resets, rinse repeat. Useful exploit of mob abilities combined with endless comic relief!

I as the tank usually assign people. I try not to force any healers to keep an eye out for a mob constantly as they got enough on their plate already and a break while the tank is low can be deadly to them.

That being said sometimes I ask them to cast a single cc at the beginning of the fight and break it myself after ~20-30secs and start tanking it so they never have to worry about recasting it.

I don't see the problem having healers cast cc but I make it my number one prio to take that as the first target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volksworgen View Post
    As a shaman healer I love using my Hex and Bind Elemental spells. Adds something interesting into the mix!
    Exactly this, i use my CC skills whenever i can.