Poll: What do u think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

is blood valid for PVP

before i start i will say is this is my secondary spec between frost and blood... my main spec will be unholy for all pvp...(though if possible i could give up unholy for both frost and blood but very unlikely)

the thing is i played both frost and blood.. and i really cant decide which too pick... im currently lv 71 doing mainly bgs... frost has the really big crits fast paced action but dies the fastest for me... (hopely will change when DS buff comes...)

on the other hand blood has very good surv and will only get better once bloodshield starts stacking...

now im asking u guys if u could answer like this

duels - blah
    bgs - blah
    areans - blah

then give your opinion here....

10+ Year Old Account
    Play what you like. Better yet, get to 85 and then decide what you like.

thats the thing... i cant decide and ive already spent 200g on respecs

what i should put in bold next time...

im asking for YOUR opinion then i can judge on the facts and statements people give me

I have tried blood, at 68-71, and I found that it was not as great against anyone. I would suggest getting a tank spec as an off spec just to help replace gear if needed, and perfect your skills at unholy. If you are not getting 1st each BG in both killing blows and damage than you need to work at it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion is that you can't really tell how either spec really is at 71. Just focus on leveling and then decide at 85 when you have access to all talent points and abilities. Not to mention that they are totally changing up blood.

If you simply can't wait, flip a coin. It will be about as valid as any response that you get here.

i guess ill decide after changes

I used my tank blood spec for PvP all the way up to 85. It actually works fairly well if you have decent gear in bg's, at least until 85. The damage and self healing really isn't that bad.

I would say frost is a better overall choice for PvP compared to blood but you are right, they die quick pre-85.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    thats the thing... i cant decide and ive already spent 200g on respecs

what i should put in bold next time...

im asking for YOUR opinion then i can judge on the facts and statements people give me
    If you are level 71 and doing BGs, what is best now could have changed multiple times before you reach 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-85 atm, I'm enjoying the absolute hell out of blood. One on one with an opponent of roughly equal level, your nigh un-killable. Even paladins have a rough time taking me out, and they seem to be about the only class that I don't shred right through. Maybe the opposing faction on my battle group sucks though.

I would suggest blood. You'll really see the benefits on a BGs holiday weekend. I did around 30-35 AVs this past weekend, and that took me from 61 all the way to 67, almost 68.

Do you know that blood is the tank spec for DKs?

I have had a lot of fun in both arenas and bgs as blood. But my main spec is blood for pve so maybe I am biased towards it. There is a lot of joy to be had running around in circles death striking ret pally war teams and laughing when they can't take down your 10k bloodshield cuz you have 2k resil haha. But casters will tear off your head and shit down your neck like you were a mob for a daily quest

I'm Unholy for dps and Blood for tanking. I spend 80% of my time in Tanking spec/gear just to do my dailies or solo stuff. Blood has no downtime, at all, and as my gear started to improve I found myself to be nigh immortal.

Then I did my first Tol Barad with my DK. I tried running around in Unholy, but I died WAY too fast to make any lasting impressions on the battlefield. After getting splattered on the floor about 7 times, I switched to Blood to try it out, and I've never gone back. I live forever. I can kill anyone I want. I don't need a dedicated healer. I do decent damage. It's amazing. I'm not a PvPer by any stretch, but I can't imagine PvPing as anything but Blood. It's just too good.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    I'm Unholy for dps and Blood for tanking. I spend 80% of my time in Tanking spec/gear just to do my dailies or solo stuff. Blood has no downtime, at all, and as my gear started to improve I found myself to be nigh immortal.

Then I did my first Tol Barad with my DK. I tried running around in Unholy, but I died WAY too fast to make any lasting impressions on the battlefield. After getting splattered on the floor about 7 times, I switched to Blood to try it out, and I've never gone back. I live forever. I can kill anyone I want. I don't need a dedicated healer. I do decent damage. It's amazing. I'm not a PvPer by any stretch, but I can't imagine PvPing as anything but Blood. It's just too good.
    Blood is good for anything where people aren't necessarily going to be trying to kite you or anything. It's so easy to kite a blood DK (which is why it's not really viable in arena) but in something where there are like 50-60 people there like TB it really doesn't matter.

Blood makes a good 1v1 melee fighter, flag defender, flag carrier, harraser

Not so good at: 1v1 caster fighter, cc/control (very bad at this), damaging opposing flag carriers.

Assuming you keep UH for your srs bsns PvP build, I rather enjoy the Obliterates and other various crits that come with Frost. Then again, I'm also of the opinion that anyone who pvps as a tank spec in this game deserves a kick in the balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.