Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Damn... The people on Mpog were really hating on this game. I think I'll skip on it. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    What fantasy MMO isn't trying to ripoff WoW, nowadays?
    Final Fantasy XIV isn't ANYTHING like WoW. ... and yeah. Look how THAT turned out.

I'd take an exciting, fun and slightly familiar title over a completely original, "creative" and bland game any day.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    Like?

...and don't say They stole Paladins name, and Orcs, all taken from D&D or something stupid like that. I realize everyone takes a little of something from the older MMO's but nothing like what this game does.
    Well I could think of one off the top of my head. Actually that's a lie, I can think of many. This one is just right at the top because I watched a video a few seconds ago.

GW2, the announcement of a great dragon being awoken and breaking the world. Ripping up the landscape, and changing it. This was in 2007 by the way. The whole undead dragon that you currently know as deathwing was shown well before the announcement of cataclysm. Most of the story line was "borrowed" as well. You like the worgen, well meet the Charr

Anyway, do I think they are wrong. No, games borrow ideas. That's why it's good for games to have competition. When competition comes up, it forces a company to improve. In this case WoW has already improved quite a bit. I hate it when I see fanboys get all worked up and hope another game fails. You should hope it does well, it will only mean your game gets better.

edit:
    To be clear I'm not even saying those ideas are original for GW2. They aren't, at least not entirely. Game companies borrow from each others. The creates problems. Like with The Old Republic, they've stopped releasing stuff partially because of that reason.
    Last edited by unkn0wnerr0r; 2011-01-19 at 03:10 AM.