Is there a daily cap for guild rep?

I have done all my dailies for today (25), and I tried to do a guild 5man run (with 3 other guildies). During said run, I was unable to gain any guild rep. There is no way in hell that I have hit the cap for the week, as I haven't even broken 2k yet for the week, and my guild is level 12. Is there some sort of daily cap for guild rep?

Yes there is a cap, but from what I can tell there is no way to see how close you are to cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    that might explain a lot >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, its roughly 3500 a week i have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Straw Hat View Post
    I have done all my dailies for today (25), and I tried to do a guild 5man run (with 3 other guildies). During said run, I was unable to gain any guild rep. There is no way in hell that I have hit the cap for the week, as I haven't even broken 2k yet for the week, and my guild is level 12. Is there some sort of daily cap for guild rep?
    A cap, both daily and weekly was initiated about a week after release of Cata. It was posted in the Blues. There actually is a way to see what your cap is by looking in the Guild window and holding your cursor over the bar at the top of the window where it shows how far you still have to go to reach the next level. I personally, find it a bit confusing, but it does show the caps, and might help with what you are looking for.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Factionizer addon shows it too.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvymir View Post
    Yes, its roughly 3500 a week i have heard.
    I usually find it's in the region of 4-5k a week

I noticed this last week, but before that i could do 3.5k in one day (weekly cap). So this is something they hotfixed

Quote Originally Posted by Fixati0n View Post
    I usually find it's in the region of 4-5k a week
    Would like to see some proof from that, i atleast cant go above 3.5k
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyncent View Post
    A cap, both daily and weekly was initiated about a week after release of Cata. It was posted in the Blues. There actually is a way to see what your cap is by looking in the Guild window and holding your cursor over the bar at the top of the window where it shows how far you still have to go to reach the next level. I personally, find it a bit confusing, but it does show the caps, and might help with what you are looking for.
    Err I believe that is guild exp, not guild rep. I havent actually looked at the guild rep bar to see if it shows caps, but the one on top is your guild exp.

Your cap is seems to be affected by your race. My wife plays a NE druid and I play a Human pally and I am always able to go farther than her even though we generally play together. I would say I can get about 1-1.5k rep ahead of her each week.