Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

The wow community is horrible.

Everybody on the game are so horrible to each other. Somebody makes a mistake and you get shit storm of abuse be it fail dps fail tank or fail healer.

Instead of helping people players much rather give them a shit loads of abuse. The community goes down every day. You can even see it on these forums as people insult each other instead of having a proper conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Everybody on the game are so horrible to each other. Somebody makes a mistake and you get shit storm of abuse be it fail dps fail tank or fail healer.

Instead of helping people players much rather give them a shit loads of abuse. The community goes down every day. You can even see it on these forums as people insult each other instead of having a proper conversation.
    I strongly agree with this thread. Lets face it, the WoW community is made up with 75% mean, rude, and careless people that if they don't get their way, they turn everything on you. I also find that people in the WoW community like to always feel like like this about everything... "I'm right, your wrong, so STFU." This is one of the main problems with this game, it really is. Now nobody judge me on this about me being a "noob" or one of them because I've played for about 5 1/2 years now, and this problem is only getting WORSE.
    Last edited by bpl0807; 2011-01-18 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Details
    If it's red, it's dead, so therefore please save yourself the trouble of trying to run.

I'm a dick on the forums but super nice in game

That because wow has pandered to the elitists. What are the elitists standard answer now to all the crap you ask!!

Join a Guild, hahaha

Deleted

Nature of mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by bpl0807 View Post
    I strongly agree with this thread. Lets face it, the WoW community is made up with 75% mean, rude, and careless people that if they don't get their way, they turn everything on you. I also find that people in the WoW community like to always feel like like this about everything... "I'm right, your wrong, so STFU." This is one of the main problems with this game, it really is. Now nobody judge me on this about me being a "noob" or one of them because I've played for about 5 1/2 years now, and this problem is only getting WORSE.
    There's a lot of rude people IRL too, and just as in real life you can stand up to the bullies or hide in the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bpl0807 View Post
    This is one of the main problems with this game, it really is.
    Well, buddy. It is an MMO :/

Thing is people think that they can do it because they pay for the damn game, and that they're anonymous. If they were given a glimpse of the person behind it - even if it's a "geek", then I bet you they would not want the same turned back on them.
    Just because you pay for it doesn't mean ToS or EULA doesn't count towards you, you're not special, you're one of 12million, shut up, get over it, and make sure your parents take proper care of you because if you're gonna be so spoiled and nerdragey to other people, then Science help you when you're older kid.

Message to the world, folks. Copy and paste it for World..
    Wait...
    Message to the world of Warcraft, folks. Copy and paste it for World of Warcraft domination!

- H

It's not just here, it's the internet in general. Maybe it's a bit worse here, but yeah, not exclusive at all.

I have a dick, therefore I am a dick.

I'm gonna let you in a secret...

All communities are horrible. Do you know why this is? It's because people are horrible, and these horrible communities are comprised of these horrible people. There's no way around it.

Deleted
    Totally agree, just full of sad liitle people who live with their mom taking their anger out on random people /sigh

Did you know, I hadn't noticed until you posted this to tell me about it!

Yeah, the worst thing about every person in the WoW community is the sweeping generalizations they make about every other person in the WoW community, in my opinion.

If you have however many million people in a community the vocal minority ends up pretty big as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Setesh View Post
    Well, buddy. It is an MMO :/

Thing is people think that they can do it because they pay for the damn game, and that they're anonymous. If they were given a glimpse of the person behind it - even if it's a "geek", then I bet you they would not want the same turned back on them.
    Just because you pay for it doesn't mean ToS or EULA doesn't count towards you, you're not special, you're one of 12million, shut up, get over it, and make sure your parents take proper care of you because if you're gonna be so spoiled and nerdragey to other people, then Science help you when you're older kid.

Message to the world, folks. Copy and paste it for World..
    Wait...
    Message to the world of Warcraft, folks. Copy and paste it for World of Warcraft domination!

- H
    Wow? your the kind of horrible person the op is describing, My advice : Grow up

The problem is, with so many players, World of Warcraft's BOUND to get a lot of morons and assholes. I won't lie - you're right, the World of Warcraft community IS terrible. Luckily, I've been in a fantastic guild for quite some time now, even though I've gone casual, personally, and much of the rest of the guild is working strongly towards progression, and having such a close knit group of people to play with allows one to basically completely ignore the rest of the community, for the most part. The best you can do is try not to perpetuate how horribly the community acts.

10+ Year Old Account
    This expands beyond WoW and fits for a majority of things on the internet.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I used to be all nice and loving, but then I discovered how fun harassing and trolling is, and I reached darkness.

In a guild I'm still nice though, I'm mainly talking forums and getting whispers like "hey wna jone mi gild???"

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elitists would not suck as players. LOL
    Joking, I agree people are mean.

I always help players that need it. I've noticed a trend though, less people are actually taking the time to learn their classes. You have had 85 levels to figure it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharQueDo View Post

Nature of mankind.
    This. If WoW was played in an arcade, you would see people being a lot nicer. Guarantee it!
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

i have to strongly disagree. 90% of the people i play wow with are very nice persons. i know many of them for years now. a lot of them even became friends. wow has a damn great community!

maybe you confused "anonymity" with "community"?

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    This. If WoW was played in an arcade, you would see people being a lot nicer. Guarantee it!
    probably not gonna happen. why should they be nicer? are you one of those bullies that believes if he threatens the well-being of people, they are nice to him? intimidation does NOT work in real life for reasons.. it's anti social. you can't socialize people by being anti-social yourself. maybe it's just a weird dream of the internet generation.
    Last edited by brirrspliff; 2011-01-18 at 10:20 PM.