10+ Year Old Account

The game : Rift like it?

So, after seeing a couple gameplay videos of the mmo-rpg, Rift, it looks as if its graphics are much better than WoWs. Yes, there seem to be lots of knock offs from WoW (although some basic fantasy playing elements are universal), but I'm okay with it. The idea of fighting rifts as the main goal where giant monsters come out is kinda refreshing from heroic grind grind grind until raids. And yes, I do realize neither Rift nor any other future mmo-rpg within the next 2 years have a chance of beating out WoW with its millions of worldwide supporters, but I just want to know the peoples' opinions about it, whether you've played it or not. But please no comments from those who haven't even taken more than a glance at it.

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 10:22 PM ----------

bumps for mmos..
    "If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams." - Yann Martel

Looks like it has some potential, some of their ideas are awesome. I like the promise of a more dynamic world. I wouldn't say their graphics are better looking than WoW, necessarily. It looks amazing but some of the shapes and proportions bother me.
    Right now I have the most faith in GW2 as the next solid MMO, though I think the biggest thing to threaten WoW's numbers in the next few years will be Diablo 3.

End Game is pretty terrible in Rift from what I have seen on official forums, 10 and 20 man raids only with same loot... and crappy heroic versions of dungeons just like wow, so yea its another clone, 3-6 months shelf life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    End Game is pretty terrible in Rift from what I have seen on official forums, 10 and 20 man raids only with same loot... and crappy heroic versions of dungeons just like wow, so yea its another clone, 3-6 months shelf life.
    I heard end game was spectacular :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Moving to Video Games forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing; already tons of Rift threads.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right