Final check before I buy my new PC.

Would like for you all to look at my list of parts and see how this build sounds before I finalize this purchase.

· Intel I-5 2500K Processor
    · 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    · GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD Motherboard
    · EVGA GTX 460 768MB DVI-I, HDMI
    · 1TB WD Caviar Black SATA Hard Drive
    · SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W
    · Lite-On 24X DVD-RW
    · Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    · Windows 7 Home Premium

The only game I play is WoW and will probably play Diablo 3 when it comes out. Otherwise it will just be for regular internet use.

Thanks in advance, hoping to order this tomorrow. Can't wait to get rid of my almost 6 yr old dinosaur, lol.

Zizix

Are you from the US? buying from newegg if so?

It's a pretty solid build, it will serve you well. Good choice of power supply as well.

Edit: A 1 GB version of the GTX 460 would be a bit better if you can spare the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD Motherboard
    UD-what? UD3, UD5? UD7? Massive differences there in prices.
    Overall I wouldn't recommend a Gigabyte board for the P67 lineup. No GUI-based BIOS makes me a sad panda. However if you're already fluent with Gigabyte's BIOS then definitely go with them, awesome manufacturer nevertheless.
    Asus, MSI and even Intel have jumped onto the GUI-Bios bandwagon (makes overclocking + fine-tuning piece of cake) and Asus have probably done the best job of it.

I recommend Asus P8P67-LE (cheapest), P8P67 (e-sata, slightly better overclocking) or P8P67 PRO (for crossfire/SLI).

Edit: A 1 GB version of the GTX 460 would be a bit better if you can spare the money.
    WoW and Diablo lol, 768mb will smoke both games while giving a better bang-for-your-buck.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-01-19 at 12:17 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Are you from the US? buying from newegg if so?
    I am from the US, buying it through a friend who works at a computer store that does custom builds. The build is for "him" so getting all the parts at their cost. =P

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Overall I wouldn't recommend a Gigabyte board for the P67 lineup. No GUI-based BIOS makes me a sad panda. However if you're already fluent with Gigabyte's BIOS then definitely go with them, awesome manufacturer nevertheless.
    Asus, MSI and even Intel have jumped onto the GUI-Bios bandwagon (makes overclocking + fine-tuning piece of cake) and Asus have probably done the best job of it.

I recommend Asus P8P67-LE (cheapest), P8P67 (e-sata, slightly better overclocking) or P8P67 PRO (for crossfire/SLI).

WoW and Diablo lol, 768mb will smoke both games while giving a better bang-for-your-buck.
    newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128463&cm_re=ud4-_-13-128-463-_-Product

That is the motherboard that was suggested in another thread a couple days ago.

Also I am pretty computer illiterate so I know nothing about BIOS, =P they are going to do all that when they put it together and if anything needs done after wards my friend will handle it.
    Last edited by Zizix; 2011-01-19 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's not a "gui-based bios". Those boards that you're mentioning, don't even use BIOS. It's a process called UEFI, a completely different way of handling a computer startup than BIOS.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then leave it up to your friend to know what he's doing >_>
    UD4 is a crossfire/SLI model, i5 2500k is aimed at overclockers, but no point telling you this since your friend will be taking care of it (right?).

It's not a "gui-based bios". Those boards that you're mentioning, don't even use BIOS. It's a process called UEFI, a completely different way of handling a computer startup than BIOS.
    I'm aware of that, I just say GUI-Bios because for the average person it will make more sense than "UEFI". It's a replacement for the BIOS after all :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The build looks great, awesome choice of the best of the best brands

Here's just some recommendations I thought of if you were looking to save a bit of money:

- Replace Antec 900 for Coolermaster Haf 912/Coolermaster 690 advanced (if he doesn't mind the looks)
    - Replace the WD drive with a Samsung F3 SpinPoint 1TB
    - Try to get those new "G.Skill RipjawsX" RAM (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231427)
    - Get 1GB GTX 460 if he plays on larger monitors, since the lil extra VRAM will help a bit

Other than that, it's good to go

Well just for reference about the 1GB GTX 460; For me WoW takes up like 521mb's at 1920x1080 in Ultra, so I doubt he would need more than that.

But you never know.
    CPU - i7-950 @ 4.1ghz
    GPU - GTX 470 @ 880/1760/2100
    Storage - 2x Crucial C300 64GB SSD Raid 0 / 1x WD CB 1TB / 2x WD CB 640GB
    Memory - 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
    PSU - 1000W Coolermaster Silent Pro
    Case - Coolermaster HAF X
    CPU Water Block - EK Supreme Nickel/Plexi CPU Water Block
    GPU Water Block - EK GTX 470 Nickel/Plexi GPU Water Block