Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I didn't even know Shameless was a British product. I will have to check that out.

If you set your own biases aside however, William H. Macy as Frank Gallagher has been pretty entertaining thus far. Not sure how I feel about the show as a whole yet, but he is a world class actor.

For some reason he seems right at home playing a drunk on the notoriously trashy south-side of Chicago.

Saw the ad for skins on MTV a couple days ago, at first i was like woo skins, wait there american, wtf

Skins is kind of stupid tbh... I watched the british version of both shows before and I honestly think Shameless is far better in the American version mostly because William H Macey is an amazing actor and fits the role great.

However the shows aren't just "American Copies".. The people that own the rights to them wanted them to be redone for America cause it's a potential cash cow..

Biggest failure conversion from UK to American TV though?... Top Gear USA... BIGGEST (and most unfunny) JOKE EVER

I just saw a little debate of Skins on CNN. Really? Parents are concerned about this show and point fingers to MTV for being too controversial?
    What I saw of small videoclips of the American version (at CNN) I see it's something that happens a lot in real life. I can't believe there's still an overprotective community/culture out there that tries to hide everything for their kids which involves sex and adolescent problems.
    Are those parents affraid of the real life?

Deleted
    Cauz most americans need subs to understand a northen english accent....

Also cause that way they get to keep the money for themselves instead of paying the brits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post

Also cause that way they get to keep the money for themselves instead of paying the brits
    I know a scouser that went to America and they thought he was speaking a different language

Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post

The Brits brought it over here for THEM to make money