Deleted

Alchi Stone no longer disenchantable

I just logged on my Alchi+Ench twink and after as usually buying a lot of herbs and volatile life from the auction house, i just got the message "Item cannot be disenchanted". Shouldn't there had to be just an announce or something - this is a huge hotfix. Now the crystal prices will really raise up high...

maelstrom crystals now only the property of raiders that don't need epics... wonderful hotfix...

This was never supposed to be able to occur in the first place. It was an over sight and blizzard most like thought "Who would actually DE one of these?" Since people decided to exploit this they make it unable to be disenchanted.
    "Gauging the health of a game by reading its forums is akin to gauging the health of a community by visiting its hospitals." - Ghostcrawler quoting someone else.

The Hot fix Notes are on the main page and it is listed, therefore this thread is useless

It wont raise up THAT high.

Each week adds to the gear being disenchanted, especially for 10 man guilds. My guild has already sold 25+ Maelstroms from disenchanted gear alone.

There's also a very small population of people who are both Alchemy/Enchanting, it's not exactly the most popular combo.

There may be an initial spike because of people panicking, but in the long run it's not going to affect things much.

I was lucky enough to pick up a couple off the AH for 1k before someone bought em all, threw em back on for 3k each.

We'll see what happens :>

Price will rise for 1 week as opportunists try to raise price. Then it will just go back to normal, albeit maybe 200 higher, due to nobody buying.

Deleted
    As already stated before, it actually was announced via a hotfixes blue post. Unless you expected an in-game mail from Mr. Blizz the complaint is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by QQmoore View Post
    maelstrom crystals now only the property of raiders that don't need epics... wonderful hotfix...
    because top-end enchants are totally needed for heroics or what-not. I can see where it would suck being a pvp'er but from the general consensus people who complain about this stuff aren't even the ones doing end game content.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

stop replying to this thread. there are two other threads about this change on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    because top-end enchants are totally needed for heroics or what-not. I can see where it would suck being a pvp'er but from the general consensus people who complain about this stuff aren't even the ones doing end game content.
    General consensus? Lol... ok buddy. PvP is end game content, and should be afforded all the same access to enchants as wiping your way through a raid. I did hear that certain materials will be made available through Honor to keep the pvp system balanced with materials; Im hoping Maelstroms will be part of that

General consensus? Lol... ok buddy. PvP is end game content, and should be afforded all the same access to enchants as wiping your way through a raid. I did hear that certain materials will be made available through Honor to keep the pvp system balanced with materials; Im hoping Maelstroms will be part of that
    your name suites you, sir.

this was a bug. it is now FIXED. whether you realize that or not, no one cares. so get over it.

why are people crying over this? you had a good month of getting a 600g profit from disenchanting a no CD cheap to craft epic.
    Try being engineering and had your only sellable epic removed/ fixed in the first 2 weeks. and the only thing you earn gold as an engineer is a lousy 10g profit if you buy mats and resell them Volatile Air > the thing we craft. We also got a 60stam + 60stat feast which sells with a lousy 5g profit, and it sells so little because it's a 60/60 stat foodbuff where as cooking makes 90/90 already.

umm... yeah... there are numerous posts on the official forums of people who say quotes close to "I don't raid or PVP but I should be able to obtain the same gear and enchants"

Like I said, i understand it for PVP, and yes I hope they add a way to get them easier for pvpers, but outside of raid and pvp this isn't an important issue.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Anyone who did not see this coming and is actually trying to QQ about it deserves to have their account log audited, and every single gold piece they made DE'ing stones deleted.

I mean, honestly. They cost next to nothing to make compared to every other crafted epic. Require no tradeskill cooldowns, and could be made as fast as you could de them provided you had enough mats.

That was clearly unintended, and should have been fixed a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    The Hot fix Notes are on the main page and it is listed, therefore this thread is useless
    Quote Originally Posted by crapapelada View Post
    As already stated before, it actually was announced via a hotfixes blue post. Unless you expected an in-game mail from Mr. Blizz the complaint is pointless.
    Except that this thread was created 10 hours before the notes were on the main page so it wasn't useless back then. Gotta read more carefully before posting...

And yeah Crystals on my realm were at 800g in the auction house prior to the hotfix now they are at 4000g. So it definitely had a major impact.
    Last edited by mmoc85736e9647; 2011-01-19 at 04:31 PM.

Yesterday they were about 1.2k

Today they are 3k

That sucks, I was making a lot of gold.
    Thanks Blizz.....

There's already a thread about this (more than 1 actually). So I'm actually just going to send you guys here and close this one.