Thread: our heals...

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs up our heals...

why are our heals so weak compared to paladins?

hardly seems fair when the mana costs are the same, is there a reason for this?

Shamans?
    Healing Surge = 5605 - 6403
    Healing Wave = 2803 - 3201
    Greater Healing Wave = 7473 - 8537

Paladins
    Flash of Light = 6907 - 7749
    Holy Light = 4167 - 4637
    Divine Light = 11100 - 12366

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that a shaman's coefficients are better.

If only that were true monte.

Deleted
    Because you can't directly compare the 2, paladins are still mainly tankhealers, whereas shamans are yet more raidhealers, and your heals have a stronger hot effect from earthliving, while also having healing stream totem which heals for a lot depending on the fight.

Shaman healing is, as opposed to what many people are claiming, pretty good at the moment. You just have to know how to use your full toolset, aka who and when to riptide and how to use healing rain. And learn to use unleash elements at cooldown, because it helps your healing a lot.
    Sure, you won't be topping the meters, but you will do your job as fine as any other healer, while bringing quite a bit of utility.

We're where we should be. It's the other healers who need to get on our level.

Or what Voidmaster said. Different mechanics make up for your base healing values.

The only people who think shaman heals are fine are the ones who only run heroics or the one rollin' with crappy Priests, Paladins, and Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBMW View Post
    The only people who think shaman heals are fine are the ones who only run heroics or the one rollin' with crappy Priests, Paladins, and Druids.
    Exacltly. Most people don't understand that some of the 10 man hardmodes are almost impossible without one or more holy pallies.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenclass View Post
    Exacltly. Most people don't understand that some of the 10 man hardmodes are almost impossible without one or more holy pallies.
    Yet I'd be willing to bet a lot of top guilds stick a resto shammy or two or three in for Mana Tide totem + Healing Rain + Chain Heal. You guys are arguably one of the strongest raid healers with good utility.

I know which class I would rather play and its not the paladin, life's not fair build a bridge, making all the classes equal has made the game duller in a lot of ways, less defined class roles now all the classes over lap each other with buffs and abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBMW View Post
    Halfus hardmode with shaman healers/

V&T Hardmode with shaman healers

Chimaeron hardmode with shaman healers

Etc....

Just that you can't do it doesn't mean noone can.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    They topped the meters with just healing rain and chain heal. You can't do that in 10 mans, so we still have right to complain about our low single target heals.

Deleted
    They topped the meters with just healing rain and chain heal. You can't do that in 10 mans, so we still have right to complain about our low single target heals.
    Is it really that hard to look something up for yourself? Geez...

Of the limited data there is (not that many 10man hardmodes have actually been downed), quite a lot of them have shaman healers in them.

For example:

OMD10 Heroic:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ration_Shaman/

Chimaeron10 heroic:

Halfus10 heroic:

Single target heals aren't everything. Just sayin'. I'd like a spammable AoE heal as a paladin. Honestly, do you think you're supposed to be tank healing? Healing Wave is good enough for topping off people.

Cant compare the two of them. Where do you mean? Specific Scenario? Mana regeneration wise? How the two class's scale with gear/stats? With what healer setup? In dungeons? In raids? In pvp?
    Come on If your gonna QQ please do it better... And by the way, use unleash weapon with earthliving on when you can, then your heals will be bigger too. We have also got healing stream totem, which is heavily underestimated by many. Not to talk about all the other nice stuff we got in cataclysm for healing.
    Well anyways, I assume your comparison is in a raid environment.
    Im healing a lot in guildruns at the moment (offspec, dunno why...), and even though my gear is reforged/gemmed/enchanted/set up for elemental pve dps (lots of haste and intellect, more haste and a bit more haste) except for my trinkets which i switch between, im still doing top healing over the other healers on several bosses (they are very good and experienced healers). When you learn the encounters you will see that theres more than the eye sees first, when healing as a resto shaman.
    As soon as you get to know the fights, know when to put that rain or pump that unleashed greater healing wave on the tank after the huge damage hit, when you know exactly when to pump a lightning ball to get some mana back from TC talent to be able to heal more, when to just spam your healing wave, when to sneak in that chain heal when the raid it gathered up, when to switch your earth shield target to the tank who is taking the most damage, know when to pop your pot/trinket/manatide the first time (and the second.. lol), and so on, then you will be on par with everyone else. (Im raiding 10 mans mostly, but same counts for 25 man obviously)

I can't talk about pvp because i do not play resto shaman in pvp, except for that i own holy palas harder than resto shamans on my pvp frost mage xD. And I would never touch a keyboard controlling a paladin (with all respect for the good paladins out there), so can't talk about those either.

Edit: Could have linked logs, but im too tired and the other posters linked some already. Peace
    Last edited by JuicedawgYO; 2011-01-19 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Took my time writing this, came some other good comments while :] hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Is it really that hard to look something up for yourself? Geez...

Of the limited data there is (not that many 10man hardmodes have actually been downed), quite a lot of them have shaman healers in them.

For example:

OMD10 Heroic:

Chimaeron10 heroic:

Halfus10 heroic:
    So you're saying their 9k hps is good, compared to the 12k hps and 11k hps of the other healers in their group? That makes a lot of sense.

Those shamans you linked also have a holy pally in their raid, so go reread my post.

Deleted
    So you're saying their 9k hps is good, compared to the 12k hps and 11k hps of the other healers in their group? That makes a lot of sense.

Those shamans you linked also have a holy pally in their raid, so go reread my post.
    You are just damn ignorant that is all, out of all the stuff i linked (over 150 reports) you picked the one report with a shaman on 9k hps. You don't even seem to understand what healing is, cause all you seem to care about is a HPS meter.
    Your argument was that shamans aren't viable for 10man heroics, i proved to you that they are, and then you suddenly say that they can heal because they got a paladin? What do you expect? 3 shamans healing a heroic raid? Ofcourse you need class balance.

My guess is that you haven't even seen a heroic fight yet, and are just complaining because you don't know how to heal with a shaman, so i am just gonna leave it at that and not waste more time on you.

Oh, fer chrissake. Does healing done matter? Do those meters show overhealing done? Because I'm sure that pally with 12k hps would be overhealing a lot with Protector of the Innocent. Protector of the Innocent ends up being anywhere between 10-30% of our healing. Almost all of it is over healing. Holy paladins end up bringing less utility than a resto shaman as well. I'd kill for the amount of raid healing you guys can do, just as I'm sure you'd like some of our single-target healing prowess. As much as Blizz didn't want to have niches, there are niches yet again. You'll just have to deal or reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    What i dislike about healing in general at the moment, is that everything feels like its several times slowed compared to wotlk healing. Theres no adrenalin, theres no urge to smash buttons. Spam the cheapest spell > change to a more time - efficient spell > end cycle. Boooooooring.

Quote Originally Posted by Garaya View Post
    What i dislike about healing in general at the moment, is that everything feels like its several times slowed compared to wotlk healing. Theres no adrenalin, theres no urge to smash buttons. Spam the cheapest spell > change to a more time - efficient spell > end cycle. Boooooooring.
    Chimaeron, pretty fun fight. Challenging for healers. Get back to me after you've done it.