Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm in a casual raiding guild. We raid twice a week for about 3 hours. And no, it doesn't go like the OP's post.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a casual raider, i lol'd
    still its better than the hardcore raid guild: after 2 hours of wiping on new content
    Raider 1: Hey man, i know you have strict rules and stuff but i g2g my wife is in labor
    raid/guild leader: YOU WILL STAY IN THIS RAID UNTIL WE CALL IT OR I WILL FUCKING GKICK YOU UNDERSTAND?
    Raider 2: dude he said his wife is in labor...
    raid leader: UNLESS HIS WIFE IS GOING TO GIVE BIRTH TO A BABY THAT CAN HEAL BETTER THAN YOU SO WE CAN DOWN THIS BOSS I DONT GIVE A SHIT
    raider 3: hey can i go change my adult diaper while you guys sort this out
    raid leader: NO, NOW EVERYONE STFU AND LETS PULL ALREADY, SAME STRATEGY AS THE LAST 15 TIMES BUT THIS TIME DPS BETTER
    Last edited by Limbs of a Stare; 2011-01-19 at 03:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    I suppose Putricide is now known as "Green Spray Farty Gas Man". And i guess Blood Queen Lana'thel is now called "Time of Month Vampire Woman" with attacks such as "Bitey Bitey your friend" and "Fly high and spread fade".

Nice post.

Our guild is casual in that we only raid two nights a week, yet were still server second in raid progression.

Casual doesn't mean bad or stupidly friendly as you described. Given such an ignorant post I'm thinking I can safely assume that whatever "hardcore" guild you're in is still progressing through normal content.

Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Limbs of a Stare View Post
    as a casual raider, i lol'd
    still its better than the hardcore raid guild: after 2 hours of wiping on new content
    Raider 1: Hey man, i know you have strict rules and stuff but i g2g my wife is in labor
    raid/guild leader: YOU WILL STAY IN THIS RAID UNTIL WE CALL IT OR I WILL FUCKING GKICK YOU UNDERSTAND?
    Raider 2: dude he said his wife is in labor...
    raid leader: UNLESS HIS BABY IS GOING TO GIVE BIRTH TO A BABY THAT CAN HEAL BETTER THAN YOU SO WE CAN DOWN THIS BOSS I DONT GIVE A SHIT
    raider 3: hey can i go change my adult diaper while you guys sort this out
    raid leader: NO, NOW EVERYONE STFU AND LETS PULL ALREADY, SAME STRATEGY AS THE LAST 15 TIMES BUT THIS TIME DPS BETTER
    hahaha best post ever

Anyone who cares enough about WoW to post on the forums of a WoW news site is probably closer to the hardcore side of the spectrum whether they want to admit it or not.

hey look another op who doesn't know the difference between bad players and people who have lives other then this game. Get this shit off the forums.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

You sir are a stereotype. Like others have said before, just because a person is a casual raider doesn't mean they are bad. You should have named the thread The bad raiders, how it goes down in their raids.

heh Wrath was a smart buisness idea.

Cata is not.

money will be lost, raids will be nerfed.

Funny is that how you lead your casual raids? Cuz that's just sorry.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

OP is obviously pissed that the raid leader let a guy go walk his grandma but didn't let him go afk to set his dvr to record hannah montana.... u mad?

Seriously though, this guy is just out to troll.

<WARNING> No feeding the trolls!

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is full of fail.

Not all casuals are like this, a few are... but most casuals are actually fairly hardcore, this really just sounds like a pug where the Raid leader is a pushover and everybody is still in questing greens.
    Signatures are overrated.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lmao fuckin hilarious OP
    i can very much imagine thats the way it goes down in those type of raids^^

and for all those bringing up the casual =/= bad once again, where did the OP ever say casuals are bad?
    He didn't. Take it easy, I thought the post was quite amusing, but it seems like many of you have a cock up ur ass..
    Last edited by Chaya; 2011-01-19 at 04:21 AM.

Have a Nice Day ™...

What did you hope to get out of this by making this thread?

Edit: Ok nvm, just took a look at his post history. This is just a troll thread everyone.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2011-01-19 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Raid Leader: Alright everyone, we planned ahead 3 weeks for this moment because we all have lives and whatnot so let's make the best of it shall we?
    Raid: Yes sir!
    Raid member 1: Hey can I go out for a smoke?
    Raid Leader: Hey thats cool man. Take your time.
    Raid member 2: Hey my kids are fighting I need to stop them.
    Raid Leader: Hey thats cool man. Take your time..
    Raid member 3: Hey I gotta take my grandma out for a walk
    2 hours later:
    Raid Leader: Ok now that everyone is back we can pull.
    *Tank pulls, few dps die to fire*
    Raid member: Hey man, sorry I stood in fire, I was alt-tabbed and working on a novel.
    Raid Leader: Hey thats cool man.
    *Tank dies due to lack of heals*
    Healer: Sorry, I was on the phone
    Raid leader: Hey thats cool man..
    *Raid wipes*
    Raid Leader: Lets not get discouraged shall we... we know how Blizzard caters to hardcore no lifers and designs raids that are way too hard for people like us. Lets res up and try again.
    Raid Member 2: Hey, Its getting late here I gotta go.
    Raid Leader: Hey thats cool man, we'll pick this up again in 3 weeks after the place gets nerfed.
    Actually casuals log on once a month to accept the calendar invite and then forget about it

"Hey thats cool man."

That has potential....as a meme or something... XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    *Raid wipes*
    Raid Leader: Lets not get discouraged shall we... we know how Blizzard caters to hardcore no lifers and designs raids that are way too hard for people like us. Lets res up and try again.
    Raid Member 2: Hey, Its getting late here I gotta go.
    Raid Leader: Hey thats cool man, we'll pick this up again in 3 weeks after the place gets nerfed.
    lol - I like that bit. That bit is true.

If by casual you mean, are casual because they are bad and don't have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    But there is a true fact. Lots of casuals just go AFk when they won't, don't even bother to let the raid work.

And Casuals are not that players that don't spend much time on the game. Casuals are that who say something like "I don't need enchants, only 50 Crit/mastery/whatever won't increase my damage that much. I don't need flasks to raid. I don't have to know how a boss works, I just want to raid and get every boss killed n the first attempt, even in the baddest PUG."

Just No. In no way. Because Blizzard saw the amount of players who quit, too. BC got more than 4 Million players to the game, the quitters deducted. Wrath got 1 Million. But way more new accounts. But more than ever quitted the game. If there is another addon like Wrath more and more will quit than new players will join.

And furthermore, Casuals don't bring the big money. The big money bring the players, who spend their money if they have to because another race is now better and they have to racechange, they want to play in good guilds and change servers etc.
    I'm a casual player. My whole guild considers themselves to be casual players. We like raiding, but don't always have the time for it, and never commit more than one or two evenings a week to it.

Our gear is enchanted.
    We bring potions, flasks, and the best food available.
    We read the fights before hand. Admittedly, we sometimes do that when we're supposed to be working, but hey, who's counting?
    When we wipe, we get back up, see what we did wrong, and try again.
    We don't go AFK randomly and constantly. Every now and again, if a guildy has to go AFK because his baby's crying or they need to put a kid to bed, we don't mind. We wait the five or ten minutes it takes to resolve issues like that.

People in my guild have also
    Race changed.
    Server transferred.
    Name changed.

You know why we're casual players? Because life is first and WoW is second. We're casual players because we enjoy playing with our friends rather than joining some guild that demands 102% attendance or you get gkicked and your spot given to your worst enemy. We can have fun with the game at our own pace without being bad.

And I'm pretty sure there are a lot more of us than there are of this "hardcore" breed who acts like we must all be terrible because we don't enjoy the game the same way. So, yeah, we bring in the big money.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    But there is a true fact. Lots of casuals just go AFk when they won't, don't even bother to let the raid work.

And Casuals are not that players that don't spend much time on the game. Casuals are that who say something like "I don't need enchants, only 50 Crit/mastery/whatever won't increase my damage that much. I don't need flasks to raid. I don't have to know how a boss works, I just want to raid and get every boss killed n the first attempt, even in the baddest PUG."

Just No. In no way. Because Blizzard saw the amount of players who quit, too. BC got more than 4 Million players to the game, the quitters deducted. Wrath got 1 Million. But way more new accounts. But more than ever quitted the game. If there is another addon like Wrath more and more will quit than new players will join.

And furthermore, Casuals don't bring the big money. The big money bring the players, who spend their money if they have to because another race is now better and they have to racechange, they want to play in good guilds and change servers etc.
    Any idiot can take the amount of Cata sales, the amount of the subscribers that blizz claims to have...and figure out that about 5 or more million subscribers didnt even buy cata yet. But wrath was the fail xpac business wise *rolls eyes*

Banned user is banned! /Dalliah
    Last edited by Chelly; 2011-01-19 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viin View Post
    He isn't that successful considering the fact he got banned.
    Also, posting troll/meme images is grounds for an infraction.