Joining a cataclysm raid extension, after doing 25 man

I've looked through some threads but haven't found anything specific to what I have in mind yet.

We have a 10 man Bastion of Twilight we were working on last week which we may extend this week. There is also a guild 25 man Bastion of Twilight planned this week.

My question is, if I participate in the 25 man and kill the first boss or whatever, can i then join an extension of the previous week's 10 man extended lockout, on say the 3rd boss?

if you down the first boss in 25 man BoT then you'd have a unique raid ID saving you to the instance. Thus, you could only continue on 25 I believe, locking you from the extended 10 man run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, since your 25 man ID is at a lower progression level, you'd be able to join the 10m IF you're not the one extending it. If you extend it yourself, you're stuck at the 3rd in 10, and can only bump it to 25 at the same point.

---------- Post added 2011-01-18 at 09:12 PM ----------

With the Flexible Raid Lock system, instead of being locked to a specific raid size or raid group, each character will have the opportunity to defeat each raid encounter once a week. You could kill Lord Marrowgar and Lady Deathwhisper with a 10-player raid on Wednesday, join a 25-player raid to kill Festergut and Rotface on Thursday, and then lead a completely new 10-player raid to kill The Lich King on Friday. Every raid has a list of encounters associated with the zone. For example, Icecrown Citadel has twelve encounters. After you defeat Lord Marrowgar, you can open up your character's raid information dialog and see the list of encounters in Icecrown Citadel with Marrowgar marked as defeated. You may no longer fight Lord Marrowgar with any raid size or difficulty until the weekly raid reset for your region occurs.
    source:http://wow.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=23494

The source allahkhazam has for the blue source just redirects to the forum selection page.

I know this would work with a normal 10 man but I was wondering if there was anything special about a raid lockout extension, since they typically have a saved raid id. One person saying yes, one person saying no. Has anyone actually tried joining a 10 man extension lockout on a later boss after having done a 25 man boss already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the part that I copied. They have the situation as going from a 10, to a 25, back to a 10. The raid ID is only to check progress in the dungeon. As long as the 2nd/3rd/4th is either at the same progression, or further progressed, you are able to swap out.

Sources man, source.

As long as YOU aren't extending your ID,and someone else is holding the ID, then you're able to move about. If YOU extend the ID you're already saved at 3rd. If you enter an extended after reset, it'll ask if you wish to be saved to it, so it doesn't forcefully extend it for everyone involved. Otherwise some douche that got removed from a raid would be able to permanently keep 9 other people from ever entering again.

15+ Year Old Account
    From my understanding only Heroic will give you a Raid ID saved to your Character. Normal mode will just save you to bosses and not to an actual instance. Extending a raid on Normal mode would mean that you should be able to enter it if you killed less bosses or the same bosses. Extending a raid on Heroic mode would require you to do the instance on a specific mode (10 or 25) meaning you can't do 25man if you are extending a 10man Heroic. Also to my understanding you won't get saved to the bosses/Raid ID unless you actually kill a boss aswell. This goes to the one above me....you won't get saved from entering it will tell you that the instance you are in has cleared this and that boss so you don't get tricked into being saved to a boss you are actually going for :P

Either way...why would you want to extend anyway? That would slow you down since you will lose gear options from the bosses you already did. It's alot better to try a boss and if you can't make it before reset you go through the previous bosses to gear up some more then try again which would make it easier. This would also keep morale up better since you won't be wiping several times in a row just trying to get down that boss.
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2011-01-19 at 03:34 AM.