Edit the Meme Rule maybe?

Memes pictures can be quite funny when used correctly and are worth a few laughs...but for some odd reason they are only worth an infraction here. They're just harmless fun. Whats the Internet without memes? A snorefest! So maybe you guys could maybe tweak that rule. Its first nature for many newcomers to post a meme pic when the opportunity arises! Its true it could be considered spam but I had a very easy idea that could prevent them from being pointless spam! And thats stated in the quote...down there. Below. Underneath. South. \/

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    ...um I afraid to ask this but....why is that so? XD I laughed at that pic. Can't there at least be changed to: "You can post meme pictures ONLY if you include some on-topic text in your post." Cuz I can understand that posting a pic is just a waste of space and not helpful to the conversation and counts as minor spam, but if you included some talk in there too its just harmless fun! :3
    Basically it says, "When you post a Meme Pic, you must also contribute to the thread." Easy amirite???

Don't HURT ME!!!!!

Like this? or somehow else?

Because of this rule I can't post the picture I wish to.
    So here's some text:

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

Well played mister.

Memes fall under this category.
    7. Spamming and Trolling
    This includes but is not necessarily limited to the following:

* Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
    * Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
    * Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
    * Making non-constructive posts
    * Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
    * Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements
    * Thread-necro: Reviving an old thread for no reason other than bumping it to the first page
    * Replying to a thread simply to call the author a troll (regardless of whether the post is actually trolling)

Also, to the user above...
    13.5. Usage of CAPS (capital letters), color, ASCII code symbols or Unicode symbols

All can be found here.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...before-posting)

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyPete View Post
    -&``................`
    Wouldn't a % sign work better here?

And I can't speak for the admins, but I'm predicting a big, fat, resounding NO to meme pics. I'd say the only exception is the funny pictures thread, but only when used as a "hey, this is funny" rather than trolling somebody.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with memes is that there's never just one meme. If someone sees a meme, they immediately have to go find a "better" counter-meme. It's even worse if they're pictures instead of text, in which case nobody even bothers to read any potentially-constructive text of the post. Soon enough, the thread becomes totally derailed.

If you want proof, just look how the forums were a year ago... things are much cleaner now.

* Replying to a thread simply to call the author a troll (regardless of whether the post is actually trolling)
    Quite possibly the most retarded rule I've ever seen anywhere.

Quite possibly the most retarded rule I've ever seen anywhere.
    Not really. It encourages not feeding trolls and reporting them so that the mods can take care of them without adding fuel to the troll fire.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    Not really. It encourages not feeding trolls and reporting them so that the mods can take care of them without adding fuel to the troll fire.
    Except if nobody is there to say that's it's a troll, more idiots will fall for it and feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Calling someone a troll does one of two things:

1. If the person was actually a troll, it feeds the troll and bumps the thread.

2. If the person was not a troll (just asking a question in a naive way or post was misunderstood), it again derails the thread into a discussion of whether the person is a troll or people calling counter-troll or people not even bothering to read the original post and assuming those calling troll are correct, and so on.

Both of these are bad. I can't think of any response that's actually a good response -- all you can do is report the thread, we'll close/ban/deal with it.

Except if nobody is there to say that's it's a troll, more idiots will fall for it and feed them.
    Calling someone a troll is feeding it.

Yet, you contributed to a troll thread, which is just ironic to say the least.

ot: I find myself lauging about tose pictures sometimes, but i can see it's forbidden. Expecially when there is no constructive text in the same post.