[PvP] A little question about Necrotic Strike

Hello i have play mostly as duel frost in arena with my druid friend it going allright but i wonder if Unholy is better for single target dps ?
    And the title question How good is nerotic strike ? i dont seems to understand the attack for some reason can u tell me if i want to spam it or just use it some time in a arena battle.
    And shoud i use nerotic strike as frost

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Necrotic strike basically is an attack that does weapon damage and applies a debuff that stacks indefinitely. the healing prevention stacks with each application of the ability meaning if you took one attack adding a debuff for say 5k and repeated the same attack directly afterwords the debuff would now be at 10k. the casting debuff does not stack but 30% is still a hefty bit.

you should use it to prevent healing and/or slow casting as needed in pvp and pve. Pve application is not as often but some fights it is astronomical in its application.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Unholy is definitely better at applying necrotic strike, frost has less of a damage loss in applying it because you can do HB with your frost runes and stack up 4 NS. Unholy has the ability to stack 8 NS if done correctly in 8 seconds allowing you to punish someone with very little healing done.

Honestly, with the recent hotfix nerf to it (resilience affecting it) it basically takes it from 75% of AP (I have about 12k AP as frost in my pvp gear) and about a 9k absorb to about a 6k absorb for most pvp geared players assuming it is reducing the damage after it is first calculated. SO we go from being able to put up a 72k healing shield to a 48k healing shield for bursting. I think it takes it away as a tool to kill healers and pressure a team into losing the mana war and instead turns it into a 30% cast speed debuff and an effective way to deal with non-healing class' healing. Warriors, rogues, ferals, locks, etc it is a super good tool to keep them from healing with their tools and finish them off. I think it just will make it easier to heal through as a real healer class.

So basically I think I will go away from spamming it as much as I can while still keeping up desecration and move to using it situationally to aid in a setup or to finish off a wounded player. I think it is a good change and will make it more skill based than it was.

It's still worth while to spam even with resilience effecting it IMO. The only exception might be against a clothy target where scourge strike will hit decently. On plate or something though you'll get more "damage" out of NS.