Thread: Restoration UI

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Vuhdo! I can't heal with Grid :[ I need to see my hots, their stacks and duration. Grid seemed to do either of those but not both. And cluster feature is priceless if you can adjust to it.

I have it set up as inverted, and the health decreases vertically. Dunno if other people do this D:
    Last edited by Octopus; 2011-01-20 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like healing addons that force me to heal with my mouse, I have my spells keybound and mouse over the bars only to click them and then press my keybound spell. I don't bind heals to my mouse or use mouseover macros. For this reason, I don't use Healbot. Personally I was doing ok with Blizzard frames for awhile but I started using Grid so I could resize the boxes to my liking and move them so they were horizontal and in the middle bottom of my screen which is why I like them for visibility. Grid is really good and you can configure it any way you want. If you like to mouseover heal you could get Clique with it.

i dont know about healing but with tanking making a UI helped alot instead of default blizzard UI

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I don't like healing addons that force me to heal with my mouse, I have my spells keybound and mouse over the bars only to click them and then press my keybound spell. I don't bind heals to my mouse or use mouseover macros. For this reason, I don't use Healbot. Personally I was doing ok with Blizzard frames for awhile but I started using Grid so I could resize the boxes to my liking and move them so they were horizontal and in the middle bottom of my screen which is why I like them for visibility. Grid is really good and you can configure it any way you want. If you like to mouseover heal you could get Clique with it.
    There is an option in vuhdo to keybind keyboard instead of your mouse

I've had Healbot for ages, and it was going perfect until the time they dropped my mouseovers macro ( probly a blizzard update watever ).
    Everyone told me to switch to Grid but I've always ran from grid like pest.
    Now I use vudho, it's going so DAMN GOOD, and ohw what ? they don't tell me to go to grid now, they're telling others to go Vudho

What do you use to heal on your druid??????

Hello, I was bored this morning and reading old threads, and I see that everyone bashes on healbot. Well I can honestly say I have ONLY ever used healbot since i've been healing, which was a bit before Lich King expansion. Im just wonder what do you guys think is better than heal bot that is out there? After u say what it is or how to do it, how hard do you think it will be to change over from being someone thats only used healbot?

P.S. Post what you think are your advantages to yours over healbot
    *And I play a resto druid, hence the druid forum*

Thanks in Advance

10+ Year Old Account
    i use healbot, i heal just fine. either 3rd or 4th in place in my 25 man (with my gear, since im main boomkin, i'd say the healing output is pretty good)
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I used to use VuhDo, which is great. I tried to use HealBot once, but I just didn't like it.
    Now, I've switched to Grid + GridClickSets module.. Tbh, I don't think any of those three addons have any advantages over one another.. It all comes down to personal preferences..
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Grid/clique since the start

Deleted
    Using the regular WoW UI since I started playing in TBC, works best for me. Have tried numerous addon's, but it's all up to your personal preference.

I like the WoW UI because It's so clean and easy to manage.

I just use mouseover macros, and my addons include just some messing with my hotbars, and the looks of my UI, done almost nothing to the functionality.

I use the default UI.. Always have, always will.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Mouseover macros and grid. Need no more.

I have been told:
    On vuhdo, the spells can be cast when you mouse click, whereas on healbot (and you can also select this option on vuhdo), the spell is only cast after you click (i.e. lifted your finger of the mouse button).

I like vuhdo as it was the first raid frames addon I used and I can configure it. but I am sure healbot/Clique and grid pretty much have the same options if you spend a few hours checking them out

Rewatch

Rewatch is a nice little utility for druid healing specifically, has countdown timers for your hots, not very practical for raid healing as your screen gets filled in a 25 man raid with boxes that have healing options for each person. but very nice for groups and 10 mans, I use Grid Clique for the bigger stuff. Tried and used healbot LONG ago, took a long break during vanilla, and when I came back just couldn't find a love for healbot. Rewatch is for druid only, shaman's and priests etc won't even see the addon show up at first log in or beyond.

10+ Year Old Account
    healbot, since day one.

Healed on my druid since the bginning of wrath and I always used grid, with all the bells and whistles addons...and clique. Recently though I just use the standard raid frames with Clique.

I can see not using a UI mod for healing...but for a resto druid, who has a lot of spells (and not just heals) that they're casting or might need to in any given situation, Clique and a 5+ button mouse is very highly suggested.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Grid with mouseover macros.

I think that Healbot gets the bad rap that it does because in Vanilla, before Blizzard put things into effect to stop it, Healbot would literally do your job for you; it would pick out your lowest health raid member and heal them with the appropriate spell and rank, all you had to do was hit one button, you didn't even have to select a target.

I personally do not use any specific healing addons (besides Decursive). I use Shadowed Unit Frames for raid frames, click low health targets and heal them and I am constantly in the top 3 healing, but I've been playing this game and a healer specifically for a long time, and it could be that I'm just set in my ways...
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-01-22 at 04:34 PM.

though i dont heal with a druid, i always use grid and nothing else.