Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

PTR 4.0.6 Patch Notes - January 24 Update

PTR 4.0.6 Patch Notes - January 24 Update
    The PTR Patch 4.0.6 Patch Notes have been updated once again with a couple of interesting changes to dungeons and classes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Guilds
    • The guild reward Armadillo Pup now requires revered faction instead of exalted.
    • The guild faction requirement on the Guild Herald has been lowered to Revered reputation.

Dungeons & Raids
    • Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol'Vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.
    • The daily Random Dungeon reward on normal difficulty has been increased to 140 Justice Points, up from 70.
    • Players no longer need to discover Cataclysm dungeon entrances in order to access them via the Dungeon Finder.

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    • Rejuvenation is now trained at level 3, down from level 8. In addition, its mana cost is now 20% of base mana.

Balance
    • Moonkin Form now grants 15% damage reduction instead of increased armor. In addition, shapeshifting in or out of this form now breaks roots. Note this is not stated in the tooltip.

Feral
    • Blood in the Water: Timing on this effect has been improved so that Ferocious Bite will immediately refresh Rip, rather than be slightly delayed (which gave a chance for the Rip to expire despite being refreshed).

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    • Divine Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
    • Flash of Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
    • Holy Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
    • Lay on Hands now causes Forbearance on the target. It used to only cause it when cast on the paladin. This was an old design from when Divine Protection caused Forbearance and the paladin didn't want to prevent a tank from using their defensive cooldown.
    • Lay on Hands cannot be a critical effect and will not be affected by most abilities which modify healing (such as Beacon of Light). In addition, Lay on Hands is no longer on the global cooldown.

Holy

Protection
    • Eternal Glory: The chance to not consume Holy Power from this talent now also applies to not consuming the clearcasting effect generated by Divine Purpose.

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)

Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Combat
    • Blade Flurry is now a toggle that can be turned off by pressing the button again. In addition, this ability no longer has a fixed duration, but will go on cooldown for 10 seconds after being canceled (similar to Stealth). In addition, Blade Flurry now reduces energy generation by 30% while active, up from 20%.

Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    • Healing Rain now has a 40-yard radius, up from 30, to be consistent with other shaman heals.

Elemental

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    • Devour (Felhunter) cooldown has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 8. Devour is no longer able to be auto-cast.

Affliction
    • Soul Swap can no longer be dispelled (the aura given to the warlock between swapping).

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Fury

Items
    • The PvP Balance druid 4-piece set bonus effect has been increased to 20 Solar Energy and 13 Lunar Energy, up from 5 and 13. The effect will also now be more intelligent at choosing whether to give the druid Lunar or Solar Energy (it checks the Balance Power to determine which to give depending on which energy is higher at the time).

Quests & Creatures
    Tol Barad
    • Rusty Rifles will now spawn more frequently at Farson Keep.
    • Players should now always receive 6 daily quests in Tol Barad Peninsula as intended, rather than sometimes only getting 5.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-01-24 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    No, Not the devour!

Yay. 10 yards more on Healing rain. I can dig it. :]

It seems they are doing less and less significant changes to the PTR. I guess that means 4.06 will be ready for release next week then.

Arms warrior damage buff inc. Arms warrior mobility nerf inc.

Wait, what were they trying to do? Nerf burst? Seems like they failed at that from the start.

Pallies - Oh the nerf bat has been swung, and it hurts. Ouch.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yay, more badges for my alts!

So, easier alt dungeon leveling with this change. Dont know if I like it or not.

I guess they still havent got the poo to stick to the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    amg my mana costs!!!

Good if they nerf Holy Paladins to the ground maybe just maybe Ret Paladins will finally have a chance to get out from underneath the ground.

totally can't wait for tomorrow. Rift beta woohoo!!! No more World of Magecraft for the rest of the week!

Aura Mastery: This ability no longer increases the benefit granted by Crusader Aura. Whyyyy? Was that REALLY necessary? :<

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Good if they nerf Holy Paladins to the ground maybe just maybe Ret Paladins will finally have a chance to get out from underneath the ground.

totally can't wait for tomorrow. Rift beta woohoo!!! No more World of Magecraft for the rest of the week!

How does nerfing healing spells make ret better?

yay more nerfs for locks cuz i mean they havent already received a TON of nerfs for this patch right?

Aura Mastery: This ability no longer increases the benefit granted by Crusader Aura.

Explain this one blizzard, please.

Does this somehow effect PVP? PVE? WHAT, FARMING??

Get lost.

Also, suck on my 10%, aint gonna mean crap. You still have us stacked way too high. And no, I won't stop spamming divine light and radiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    Yay. 10 yards more on Healing rain. I can dig it. :]
    Eh, at least it's not a nerf.

15+ Year Old Account
    And also, more salt in the wounds of feral druids. Probably Blizzards way of saying "if you want to pvp, play a caster".

10+ Year Old Account
    40 yard healing rain? Yesssss, I'll take it. It still seemed pretty big to me in general, but then again, I run 10s....

Also lol at not having to discover instances anymore. That just seems silly, when they were making -such a big deal of it- originally. Also, it wasn't like it was hard. Only Throne was a pain in the butt to get.

Oh wow, I just noticed the increase in valor points you get. Wheee.

* Healing Rain now has a 40-yard radius, up from 30, to be consistent with other shaman heals.
    Radius? Well, its obviously a bug but range != radius.