Frost dps post-patch?

Hello!

Just wondering if any of you guys have any thoughts about 2h-frost potentially being superior to DW after the coming patch?

Considering the changes MoTFW, which should affect a pretty large portion of our dps.. Obliterate and Frost strike will also do tons more dmg.
    (Might of the Frozen Wastes: When wielding a two-handed weapon, your melee attacks deal an additional 12% damage and your autoattacks have a 45% chance to generate 10 Runic Power.)

And how would this potentially work with the new Virulence? instead of improved blood tap. (30% extra dmg to diseases) Would probably boost our frost fever quite a bit also since it stacks with mastery.. etc

I havent been so active in cata since I got lots of stuff going on IRL atm, but Im sure some of you frost-nerds have made som calculations? ^^ <3

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldn't put it superior but definitely in line. If the changes to UH go live as is it may even pass it up. They hit UH pretty hard and it may very well cripple it to that point. It all depends on blizzards math.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    i wouldn't put it superior but definitely in line. If the changes to UH go live as is it may even pass it up. They hit UH pretty hard and it may very well cripple it to that point. It all depends on blizzards math.
    Yeah, I think so also.. Unholy looks pretty lame now One good thing was our mastery buff though If they get the other stuff in line, we're good to go.

Though I was not really comparing it to UH, I was comparing 2H Frost with DW Frost.. and considering the pretty small gap between them now.. and the fact that 12% to all melee attacks is a huge buff that not only affects white hits.. It becomes extra awesome with instant attacks And we have lots of those dealing melee dmg.

Obliterates and Frost strikes should really hit like a truck.

According to Consider it will still fall a decent amount behind DW Frost and 2hnd Unholy.

It seems the upping of the dmg is just a token to Unholy since itemization for 2hnd Unholy is about the same as 2hnd Frost meaning Unholy DK's can have a very usable Frost OS for AOE or situational chilblains use. Of course gear for a DW Frost MS still sucks for Unholy since you'll have almost no haste and are EXP capped, but at least the mastery is useful somewhat now.