Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Patch ISF Cooldown change -

Improved Soul Fire no longer has a 6 sec cooldown.

Making whole thread about it. Awesome.
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.

discuss thread.

more facerolling?

Deleted
    Tbh if it's what i think it is its obvisouly gunna make the whole 'keeping up ISF' alot easier. I welcome this change tbh. Alot more user friendly on the completly random SF's we get off Empowered imp! Lets hope it stays!

A 6 second CD was never something it needed to have, however what it DOES need is a longer duration. We're still going to want to hard cast it to keep the buff up, but now that we don't have that extra 15% haste to lower the casting speed it will still be fairly irritating. Make it a 30 or 45 second duration imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this changed spawned from the fact that some people were delaying Empowered Imp procs to get maximum dps out of ISF. Since Soul Fire lights up when Emp Imp procs, I don't think Blizzards intended playstyle is "DONT CLICK ME... YET".

I like this change, even if I still hold off on ISF for more dps.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    I think this changed spawned from the fact that some people were delaying Empowered Imp procs to get maximum dps out of ISF. Since Soul Fire lights up when Emp Imp procs, I don't think Blizzards intended playstyle is "DONT CLICK ME... YET".

I like this change, even if I still hold off on ISF for more dps.
    I think blizz would support using your cd's and procs for the best situation other than mindlessly spamming it when the cd's is gone.

just got used into having a good imp SF uptime, and now they are changing it again :/.
    First i hated the ISF, but with much thinking about it, it was actually the ISF that kept all the scrubs from out class.

The skillcurve just got nerfed of the warlock. (meaning that the difference between a good lock and a baddie becomes less obvious.)

isf change hurt me as well as other warlocks but still %15 spell haste from a tier 2 talent was too owerpowered imo.and now %8 dmg increase from a spell is also more powerful than needed,i prefer a more creative talent than this.thats my opinion though

Quote Originally Posted by Muriana27 View Post
    I think blizz would support using your cd's and procs for the best situation other than mindlessly spamming it when the cd's is gone.

just got used into having a good imp SF uptime, and now they are changing it again :/.
    First i hated the ISF, but with much thinking about it, it was actually the ISF that kept all the scrubs from out class.

The skillcurve just got nerfed of the warlock. (meaning that the difference between a good lock and a baddie becomes less obvious.)
    More skill doesn't always = better gameplay.

For example, if we had to quickly play a game of Simon Says every time we wanted to use Soul Burn... would that take more skill? Well, yes. Would it make for better gameplay? Of course not.

Internal Cooldowns on a buff like this is bad gamplay. Internal cooldowns should be used as "proc limitors", not to make the game overly complex. There were nasty side effects too. Suppose you had an Emp Imp proc a few seconds before a Bloodlust ends. If you casted it, you wouldn't get the buff, but your Imp Soul Fire would still get put on cooldown.

Good Riddance to a clunky, ugly mechanic. If you want the Warlock class to require a higher margin of skill, there are MUCH better ways to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a general rule, all of the glow effects/power auras blizzard implemented fall under the category of "USE THIS NAO" - Flash of Light proc, Empowered Imp, Soulburn trigger, Slam, Pyroblast, Nightfall, etc

Note that soulburn coming off cd down not trigger this - this is "use your shit smartly", but using soulburn does trigger the glow "Use one of these omg"

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Saving it is still smarter though

Same can be said for Molten Core, you don't spam all 3 charges off as soon as it procs if Immolate is about to fall off. Or a Nightfall proc if you know you're gonna have to move in a couple of seconds.

also worth noting to those who think this is a dumbing down: you now have the ability to refresh right before a movement or a target swap based on your own knowledge and turn it into a huge positive instead of not casting cause you werent able to refresh it. mediocre players will still just follow the priority list they downloaded and cast it when it falls off. so you will still have plenty of chances to distinguish yourself (and likely would no matter how "easy" they made the mechanics)

10+ Year Old Account
    Argh, I hate my life. I wasted that much time trying to figure out whether to hold off on Emp Imp procs, and now its going away. YAY.

I should just stick with Japanese.

And knowing my luck, Japan will be invaded by China and forced to speak Chinese as soon as I become anything close to fluent.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Now if they could just put it back to a tier 2 talent. This was all it needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Why do you say that? Soul Fire doesn't exactly go with the flavor of the other two specs, especially affliction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No thanks. As Affliction (being a master of shadow damage) using a Fire spell was awkward. As Demo it fits a little better since they use both shadow and fire, but honestly it felt out of place in both specs. Now it's where it belongs, in destro only.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 09:28 PM ----------

Also, the skill curve is only slightly downtuned. You'll still be able to differentiate from a good destro lock and a bad one, believe me.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

While a mechanism for a self-buff to damage would not be out of place for other specs, since it is not only easier to maintain, but not target dependant like haunt.
    It it just the implementation of it that does not fit other specs.
    Having to hard cast soulfires outside of an execute phase was a little out of place in demonology, and most certainly awkward in affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    As a general rule, all of the glow effects/power auras blizzard implemented fall under the category of "USE THIS NAO
    Gonna have to disagree here. I don't think the intent is "you have to use this spell now". The way I interpret it at least is "Hey this is ready to use now". The decision then lies in the hands of the user to determine whether it is better to use at that specific time or to wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm more thinking of your average user. 1000 dps from delaying the use of a glowing ability is a pretty counter-intuitive dps gain for Joe who raids on weekends.

R.I.P. YARG