Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Tirisfal Glades old god

Hey guys, I just have a question about the "evil" surrounding the Tirisifal Glades. Has anyone previously stated what it is? I'm kinda curious, and I just went over to the lake to the very west of the map and there was a tiny abandoned isle with rats, a sun chair and some live worms on a fishing rack. Can anyone explain this to me?

everyone knows it is ZUUL!!!

honestly though, its probably linked to something that will be released soon.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

All speculation - nothing actually stated anywhere. Don't worry about it yet, because the only things there are theories.

I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be an Old God in Tirifsal. That's probably also one reason why there is a "guardian" of Tirisfal. Some people even think that the guardian might have been corrupted by an old god, and not really Sargeras.
    Some also believe that the old god is actually located in deadwind pass/karazhan, and not in Tirisfal, which would explain why the guardian of Tirisfal isn't located in Tirisfal but in Karazhan.

This is all speculation however, nothing important has been stated by Blizzard so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be an Old God in Tirifsal. That's probably also one reason why there is a "guardian" of Tirisfal. Some people even think that the guardian might have been corrupted by an old god, and not really Sargeras.
    Some also believe that the old god is actually located in deadwind pass/karazhan, and not in Tirisfal, which would explain why the guardian of Tirisfal isn't located in Tirisfal but in Karazhan.

This is all speculation however, nothing important has been stated by Blizzard so far.
    Well Kharazan was medivs Choice, not a choice of every guardian, and why he did choose the location was explained in a Novel some years ago

Since a lot of the first highborne settlers were driven insane by some ancient evil beneath the land it could be an old god or one of their minions

Ps

Darkside I summon ye

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The island is also inaccessible without a flying mount. And could an Old God have anything to do with that strange chest without a key?

Deleted
    There is an evil in Tirisfal, it's the reason the High Elves moved up to Quel'thalas (*cough*theneighbourhoodhasn'timproved*cough*) also this:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Black_iron_golem

And Karazhan is built upon the place where all the ley lines converge, that's a shitload of magical potential right there. Ofcourse why wouldn't there be an old god there :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Darkside I summon ye
    Shub'nar shub'nar n'kyahla Darkside ithoql n'wagha fhtagn!

Deleted
    Darkside I summon ye
    What? Where? Who?

Mate I think your spell backfired...

Anyhow, there's a good chance of an Old God in Tirisfal. There was some weird stuff in the cellar of Krasus' tower, plus the whole 'High Elves going crazy' thing seems to point at it.

Edit: Speaking as a true Lovecraft freak, Tirisfal and Silverpine, especially their deterioration, are reminiscent of the story The Colour Out of Space, or at least the first stages of the 'poisoning'. The latter stages are very reminiscent of the Twilight Highlands (the crater things and the Obsidian Forest or w/e it's called) and Deadwind Pass.
    Last edited by mmoc8b3023a1c1; 2011-01-19 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    What? Where? Who?

Mate I think your spell backfired...

Anyhow, there's a good chance of an Old God in Tirisfal. There was some weird stuff in the cellar of Krasus' tower, plus the whole 'High Elves going crazy' thing seems to point at it.
    Well I had to try ^^

Also there's another nice thing i forgot to quote "the very forests of lordaeron whispered the name Arthas" maybe he was his entire life an old god puppet.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Key_to_Salem%27s_Chest I wonder if this has anything to do with an Old God.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reworked Tirisfal Glades hasn't included anything new besides an empty forest, but it gives me hope that they haven't forgotten about this mysterious little region.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since a lot of the first highborne settlers were driven insane by some ancient evil beneath the land it could be an old god or one of their minions

Ps

Darkside I summon ye
    Summons still work, dont worry ;D

I dont know if the would be an old god in tirisfal, but a lot of strange stuff happened there.
    First, Krasus's tower. I cant seem to find the wowpedia page, but if i recall, krasus went there after a battle and drank from a pool of water. In the pool, he could see a human arm, torso and leg appear and dissapear.
    Second, there were the highborne that landed there after the sundering that went insane, maybe the work of an old god.
    Third, the mist.....it turns you inside out(not real evidence)

Id like to believe theres an old god there, just not quite enough evidence yet

I think there is an Old God in Tirisfal Glades. If I had to guess which one of the Lovecraftian great old ones that it probably will resemble, I would say Rhogog- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhogog