Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10m Conclave of Wind - Anshal healing too much?

I've searched quite a bit and haven't found a thread pertaining to this particular problem so I'd see if anyone has advice about this

In our 10m Conclave of Wind setup, we have 3 of the DPS on life (Anshal) and 2 ranged dps on Rohan (wind). After about the second ultimate, Rohan is at about 10% while Anshal is still at about 60%. I have one of the ranged DPS from Rohan go with the other DPS group (so now we have dps groups of 4 on Anshal and 1 on Rohan) after the second ultimate and then the lone DPS (ele sham) brings Rohan all the way down the rest of the way to about 50k.

My question is, should Anshal be dropping faster than he currently is? Is Rohan supposed to be nearly dead before Anshal even gets to 50%? The DPS in our raid is competent, I'm just wondering if the tank isn't dragging the boss out of the healing pools fast enough or if there is just another mechanic we are missing? Or is our strat of having one of the ranged DPS chill with the group of 3 and help out on Anshal after the 2nd jump to the middle pretty common for 10 man?

Edit: I mainly ask because I got the impression from reading/watching vids that Rohan and Anshal should be dropping at about the same rate with 3 dps on Anshal and 2 on Rohan but that is currently not happening
    Last edited by Azrok; 2011-01-19 at 04:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You'll have to adjust your dps accordingly if you can't fix it, but it sounds like a tank issue to be honest. You should have way more dps being poured into Anshal than Rohan. If their health pools are incredibly skewed even with three dps on Anshal for almost the entire fight then the issue is your tank simply isn't moving or not moving quickly enough.

Deleted
    It's probably the tank being slow on moving him. The tank should start moving as soon as he see the boss casting the spell(can't remember the name) rather than waiting until the circle is actually on the ground. It also helps using Widow Venom if you have a hunter in your group, necrotic strike works as well.

He's usually the boss to die first in our 10 man group.

10+ Year Old Account
    never seen 2 ultimates o.o .. but we split our 10man the same, 3 dps on life boss (fury war/rogue/ele sham), 2 on wind boss (hunter/lock). im pretty sure we use some kind of healing debuff on life though - poison/ms effect type thing and move him out of the healing 'zone' quick.

normally by the time the first ultimate comes he's on about ~25% or so with wind boss probs on about 40% (honestly cant remember exactly, but both below 50% and life about 50% of wind lol) but he will heal to roughly the same amount as the wind has anyway but then they will go down both within seconds of each other before the 2nd ultimate and we'll all just jump to frost, pop hero and burn him down..

sometimes we've sent our hunter over to life after first ultimate just for the extra burn if the hp pools get a little too odd, works fine..

gl
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

Thank you for your replies. I will be showing this thread to our tanks so they know what's going on, so any more tips would on this fight from a tanking perspective are greatly welcomed

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh it's possible. If dps is good, you can kill him from 60% to 0 before the others revive. Like others have said though, slow reaction times or poor placement of circles is probably the main issue, assuming you're doing this on normal.

15+ Year Old Account
    We usually go through 2 ultimates before we kill them (with the same DPS setup as you). Our main problem when we were progressing on them was that the tank didn't pull the boss far enough away from the healing circles. They are slightly bigger than they look, so make sure that you stress the fact that he needs to be pulled as far away from the healing circles as possible.

Well, when we went there we have had 3 DPS on West(life) and 2 on Wind, we encountered the exact same problem as u did. We gave it a try of going with 1 DPS at wind but at the end and thats how we are doing it now, we have me and a healer on east and rest of the dps of life. (we have one DPS at east helping me with wind untill the first ultimate, at the first ultimate he moves to north and after he joins west so i´ll be all alone on east all the time. By the time i have it to 50k, all of the others are about the same. We mostly kill them around the second Ultimate

Maybe this helps, im kind of tired now so you might not one or two things from what i just wrote here, feel free to ask for a more clear explanation.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

We start with no DPS on green. When he's about to summon adds, the 3 dps from blue switch there and kill the adds, then return to blue when he's about to cast his special. We bring blue down to 20%, then after his special 1 dps from wind and the 3 from blue move to green and we cast BL. Once adds spawn we kill them and move back to blue for the special but don't dps. After the special we move back to green to finish him off. The other 2 are so low on HP that it's no problem at all getting them killed.

Anshal's hit box is huge... The tank needs to make absolutely sure they're dragging him far enough away from the green.

Also, what's your Anshal group's DPS like? We usually burn him to about 40% before the first ultimate. He heals up some, but nothing we can't handle in a phase. If you've got 2 survival hunters on Rohan, he's going to drop way faster than a rogue, a ret pally and warrior will drop Anshal.

The Nature boss heals himself each ultimate phase, there's no way to avoid it.

He gains 10.93% hp back each ultimate phase. Soothing Breeze heals for about .5% per second that Anshal stand in it. Even if Rohash is being dpsed at the same rate, Anshal should never be that much higher unless you're standing him in soothing breeze.

We ran into this problem in our 10 man group, so we ended up sticking 4 dps on Anshal, leaving just me (Assassination Rogue) on Rohash.

In our ten man group we use the following strategy:

Resto Druid (Me) and Destro Warlock on Rohash. (Warlocks are OP)
    Tank and Healer on Nazir
    Everyone else on Anshal.

Right before each ultimate phase, Nazir and Anshal people switch to spread the damage of Nazir better. I also jump over from Rohash to help heal the damage from Nazir. After the ultimates, everyone goes back to their original positions.

We kill Anshal once Rohash is at ~10% then everyone except the Warlock on Rohash jumps to Nazir. Bloodlust and kill Nazir. Rohash will die before Nazir.

The only thing that wipes us is if Nazir kills someone on the jump over. Of if us on Rohash get knocked off for being dumb.

Tank needs to start moving as soon as he casts healing circle, so he gets out immediately, also never have him in the middle so you will avoid ultimate ability heal + circle under him. That should help.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    We usually go through 2 ultimates before we kill them (with the same DPS setup as you). Our main problem when we were progressing on them was that the tank didn't pull the boss far enough away from the healing circles. They are slightly bigger than they look, so make sure that you stress the fact that he needs to be pulled as far away from the healing circles as possible.
    Right idea, wrong reasoning. The healing circles are exactly as big as they look but the boss has a large hit box and if that hit box overlaps the circle, he will get healed.

Your tank is clearly incompetent and isnt moving him a mile away from the healing zones that pop up. I raid
    25man heroics as a protection warrior, and I can safely say that it yet again is just about location location location.
    Especially in the heroic mode, you will need to memorize three dots on the platform between which you run and
    drag the boss for max performance.

Nevertheless, I would like to point out that a guild would easally be able to kill the encounter even if the lifeboss
    would constantly stand in the healing circle, it would just take like 30min. If your having trouble with damage at the
    life platform, just switch people from the wind platform to the life one, its enough if theres one healer (pref druid) at
    the windplatform to not trigger the aoe silence to the whole raid.

Keep in mind that the encounter is also mostly designed for the heroic mode, the wind platform simply has no
    action or presure in the normal mode compaired to the life. The fact that your forced to pool rage/energy/runes to
    kill the shield in time on heroic mode evens things out!

My group runs with one dps and one healer on wind, one tank and one healer on frost, everyone else on life. After the first ultimate one of the life dps stays at frost until the next switch, then everyone goes like normal. All the life dps switch to frost for the ultimate and the life/frost tank/healers switch platforms. Once life is at 10% we burn him down, go to frost and pop hero. By the time frost is dead the one dps on air should be able to kill him, if not send one of the dps from frost over to air before you pop hero.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Deleted
    i did it in a pug recently.

i was the only dps on rohash (not rohan) - when he was around 50% a feral druid joined me on rohash and did the last bit of dps together with me, that fit nicely with them dying at the same time

Deleted
    What we do on this encounter:
    Stick 1 ranged Dps and a healer (druid prefered since he can heal ok while in the air) on the wind platform.
    One tank and a healer on the nature platform
    One tank, one healer and the rest of the DPS on the frost platform

Once booses closes in on 30energy all the DPS move to the nature platform and "single target" kill the adds (no need to tank them) and tehn they jump back to frost guy. the tanks and healers switch platform just before the "Ultimates" (DPS stay away from boss duing this time), repeat this untill the frost guy is at 20-25% then all DPS go to the nature platform untill he is dead, at this point the healer/tank on the frostplatform need to blow CDs on the "ultimate" becasue they will be alone there. After you killed the nature boss everyone on that platform jumps back to frost. By this time the single DPS should have almost killed the wind boss(if its not realy close have the ranged move along to that platform and help out while the tanks and melee finishes off the frost (that the tank should almost have killed anyway).

You have to watch out so you dont kill the frost or wind guy before the nature becasue if your tank manages to fail and let him heal it can be a whipe if any of the other bosses are dead.