Poll: Which race survives?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It would be the forsaken, or has everyone already forgotten the events of the wrathgate?
    That was just a small taste of what they could do.
    It's very well known that sylvannas still has the plague, against Garrosh's orders, if this scenario was to happen, the forsaken would very soon dominate.
    And I don't even like forsaken, but sylvannas is pretty badass.

Deleted
    I want to say trolls, but I cant come up with a good reason why they should survive.

I voted Dwarves, bcuz, when they close the gates to IF, you pretty much can't get in there.

Definitly Orcs, garrosh would have some gnomes with his pancakes the following morning, thats for damn sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    What would Warchief Garrosh do if he were here right now?
    Im sure he'd kick an ass or two, thats what Warchief Garrosh would do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    Undead imo, if Sylvanas had her way she'd unleash the plague and use her Valkyr friends to resurrect dead. Pewpew.
    this so very much how can kill the dead? and even more importen how can kill who is forsaken?

Deleted
    in an all-out-war forsaken would be free to unleash the blight... so, in general every living thing would be screwed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Lothar View Post
    Because undead have canabilize you think they have an upper hand on a "war of attrition". Where is the logic in this? Forsaken have limited numbers just as much as any other race... just because they have Val'kyr doesn't mean anything other than the fact that they were a lesser race prior to Val'kyr. This doesn't make them superior.
    It is pretty clear, really. The undead do not suffer from the same physical needs as human beings, and "an army marches on its stomach". The undead do not suffer from the same morale problems as living beings. And then there's basic numbers. When humans, dwarves, orcs, elves, etc. wage war, they take losses and their numbers go down. When forsaken wage war, their numbers increase. Math is math. As long as the forsaken have Val'kyr, war is a good thing for their population.

Also, Dwarves are known for their pyhiscal strength and anyone would agree that they are just as strong (if not stronger) than orcs. For crying out loud they used be made out of stone. And who are you to decide if they are a "side kick" race?
    If you by "anyone" you mean "other people who are dwarf fanboys", then naturally. I, for one, don't think that dwarves are as strong or stronger as a race that has biceps the same size as dwarven heads. And naturally the dwarves are a side kick race, as they have only been a major force in the world through supporting humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken for sure, bringing the abominations, dark rangers, banshees, Val'kyr, apothecaries and their I-WIN plague together makes it hard to compete.

I do like how every argument to support the Dwarves falls back on "Well uh if they all hide in their capital you can't get in, nuh nuh nuh."

That's weak :P

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Or perhaps they voted for Forsaken because, rather than ignoring them out of ignorance and bias as you have, they logically considered the poll question and determined they were the best option.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I think Garrosh would just rail the crap out of sylvannis, creating the most badass race you can ever imagine.... i dont know what it would be but i gotta tell you, it would be pwn in a can.

Definitely Forsaken. Plague everyone, raise their dead.

It's the scourge, all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Orcs... but after remembering Garrosh's heroic stupidity while traveling into Twilight Highlands, I wonder if I made the right choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Athelo View Post
    "The orcs are cutting down our trees!"
    "want to talk to them about it?"
    "Nah lets just kill them."

But in all seriousness I don't know how anyone can vote against the forsaken. They have chemical weapons and don't mind using them, no other faction has WMDs. Not to mention the forsaken are pretty darn large in number.
    ever been on the alliance ship in lootship battle, in icecrown zone? you can fly in from the bottom, as long as you dodge the massive nuke a gnome nearby made, WMD i'm pretty sure
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I do like how every argument to support the Dwarves falls back on "Well uh if they all hide in their capital you can't get in, nuh nuh nuh."

Its true tho, and when they close the gates, they can just let their Gryphon riders out since they're pretty skilled with their Stormhammers w/e the name is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The Forsaken for sure, bringing the abominations, dark rangers, banshees, Val'kyr, apothecaries and their I-WIN plague together makes it hard to compete.

Garrosh would just nuke it. he would find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Its true tho, and when they close the gates, they can just let their Gryphon riders out since they're pretty skilled with their Stormhammers w/e the name is.
    Do you know what the word "Siege" means?

It means that you don't need to assault Ironforge, you just let those dwarves starve themselves to death while you blockade it. Impregnable fortresses never survived wars of attrition, they're helpless if their supply lines are cut off.

The undead, on the other hand! The undead are also themselves immune to being beseiged, because they do not need to eat, or drink, or even breathe. They can hole up in Undercity (Which is every bit as defensible as Ironforge) forever, and NOBODY could get in there. And even if they didn't want to blockade IF, they could simply throw plague canisters into IF's air ventilation holes, and the whole city would suffocate from the inside. Then the undead could walk in, and resurrect every single dwarf as a midget-Forsaken, doubling their numbers.

This has already happened once, guys. It was called THE SCOURGE. It kind of nearly destroyed Azeroth, and the only reason it didn't was that the Alliance races banded together, and the Horde races banded together. If everything was a Free-For-All? The undead faction would make a clean sweep.
    Last edited by Athael; 2011-01-19 at 06:45 PM.

I vote dwarves. First I had to consider which capital cities were least vulnerable to attack and it came down to Ironforge and Undercity. Both can easily be barricaded away. Then I considered class variability - with the release of cata, dwarves can be anything but druids. = roflstomping most races that try to invade. Some may argue that the undead are already dead and therefore can't die... I don't know about those players, but when my undead toons die, they still need resurrected just like the rest of the raid team.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Lothar View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Being able to support my claims with valid arguments helps me sleep at night. And apparently posting troll garbage like that does the same for you. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    Do you know what the word "Siege" means? The undead, on the other hand! The undead are also themselves immune to being beseiged, because they do not need to eat, or drink, or even breathe. They can hole up in Undercity (Which is every bit as defensible as Ironforge) forever, and NOBODY could get in there. And even if they didn't want to blockade IF, they could simply throw plague canisters into IF's air ventilation holes, and the whole city would suffocate from the inside. Then the undead could walk in, and resurrect every single dwarf as a midget-Forsaken, doubling their numbers.
    the undead DEFINITLY wouldint be hiding in their city when this shit goes down.

I voted Nightelves. They've been around almost as long as the Troll, but have managed to kick everyone's ass along the way (including the Burning Legion on multiple occasions).

Forsaken are my second choice. They'd be the ones starting shit anyway, so they're one of the top contenders to end it.

I would've liked to have voted Draenei because they would've just run away, of course, and lived to crash land on someone else's planet.

I voted Orcs... but after remembering Garrosh's heroic stupidity while traveling into Twilight Highlands, I wonder if I made the right choice...
    so true lmao

Definitely Forsaken. Plague everyone, raise their dead.
    I think, and I could be wrong here, the plague ONLY works on humans which is why Sylvanas hated the Worgen so much, they were immune to being raised again.
    Last edited by Dread Pirate Roberts; 2011-01-19 at 06:51 PM.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthar View Post
    the undead DEFINITLY wouldint be hiding in their city when this shit goes down.
    And neither would the dwarves, to be perfectly honest.