10+ Year Old Account

Flame Pillar Leggings vs Breeches of Mended Nightmares

Which would be better? For Hit it would be nice..

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ganthos/simple

Flame Pillar would be my guess. If you don't need the hit, you can use them and unforge something else that's more useful than Haste...probably one of your hit trinkets (replace) or reforge to crit...Talking about Fire spec that is

10+ Year Old Account
    i could restore some reforges and go a bit more for crit

and yeah, have no hit trinket^^

still I think it'd be a better idea to restore you reforged Crit rating and equip those legs, yeah Gloves and weapon for example!

Depends on overall itemization and how you're gemming currently. Though with 4.0.6 Flame Pillar will be better 100% of the time. Getting as much hit as you can on gear and gemming for just about straight int in all but a couple sockets.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

10+ Year Old Account
    have another question and didnt want to create a new thread...^^

so i have 16,95% Hit, and i thought about changing the Int-Trinket with another like Anhuurs Hymn (Hit / Spellpower) and reforge/regem for int and crit, or maybe a Mastery / Intprocc Trinket like Tendrils of Burrowing Dark?

Int is my primary stat but i see many mages without any intellect trinket and just wanted another opinion

Deleted
    I would say nope. Intellect is above hit even without hit cap. Is the strongest stat. I'm after the BRD Trinket (and DM's wrist u.u) from day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    then why, for an example, getting the baradin warden trinket? sure its epic and strong with the procc but its still just a better version of anhuurs hymnal D:

Deleted
    To reforge towards crit/haste instead of hit. You cannot reforge int, so you take the less important stat on a gear piece and reforge it to something stronger, generally, hit to reach the cap. If you can reforge to crit instead of hit while mantaining the spell hit cap (or near like 16.99%) you increase ur dps

10+ Year Old Account
    thats what i wanted, to reforge / gem for int and crit (like using Anhuurs Hymnal and Reforge to crit WHILE maintaining my hit cap)

It depends on how bad you need the hit.

If you are having trouble getting hit capped, obviously the Flame Pillar Leggings are where it's at.

But if you're exalted with baradin warden and have the Stump of Time trinket (http://www.wowhead.com/item=62465), then it's no contest that you should be wearing Breeches of Mended Nightmares. They give you more spellpower then Flame Pillar Leggings, especially with a +40 int gem in there.

So it all depends on your hit cap situation. If you have the Stump of Time trinket, then chances are being hit capped isn't an issue and you should be wearing Breeches of Mended Nightmares over Flame Pillar Leggings. I have the Stump and I even reforge crit out of the hit and I'm still fine with my hit cap (.20% off)
    Last edited by Gobs; 2011-01-20 at 07:57 PM.
    <Ashamed to Play WoW>
    [URL="http://www.ashamedwow.com"]www.ashamedwow.com

10+ Year Old Account
    this decision already fell @ gobs but thanks for your reply.

and i get more spellpower from the Flame Pillar Leggings ^^

if hit isnt a problem anymore i can easily reforge /regem to my hearts content

my question about the trinket (Anhuurs Hymnal) still remains

sure int is king but trinkets are also an awsome slot for gaining alot of critt rating! :P i would for example pic Darkmooncard: volcano or Bell of Enraging Resonance any time over Theralion's Mirror (aslong as its normal versions we are talking about).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../naowin/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    currently i'm using Darkmoon card: volcano and the JC Trinket with Int, i simply want to know if changing the JC trinket with Anhuurs Hymnal is a possible improvement or not oO^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    currently i'm using Darkmoon card: volcano and the JC Trinket with Int, i simply want to know if changing the JC trinket with Anhuurs Hymnal is a possible improvement or not oO^^
    Volcano and JC trinket would be your best option.

Also, I can't believe Flame Pillar Leggings vs Breeches of Mended Nightmares is even a discussion.

The answer is Flame Pillar Leggings by far. It has 1 more socket while maintaining the same int as the other pants. (with socket bonus)
    Also, hit/crit is the best combination you can have on a piece of gear, and if you are over hitcap you can allways reforge some hit to crit on another piece of gear (like the TB trinket), ending up with stats better than the haste on Breeches.

Of course, for alot of people the upgrades are temporary, as they will go for t11 eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have no luck, so i dont think i get the t11 pieces from argaloth^^ but as soon as i buy t11 gloves, they'll drop :>

i have no luck, so i dont think i get the t11 pieces from argaloth^^ but as soon as i buy t11 gloves, they'll drop :>
    I was refering to Valor Points, it might take a while, but eventually everyone has a chance of getting them
    Last edited by Swindley; 2011-01-21 at 02:18 PM.

I advise you to faction change to horde and join my guild :-)
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

this decision already fell @ gobs but thanks for your reply.

and i get more spellpower from the Flame Pillar Leggings ^^
    I'm assuming you just used Brilliant Inferno Ruby's in both of the gem slots then to accomplish that?
    <Ashamed to Play WoW>
    [URL="http://www.ashamedwow.com"]www.ashamedwow.com

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe and now they are equal^^ in terms of spellpower

@ Milamber
    LOL