Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] With the Star Wars episodes planned what would you like to see in the movies

Now this obviously would require people to read the Extended Universe books, if you haven't feel free to simply coment whatever you would like to see in the movies. Meanwhile i would love to see the movies depict the following stories:

Episode VII: Wedge's Gamble - Basicly about rebel forces on Imperial Coruscant, dealing with the underworld and culminating in the battle for Coruscant's release from the Empire. The main strong points of this movie would be a way for Disney to set the tone for the three movies (and any future releases). Also show a non-jedi movie focusing more on the state of life under imperial rule - both the elite and the underworld. Shows what Coruscant actually looks like apart from what we've seen as the elite 1% in previous movies. There would be no jedies at all which would be a great refreshment especially for those still not interested in Star Wars.

Episode VIII: The Jedi Academy - Luke Skywalker founds a new Academy, Han and Chewie get into problems and a different view on the dark side of the Force as the new generation of jedies gets tempted. This movie could go in many different ways but i would love for this to be the quintessential Star Wars movie about discovery of the Force, Han's smuggler adventures and the epic arc of the galaxy at war.

Episode IX: Pellaeon–Gavrisom Treaty - Wrapping up the saga of 9 movies with the Pellaeon–Gavrisom Treaty setting the ultimate end of the war. This is a good path for a political movie, telling the story of both Republic and Empire not as Good vs Bad but as different nations with different ideologies, cultural values and how political disparity is much more complicated than good vs bad as many seem to portray our own middle-eastern situation. There are saviours and traitors on both sides, a movie about more and more people coming together reguardless of their loyalties to bring peace to the galaxy.

Now a simple(er) list of details i'd personally love to see:
    • Less CGI, more physical sets. Potato asteroids!
    • Proper aliens instead of humans-with-alien-heads.
    • Proper space battles that make logical sense. Having a mash of ships randomly shooting things with terrible aim makes no sense (like they do in Clone Wars series). Also shield generators INSIDE the ships please.
    • Good character arcs and deep relationships, less i-love-you-so-much boy fantasies.
    • WAY LESS C3PO/R2D2, i know alot of people like them but PLEASE keep those two to a minimum, the movie should not be about them, keep their moments golden.
    • A proper saga-spanning plot with a duration-because-of-story, not story-because-of-duration. Don't make a 90-minute movie with a crammed-in storyline, don't explain what happened 6 movies ago, people should go watch those if they want to know. Make a good story even if it takes 3 hours to tell, they can always put a few C3PO/R2D2 scenes to let people go to the bathroom while those two at it. Btw go to the bathroom BEFORE the movie .
    • Don't midichloriate anything, keep the Force mysterious. Avoid Qui-Gon's explantion or any mention of it completely.

EDIT: typos
    Last edited by mmoc7e31dcdb97; 2012-10-30 at 11:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Re-opened this thread. My mistake. I didn't have a chance to read through all 10 pages and they looked similar. Sometimes when threads are created in other forums where they don't belong mods will dump them here and I merge when there are duplicates.

No need to open a thread complaining though. Send me a PM. I answer most of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow that's pretty precise :P

I am not that versed on Star Wars lore, but have been recently trying to get into it, I just didn't know there was so much stuff to it. I suppose for people that want more out of their Star Wars lore without having to read into it can get a good introduction from the upcoming movies if they decide to do it that way... I personally dont want to go into it saying "who's he and him and him and her and that?" :P

EDIT: I am all for potato asteroids :P

I would rather they didn't use the post RotJ EU novels for the story. Most of them are absolute garbage with poorly thought out characters (The super kids????). I wouldn't mind some inspiration but an entirely new story would be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm guessing disney had a role in this "new trilogy" announcement? Since they bought lucasfilm out what, two days ago at most? (Heard it was yesterday)

IDK about this, if they have any influence on the franchbise it wll be somewhat obvious, seeing as they have the odd need to dilute everything imaginable to sell to children of all ages (not like lucasfilm didn't try before)...

But enough of my rambling, where is your source article?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    id like to see never heard or seen before actors and not the usual blockbuster people that every movie has like angelina jolie and such if any of the movies has any of them then i know they will be complete and utter shit

adding natalie portman to the thor movie was bollocks and shouldve gone with some random person never seen or heard from before

scrap all that and make a KOTOR movie

I can see this going the route of super hero movies/comics, where there is an alternate universe with the same characters but different events. At the moment, I believe there is only one star wars universe and whenever new star wars content comes out lucas would choose whether or not it would be cannon to the overall storyline.

I would love to see a movie trilogy in the Old Republic era. Would be awesome!

Thrawn trilogy all day long. would be so epic.

for those that don't know the expanded universe, these are the books i'm talkin about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thrawn_Trilogy

great books for those that care to read them.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want Kyle Katarn to show up and be awesome at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    So I'm guessing disney had a role in this "new trilogy" announcement? Since they bought lucasfilm out what, two days ago at most? (Heard it was yesterday)

IDK about this, if they have any influence on the franchbise it wll be somewhat obvious, seeing as they have the odd need to dilute everything imaginable to sell to children of all ages (not like lucasfilm didn't try before)...

But enough of my rambling, where is your source article?
    You mean like how they diluted all the marvel movies from Iron Man 2 to The Avengers? Not everything Disney is cartoons and Hannah Montanna.

Revan would be dope. Otherwise, Kyle Katarn.

I always wanted to see the 16 years between RotS and ANH, but I think that'd be better off as a TV series.

Really, anything in the Star Wars universe would be good as long as it has competent writers and directors. The universe is fun, the mythos is fun, the setting is fun, everything about it is fun. You just need to not be stupid with writing.

Do not worry. What ever way they go with the new new episodes Capt. Jack Sparrow will be there in spme way. Johnny Depp as an older Han Solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see Grand Admiral Thrawn. That guy was extremely well written (Timothy Zahn). I just hope that the Yuzhon Vong are not in the picture. The New Jedi Order books pretty much drove me to quit reading SW books. I thought the universe was ruined, starting with the death of Chewie

Deleted
    I would be very happy if the movies were based on the KOTOR Era, if not, well I guess I'll be happy too, as long as everything is good.

I want to see Brad Bird direct it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrawn Trilogy

Han Solo Trilogy

Yuuzhan Vong

There was an article on IGN that had a quote from one of the guys at Disney saying the movies won't be based on any expanded universe story. This will be an original story. Assuming that's true I think your looking at all new characters with maybe some of the current characters making cameos. Still can't believe they are making it. Someone hurry up and build a time travel device so I can travel to 2015 please.

I'm honestly just waiting for them to show up in Kingdom Hearts. That'd be hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    I want to see either David Lynch, Takashi Miike or Werner Herzog direct it. Give them full creative freedom and see what happens.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-11-01 at 11:13 AM.