Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naga lore can be bent enough just like Blood Elves and Draenai.

A naga would be pretty awesome to play but I would rather leave the race making to Blizz. No matter what, a Naga Druid would be pretty awesome, even if people respond LOLORE

Also if the Vrykul view humans as a curse and know that human adversaries have slain both the Vrykul king and god why would they want to join them?
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Also if the Vrykul view humans as a curse and know that human adversaries have slain both the Vrykul king and god why would they want to join them?
    In my opinion the Vrykul are far better suited for the horde through their warrior lifestyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    In my opinion the Vrykul are far better suited for the horde through their warrior lifestyle.
    As much as I fear the 5 years of alliance playing might bias me, I agree with you here, they'd fit in well with Garrosh's new leadership

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

Quote Originally Posted by DexterityRogueFeathermoon View Post
    Vrykul: For years the Vrykul viewed the Humans a a curse upon their bloodline. After recently seeing their King and God both slain by Human adversaries, The Vrykul have had a slight change in allegiance and pledge their loyalty to their descendants and assist them in destroying the Horde.
    This, I honestly only see feasible because the Humans came from the Vrykul. Vrykul are meant to be emotionless, yet some of them hid their children, and sent them off to be raised somewhere safe.

They follow power. By defeating Ymiron, as well as the Lich King, it could easily be a way to get the Vrykul to ally with their descendants. HOWEVER, I'd feel EXTREMELY gipped. It'd pretty much make 3 sub-species of humans on the alliance. The humans, the Worgen, and the Vrykul. I'd sooner see them join the Horde, due to Garrosh's attitude.

Furbolgs: Long ties with the Nightelves have already paved the way for the Furbolg's to join the Alliance. Now after the Draenei have also assisted them on Azuremyst and Bloodmyst, its as if they were destined to join the Alliance and defeat the Horde deforestors.
    You pretty much explained it. Furbolgs are a massive Night Elf Ally, and the Stillpine Furbolgs are a massive ally of the Draenei.

Ogres: Having heard glorious tales of the Horde's feats in both Outland and Northrend, the Ogres eagerly joined the Horde in hopes of establishing an alliance with them and helping them crush their Alliance enemies.
    Same as the Furbolg. They already are aligned with Goblins, it wouldn't be hard to get them to join the horde, considering people say how easy they are to persuade in the game.

Centaur: Ever since the defeat of their Mother in Maraudon, the Centaur wandered Desolace aimlessly for years. Now with an offer of Peace and allegiance from Baine Bloodhoof, they readily accept the invitation into the Horde and now prepare themselves for the War against the meddlesome alliance.
    This, I don't agree with. If anything, the Centaur would be like the Pandaren, a neutral race, that chooses their faction at the end of their starting zone (which is chosen when you choose to roll it as horde or alliance at character creation).

Centaur, as someone pointed out, almost drove the Tauren to extinction, and they have closer ties to the Night Elves, who are trying to bring Desolace back to life, than the horde, who are pretty much destroying Stonetalon mountains with their Goblin Machinery. (The gnomes weren't much better, but they never reached the point the goblins are at).[/QUOTE]

The one I would replace your idea of Centaur with is:

The Drakonid - The Horde - A blizzard developer once said that many of the blizzard team believe they would be great as a playable race. However, after the whole Deathwing incident, that may forever be done. BUT, if they did join, I would see them better as Horde than Alliance, not because of the "Monstrous" look, but because of the Onyxia incident with Varian.

And for the Alliance instead of Vrykul, I'd honestly say the Tuskarr, or Pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see Vrykul as an alliance race. Vrykul made have had a low opinion of humans, but they're smart. They can learn to respect them, especially after the death of their 'god'.

The problem with centaur wouldn't be one of armor sets (it'd be easier than making sets for tauren, really), or even size since they're not that large. But it would just be too awkward for them to get around on things like flying mounts, and maybe navigating some trickier areas of the game.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2011-01-20 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    They also don't want to make races that have any appendages that exceed two legs and two arms.
    Lucky Taurens and Draenei don't have tails, amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    As much as I fear the 5 years of alliance playing might bias me, I agree with you here, they'd fit in well with Garrosh's new leadership
    Overlord Harkrush: Warchief, a new race wants to join your Horde
    Garrosh: How can I trust these things, they look just like humans
    Gjalbrollar: I'LL EAT YOUR HEART
    Garrosh: You're in

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Solution.
    Hot glue horn to centaur.
    Centaur is now unicorn.
    Unicorns fly.

Deal with it.
    Haha. I love this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    The Lich King tried that, too. Unfortunately, his doors had one weakness. And Tirion exploited that weakness.
    A Battering Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The problem with centaur wouldn't be one of armor sets (it'd be easier than making sets for tauren, really), or even size since they're not that large. But it would just be too awkward for them to get around on things like flying mounts, and maybe navigating some trickier areas of the game.
    Armor sets would be a major problem with centaur. Incase you haven't noticed, centaur are on all fours whereas every other race is standing on 2 legs. I do agree with mounts being another problem, but armor is probably the main issue.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Overlord Harkrush: Warchief, a new race wants to join your Horde
    Garrosh: How can I trust these things, they look just like humans
    Gjalbrollar: I'LL EAT YOUR HEART
    Garrosh: You're in
    This! I lol'd, I think Vrykul would make an awesome horde race along with ogres.
    Last edited by Faen7; 2011-01-20 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Spelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armor sets would be a major problem with centaur. Incase you haven't noticed, centaur are on all fours whereas every other race is standing on 2 legs.
    Oh do tell. Somehow that fact slipped past me. /sarcasm

Do you know how armor sets are textured onto the player models? Having 10 legs wouldn't be a problem. Give them ankle armor for boots like the tauren and they're good to go.

Unless you're arguing that they all have two leg armor slots so they always need 2 pairs of pants. I could see that being an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Oh do tell. Somehow that fact slipped past me. /sarcasm

Do you know how armor sets are textured onto the player models? Having 10 legs wouldn't be a problem. Give them ankle armor for boots like the tauren and they're good to go.

Unless you're arguing that they all have two leg armor slots so they always need 2 pairs of pants. I could see that being an issue.
    Centaurs could always just fly with their "Open your eyes" ability

There will be no shame in that

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Centaurs will never happen. You need to understand how hard it would be to make gear sets for them.
    Centaurs also have the intelligence of two bricks and a cup of water.

I also prefer Vrykul go to the horde instead of Alliance. I mean.. really it's basically the same thing as giving Blood Elves together with Night Elves as well.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted
    In "Global Warming" expansion, when the Azeroth will be flooded, there will be only two races: Murlocs and Naga xD

Alliance: Humans, Nightelves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei, Worgen, Vrykul, Furbolgs.
    Horde: Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, Goblins, Bloodelves, Forsaken, Ogres, Centaur.

Vrykul: For years the Vrykul viewed the Humans a a curse upon their bloodline. After recently seeing their King and God both slain by Human adversaries, The Vrykul have had a slight change in allegiance and pledge their loyalty to their descendants and assist them in destroying the Horde.

Furbolgs: Long ties with the Nightelves have already paved the way for the Furbolg's to join the Alliance. Now after the Draenei have also assisted them on Azuremyst and Bloodmyst, its as if they were destined to join the Alliance and defeat the Horde deforestors.

Ogres: Having heard glorious tales of the Horde's feats in both Outland and Northrend, the Ogres eagerly joined the Horde in hopes of establishing an alliance with them and helping them crush their Alliance enemies.

Centaur: Ever since the defeat of their Mother in Maraudon, the Centaur wandered Desolace aimlessly for years. Now with an offer of Peace and allegiance from Baine Bloodhoof, they readily accept the invitation into the Horde and now prepare themselves for the War against the meddlesome alliance.

What do you think? Also, Naga no because they serve the Old Gods. Pandaren No because we haven't hardly seen them in WoW. Murlocs/Gnolls no because that would be ridiculous.
    Vrykul allied with the scourge, there mostly wiped out due to Horde, alliance and other races. They'd rather die then side with anyone.
    Furbolgs are a big problem, Blizz would have to completely redesign all armor types to fit the Furbolgs and there isnt enough of them around to form a major faction. There better suited as a side faction.
    Ogres probably the most likely to become a playable race, but again, armor issues and also there broken into clans, only the stonemaul are allied with the Horde and there numbers are very low.
    Centaur, hell no. Blizz already addressed this issue. 4 Legs, armor issues, Lore issues, everything goes against them to become a playable race.

The Naga would be faaaaar more inclined to join Alliance seeing as we have their more direct ancestors: Highborne (NE mages), Nightelves and High Elves on Alliance side.
    The main issue I see in the idea of the naga joining the Alliance, is their overall shared, Azshara driven, hatred for the Night Elves. Also, if you want to be technical, the most direct ancestors to the naga would be the Blood Elves: ex High Elves, followers of Azshara who found sanctuary on Eastern Kingdoms instead of sinking into the ocean with the others.

Vrykul: After the major in-humane atrocities the Forsaken commit upon them. they wouldn't be caught dead joining the Horde. As stated before, Vrykul are much like Orcs used to be; Whoever was the strongest, got to be leader. Therefore, seeing Tirion's undying tenacity and seeing the Alliance hold a beach-head RIGHT. OUTSIDE. THEIR. KEEP. It would be safe to say the Vrykul would join the Alliance because in their minds: "Holy crap, those crazy little dudes just stormed our beaches and destroyed our King and our God... Screw this, I want to be on the winning side!"

Besides, if Horde gets Ogres, Alliance gets Vrykul. gotta be fair -_-.

As for the Naga, Nexiev I see your point, but if we really want to break it down to who their closest descendants are would be the Highborne, Those night-elfy mage guys (alliance), and if we go to the next closest one, it would be High Elves (Silver Covenant = Alliance)

But now I am stuck again, because if Alliance got Vrykul AND Naga, and Horde gets Ogres... what other very cool/stimulating race would join the Horde to counter the Naga? Wolvar perhaps? Gnolls? I don't know, it would have to be something that people would be interested in and it would have to fit Horde Lore etc.
    O_o

As for the Naga, Nexiev I see your point, but if we really want to break it down to who their closest descendants are would be the Highborne, Those night-elfy mage guys (alliance), and if we go to the next closest one, it would be High Elves (Silver Covenant = Alliance)
    But there is a huge difference Naga loath Night elves and want to eradicate them, as for their ancestry they are as close to the high elves as they are to the blood elves (they just changed their name) and since they already worked well together with the blood elves it would be logical to assume they side with the guys whom they actually get along.