question on boomer glyphs

I am N E W to Moonkin.
    For now I am changing and when I read about the glyphs the guides say starfire and starsurge
    while others say wrath and moonfire.
    Then on another board the statement is starsurge and moonfire.

as a noob to this at 85 with ehhhh eq what should I be using?
    I will only be doing reg 5 mans to get better eq if that means anything.
    Last edited by sparks; 2011-01-20 at 12:32 AM.

Starsurge, Moonfire, Insect Swarm, Starfall. Use em, I doubt any guides says Starfire

This leaves you with 3 minors, I won't bother, and 2 majors.

Majors you have quite a few to pick from really but it's mostly up to personal preference. (Thorns, entangle (for now), solar beam, typhoon, focus, rebirth 100%thingie).

Good luck!

Wrath and Starsurge have been contested, it depends on how often you actually use Starfall.

But yeah, foibooze has got it.
    Hakuna matata.

Between Starsurge and Wrath I would say since you're starting out, you should grab wrath. Starsurge involves proccing during lunar eclipse if possible, how many mobs your fighting, using your procs regularly, etc. Glyph of Wrath just means keep IS up as much as possible, much simpler.

Only other glyph you should have as a battle turkey in major glyph is Glyph of Starfall.

^ What Fagatronics said. Also, just to add to that, keep in mind that the Wrath glyph, come next patch, isn't even going to require IS. So as a beginner I agree, Wrath is probably the better choice.
    Hakuna matata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Between Starsurge and Wrath I would say since you're starting out, you should grab wrath. Starsurge involves proccing during lunar eclipse if possible, how many mobs your fighting, using your procs regularly, etc. Glyph of Wrath just means keep IS up as much as possible, much simpler.

Only other glyph you should have as a battle turkey in major glyph is Glyph of Starfall.
    I strongly disagree. Even when I just dinged elvel 85, and had terrible haste, glyph of starsurge was the difference between being able to use starfall every lunar eclipse, or having to alternate between solar and lunar.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    Even when I just dinged elvel 85, and had terrible haste, glyph of starsurge was the difference between being able to use starfall every lunar eclipse, or having to alternate between solar and lunar.
    Using PvP gear in PvE (Barely any haste), Glyphed Starfall comes off cooldown as I re-enter Lunar eclipse every single time.

This allows me to Starfall pretty much off cooldown and get the maximum amount of DPS from it. Really handy, i'd recommend it :>

Deleted
    What, do you recommend using PvP gear in PvE and not getting any haste? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    What, do you recommend using PvP gear in PvE and not getting any haste? :P
    Haha, I didn't mean it like that... I was just elaborating on your point.. that even with barely any haste Starfall comes off Cooldown by the time you hit Lunar. Not sure if it was purposefuly designed like that :P