Thread: Mages are set?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Whymeman View Post
    Ok, fire mages are doing GREAT in pve, just a lil example, I did 106k DPS on Halfus Heroic 10man today, this is a huge number, just to say, with our current gear.
    yea 106k dps IN HALFUS FIGHT!!! thats a really bad example...
    we are talking about just a simple fight like argaloth where there is not much movement
    my dps only goes high as 15k-17k (in 10man) where my crit is sitting at 28% selfbuffed and about 34% raid buff
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../soul/advanced
    could be in pvp gear :P
    ive been in top dps only in atrametes since ranged gets to dps him more than melee :O
    but other than lets wait for 4.0.6 to come live and see any difference to our dps with our mastery/mana cost changes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    but other than lets wait for 4.0.6 to come live and see any difference to our dps with our mastery/mana cost changes
    Mana changes are hotfixed and on live already...

15+ Year Old Account
    Got to say that im not doing great dps either stuck on 13>16k dps on most fights, crit might be a bit low(25%) self buffer and im sure im not doing anything wrong. Seeing paragon mages do 22k+ dps makes me wonder

Fire Mages are RNG at the current moment with out current stat. Ether we get proccs, or we don't. It's all RNG.
    "Fire is a hazard,’ says the coward. ‘Fire is a tool,’ says the fool. I say fire is a weapon, a friend, a state of mind, and that the bold man and the craven burn just as fast."

Got my 4x t11 yesterday. 2.0s cast fireballs are quite nice tbh. I didn't notice a great dps increase though, since I'm going oom a bit faster and have to scorch-weave a bit more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Mana changes are hotfixed and on live already...
    Not all of them.
    BfA Beta Time

After 2x 25 man raid nights with reduced mana cost on fireball, I CAN see a difference in DPS.
    First of all, I don't need to plan my Mana Gem and Evocation as well as before, I am allowed to mess up and maybe use the gem a bit late or evocation a bit late, without going oom.
    2nd: I never go oom, which means, I don't need to spam scorch, I can now keep on fireballing on longer fights.