Can't promote new alts?

Anybody have this problem. When we invite a new alt to our guild, we can only promote them to rank 6 out of 10. Ranks 5-1 require an authenticator, but the alts were promoting already have toons at authenticator ranks on the same account. I thought it might have something to do with guild rep but I am not sure.

Deleted
    its because of the new setting available to the guilmaster. if he had the ranks already he will keep them but new ones really need authenticator.
    but its a guildmmaster setting

No, they have authenticators.

Let's say person A has a rank 2 officer, and rank 2 requires authenticator.

person A then rolls a new alt on the same account. when i ginvite, i can only get them up to rank 6, it wont let me promote to 5, 4, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XenofeiThrice View Post
    No, they have authenticators.

Let's say person A has a rank 2 officer, and rank 2 requires authenticator.

person A then rolls a new alt on the same account. when i ginvite, i can only get them up to rank 6, it wont let me promote to 5, 4, etc.
    Have you tried submitting a ticket to a GM to see what might be the issue. I would think asking the source would be more insightful into this matter.

You're unable to promote above your own rank.

I am the guild leader so I am pretty sure it isn't that. I will go ahead an make a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by XenofeiThrice View Post
    I am the guild leader so I am pretty sure it isn't that. I will go ahead an make a ticket.
    I think the reason that is happening is because it takes time for the new alt to go through their system

I have had the same problem and like 6 days later It finally let me promote them so its not that its broken it just takes time if its a new alt.

also if its a new transfer from another server you'll have to wait as well.
    Last edited by Preditore; 2011-01-20 at 03:30 PM.

It can be done usually the very next day. This has happened in our guild as well, just try it tomorrow, it should be just fine. They have to verify each character that it has an authenticator. It actually makes sense if you think about it, you can't have someone log an alt, get invited, get promoted by themselves to snag all your goodies. I guess... But even if it's not tomorrow it may be another day or two, but that's all it is.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I understand you correctly you're having the same "problem" we had in our guild we couldn't promote our newly made alts to the rank that required authenticator because it takes the server 72 hours to register an authenticator on a newly created character.

Thats at least what we was told by a GM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a secondary safety mechanic. When people with promotion access get hacked they tend to invite and promote new members to take more from the guild bank if there is a withdraw limit on the first character. That's a my theory btw, haven't seen any Blue posts to back it up.

Deleted
    Before you can promote the character it needs to have shown up in battle.net on the player's account. You can see this by refreshing the roster for your guild on the armoury. Once the character is shown on guild armory roster and has logged in using the authenticator you should be able to promote.

well I wish it was just 72 hours maybe that is what Blizzard intended but that is NOT the case with my alt. I have a guild and I have a authenticator on my account.

I still can't promote my alt when look in the guild log it says I invited them 6 days ago.

I can look up my alt on armory it shows up fine, also logged in to my battle.net account I can can use all their services like character re customization etc. it shows up there. I still can't promote it maybe tomorrow...
    Last edited by Preditore; 2011-01-21 at 10:52 AM.