Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Transmutation Master for Alchemy

So I decided to pick up transmutation mastery for my priest, and I think I may have chose wrong. Out of the items I have had the ability to even gain a proc from, It has been relatively low out of 6 stacks of Shadowspirit diamonds i proc'd maybe 5-6 times (5 of which were 3x, and 1 for 6x) and 4 days of Truegold transmuting today was my first single extra.

Anyone else frustrated with these same results or am I just terribly unlucky or not transmuting the right things?

The proc is a lowish percentage. From what you've described, I'd say you are seeing about average as far as multiple procs.

Is the proc ratio generally the same with Elixir/Potion masters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Be glad you've got some procs. I've been transmuting Volatile Lifes every day sinds 3 weeks, haven't seen a single proc yet..

Haven't transmuted any Shadowspirit diamonds, because the mats cost about 3x more then the diamond itself...

atm i only do the life -> air and that every day for the last 3 weeks or something and only had 1 proc so far.
    but as i said i only do the transmute so not worth changing to an other spec.

It would be best to look on wowhead or somewhere else for that info.

From what I've heard, though, the proc is the same percentage. It's just that you generally only do one transmute a day, while with elixer/potion you may make many at once. Creating 30 elixers and seeing a proc 5 times is more... satisfying that seeing 5 procs over a 30 day span.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkosaurus View Post
    Is the proc ratio generally the same with Elixir/Potion masters?
    The proc rate is the same for all of them. The only reason Potions/Elixirs/Flasks seem higher is because you can craft more than 1 each time you do it. Meaning you get 1 transmute a day versus multiple makings of the other stuff. Sure you could transmute the diamonds, but unless you make about 10-15 at a time you will see low proc rates much like the other specs.

Deleted
    Anyone else noticed how the volatile life proc is "totally" random?

As in, if you're in the right place to get air and the trans mastery procs, you probably won't get an extra 15 air but fire, water, or earth instead.

I have once got 45 air though

Deleted
    If you rely on the daily transmute cooldowns to build your sample size for the mastery proc rate, I'd imagine you're going to be pretty miserable.

But if like me, you do a lot of rare gem transmutes every day as well you'll see quite nice proc rates. I transmuted approx 150 inferno rubies at the weekend and walked out with 30 or so free ones, which is typical of the rates I see when I do smaller batches.

Obviously getting a truegold proc is what we're all after and I've only managed a x3 one and a x2 one since cata launched, but in terms of rare gems, I've pocketed several hundred by now.

Deleted
    Got a Truegoldx5 proc yesterday. Makes it all worth it.

I do life to all the elements, I use the elements for making Dreamcloth. Procs are definitely low though. I have seen maybe three or four procs after about three weeks of one transmute a day. Usually I get worthless earth with the proc

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkosaurus View Post
    So I decided to pick up transmutation mastery for my priest, and I think I may have chose wrong. Out of the items I have had the ability to even gain a proc from, It has been relatively low out of 6 stacks of Shadowspirit diamonds i proc'd maybe 5-6 times (5 of which were 3x, and 1 for 6x) and 4 days of Truegold transmuting today was my first single extra.

Anyone else frustrated with these same results or am I just terribly unlucky or not transmuting the right things?
    The proc chance is 15%. If you have 1 Truegold proc in 4 days, you are running ABOVE average.

It's just supposed to be a small extra benefit, not a license to print gold.

Haha, I hit 525 and had a few gem procs. Nothing exciting. I offered my Transmute to a guildie looking to making the caster shield and get a 4x Transmute proc. She took the 3 for the shield and tipped me one. Love to see that happen more often.

If you want to see more transmute procs make gems. Then you can see a similar proc rate as an elixer spec. But I have 1 transmute and 1 elixer spec'ed alchemist since the beginning of wrath and you are getting about standard.

I had Flask Mastery during Wotlk and it didn't proc very often either.
    The only reason I changed to Transmutation Mastery in Cata was because flasks on my realm sell for a lot less than the mat cost, while shadowspirit diamond, and some of the volatiles still sell for a profit even without procs.

So pick the mastery for the stuff that gives you the best profit on your realm, and anything that procs will just be a bonus

You've had a Truegold proc?, consider your self lucky.

I have 4 transmute alchemists, transmuting volatile life to air every day for about 3 weeks now. Out of these ~80 transmutes I have had 5 procs of double results.

Deleted
    Its completely random, the chance being about 10%. So far I've been really lucky, a few procs for truegold (3x double, 1x triple, 1x quadruple) and a couple of procs from volatiles (mostly additional earth or air, 5-6 procs total).

With a 10% chance to proc you could have a streak of many, many transmutes without a proc. The chance to actually see a proc can be calculated for x transmutes with: (1 - (1-proc%)^x) . So, with a 10% proc chance you would have to do 23 transmutes to see a proc with a chance of 91%. The chance to see a proc after only four transmutes of truegold is actually just 34%, so consider yourself lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was Transmute Master for 2 weeks, never got a single proc. Changed for Potion. Sometimes it procs around 5% of the potions, sometimes it procs around 40%. I think it is bugged, but w/e.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't yet got any procs from Truegold but some day i will

I'm using transmutation mastery and like once every 1 / 2 week(s) I switch to Flask (Elixir i think its called) Mastery and then craft stacks of flasks and then go back to my transmutatuin mastery since i do the daily truegold.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten 2 truegold procs. 1 x2 for myself, and another x2 for a guildy.

I've also gotten 1 living elements proc.
    x14 air (expected)
    x16 water (proc)
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US