Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    Didn't Dexter mention in some season, that the Tranq drug he is using (Etorphine or M99), is used on animals and almost impossible to trace? I can remember that Mazuka noticed a small puncture wound from a needle on some victims of the Bay Harbor Butcher, but I think this topic wasn't continued unfortunately.
    Bit late here but yes, he does mention in an episode (can't remember which one) that he uses that particular drug because it's not traceable.

Also, I was a bit disappointed with Season 7. I think it was a mixture of myself hyping it too much and it being too focused on Deb (I can't stand her character).

Still have to finish the last 4 or 5 episodes of last season. Stopped watching for some reason. I think I was getting bored!

Next season is the last one right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Next season is the last one right?
    Probably, but you never know:

On January 12, 2013, Showtime announced that season 8 would premiere three months earlier than its regular intended premiere. The season will debut on June 30, 2013. Though it had been originally announced that the eighth season would be the last, executive producer Scott Buck said: "As far as I know, no actual decision [about ending the series] has been made yet. ... We are absolutely writing it with an end in sight but if we get told otherwise somewhere along the way, we’ll take it in a different direction but we are definitely working toward the finale of the series
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_8_.282013.29

I kind of hope it's the last though, the show has been going downhill for a while.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

Quote Originally Posted by Jongin View Post
    I kind of hope it's the last though, the show has been going downhill for a while.
    I heard that Michael C. Hall was looking for a lot of money to continue. Might not be worth it in the end with declining ratings. Show's gotten better than previous seasons, but it can only really be dragged out for so long.

Incase people didn't know, it's been confirmed that season 8 is the last.

I honestly think Deb killing LaGuerta is the show jumping the shark. Despite her foul mouth, she's always been the moral high ground in the show, and she gives it up because she loves her brother? I'm surprised she didn't kill him/herself during the course of the past season, but to kill LaGuerta, who was *wholly* innocent and didn't even meet Dexter's code....I dunno. It's so out of character. I don't even know how they can recover from that moment, story-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I honestly think Deb killing LaGuerta is the show jumping the shark. Despite her foul mouth, she's always been the moral high ground in the show, and she gives it up because she loves her brother? I'm surprised she didn't kill him/herself during the course of the past season, but to kill LaGuerta, who was *wholly* innocent and didn't even meet Dexter's code....I dunno. It's so out of character. I don't even know how they can recover from that moment, story-wise.
    You obviously haven't realized just how much Deb loves her brother. It's pretty apparent throughout the show, I'm shocked she shot laguerta but it's in no way jumping the shark

I don't think so, you can tell how much she cares for her brother by the fact she hasn't turned him in and he's committed god knows how many murders.

Listen, I love my sister, but I wouldn't go against everything I am and murder someone for her........especially if she was a serial killer. That's not love. That's having a reality snap. That's a trauma.

Also, covering for him is totally different...she wants to try and make him better, try to convince him to not do it any more, try and figure out a way to find justice but also keep him safe. Killing LaGuerta negates most of that, except maybe "keeping him safe," and that's a pretty specious claim. Consider Joey has been suspicious of Dexter since the whole corrupt cop who he killed thing.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-06-05 at 09:52 AM.

Listen, I love my sister, but I wouldn't go against everything I am and murder someone for her........especially if she was a serial killer. That's not love. That's having a reality snap. That's a trauma.
    - That's what they all have, hehe. Still - bit of a reach from endorsing killing serial killers to shooting your boss and bekoming a killer. Looking forward to season 8.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Also, covering for him is totally different...she wants to try and make him better, try to convince him to not do it any more, try and figure out a way to find justice but also keep him safe. Killing LaGuerta negates most of that, except maybe "keeping him safe," and that's a pretty specious claim. Consider Joey has been suspicious of Dexter since the whole corrupt cop who he killed thing.
    It's different though. If she hadn't shot Laguerta, Dexter would die. When it's one or the other, you choose family. Even if it means you having to do something horrendous yourself.

Joey isn't exactly innocent himself either.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    It's different though. If she hadn't shot Laguerta, Dexter would die. When it's one or the other, you choose family. Even if it means you having to do something horrendous yourself.

Joey isn't exactly innocent himself either.
    But in reality, if she had just walked out on them both, Dexter would have been fine killing Laguerta and just gone to his regular plan.
    Deb would know about the kill, but didn't actually do it (even though technically she would live with the guilt of not stopping it).
    Got S7 in the mail yesterday, so now I've just got to finish S6 and S7 before the end of this month.

TOO KEEN!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

If she found out and then shot him/turned him in, it would make a poor story. It's tv, dude!

I would kill for my sister in a hear beat, if i new something bad would happen to her, i.e jail.

yeah I'd kill to protect my family the same. Even my oldest brother, and he's a dick.

I would LOVE if the whole series ends with Dexter, Hannah and Harrison living quietly on a farm in Argentina, far away from any stress or people to desire to kill (apart from the occasional noisy neighbour maybe).

I fear it may end up a lot bloodier than that though, and may well have Dex taking the blame for Laguerta to clear Debs and, ironically, ending up in jail for the one murder that he didn't actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Incase people didn't know, it's been confirmed that season 8 is the last.
    I'm kind of relieved. As much as I love the show, the latest season was such a mess.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

Quote Originally Posted by Baekhyun View Post
    I'm kind of relieved. As much as I love the show, the latest season was such a mess.
    Latest one was actually one of the better, 5 and 6 were pretty bad though :/
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Latest one was actually one of the better, 5 and 6 were pretty bad though :/
    Everyone has their opinions. I'm with Baekhyun though, this last season lost a lot of my Dexter love. I think it was too much focus on Deb, who I hate except for a little comic relief.

I would defend my sister from harm. But I would not kill to further her serial killing goals. There's a huge difference. I think it's absolutely asinine to suggest Deb's behavior is in line with her character or the character of most younger sisters in the same or similar circumstance.

Hmm, I disagree that the show has clearly gone downhill. I will agree that some seasons are better than others, but I've still watched every one straight through and not thought about stopping. Can't wait for the new season. Although, I can't wait for Breaking Bad more! xd