Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Whilst I think it's too late for a Hank on the toilet moment, it wasn't awful. It was possibly the best cliffhanger I've ever seen. I am absolutely dying to see the next season.
    I liked what actually happened, I just hate [I]how[/I] it happened. He's looking for reading material and finds it on the toilet. The toilet. The bigger thing was Walt messes up with something so stupid despite the fact throughout the entire rest of the series he's excruciatingly careful [I]always[/I].

^^^ breaking bad spoilers ^^^
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-08-08 at 09:14 PM.

Oh Dexter, you stupid, stupid man. When has bringing anyone into your secret world not come back to bite you in the arse? And just when you patched things up with Debra. How do you think she's going to react when she finds out you're taking on a protege?

I understand Dexter saw a bit of himself in the kid when he was on his table, but c'mon. "He never had a Harry." Big difference is Harry actually loved his son and vice versa. This kid has no emotional attachment to Dexter and is way too old to start learning any kind of code. He's already old enough to be set in his ways and thinks he knows everything. His youth only makes him unpredictable. The second he and Dexter disagree on anything, Zack is going to turn on him because there's no connection there. You can't reason with a kid.

Bah!

The ending was pretty boss though. The second Debra said "I don't feel so good" I knew it had to be Hannah. Poison is her speciality. Then boom, there she was.

Also, have to agree with Arkamedis. The Brain Surgeon Killer has to be Vogel's husband. That backstory was really just out of nowhere for it to not have any relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    -snip-
    Can you please tag your spoilers with what show they're actually spoiling? I just starting Breaking Bad. I thought those were Dexter spoilers. =/
    Last edited by mber341; 2013-08-07 at 12:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've gone a bit off topic, apologies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    Oh Dexter, you stupid, stupid man. When has bringing anyone into your secret world not come back to bite you in the arse? And just when you patched things up with Debra. How do you think she's going to react when she finds out you're taking on a protege?

I understand Dexter saw a bit of himself in the kid when he was on his table, but c'mon. "He never had a Harry." Big difference is Harry actually loved his son and vice versa. This kid has no emotional attachment to Dexter and is way too old to start learning any kind of code. He's already old enough to be set in his ways and thinks he knows everything. His youth only makes him unpredictable. The second he and Dexter disagree on anything, Zack is going to turn on him because there's no connection there. You can't reason with a kid.

Bah!

The ending was pretty boss though. The second Debra said "I don't feel so good" I knew it had to be Hannah. Poison [B]is[/B] her speciality. Then boom, there she was.

Also, have to agree with Arkamedis. The Brain Surgeon Killer has to be Vogel's husband. That backstory was really just out of nowhere for it to not have any relevance.

Can you please tag your spoilers with what show they're actually spoiling? I just starting Breaking Bad. I thought those were Dexter spoilers. =/
    How about adding spoiler tags to your own posts? Some pretty revealing stuff for people who perhaps havent seen the latest episode...

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    How about adding spoiler tags to your own posts? Some pretty revealing stuff for people who perhaps havent seen the latest episode...
    I never understood putting spoiler tags in a thread dedicated for people who want to discuss the current episodes after they've aired. I didn't know that was a rule, so I'm sorry if I broke it. But if that's the case, shouldn't my entire post be spoiler tagged? The first two paragraphs reveal quite a bit regarding Zack vs Dexter. Also, it was posted Thursday. Is that not sufficient time to assume those coming into this thread have already seen the episode, or does that make an arse out of you and me?
    Last edited by mber341; 2013-08-10 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the forum thread probably needs a [Spoiler] tag so we can just talk normal.
    But I don't see why anyone would ever dare venture into a forum dedicated to a tv show/book/movie/anything and not expect chat about the most recent things to do with it.
    Like it's pretty obvious. But then you see people seasons/episodes behind who sook about seeing spoilers. I mean seriously.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

So glad to see Yvonne Strahovsky back... she is damn gorgeous.

Also, it's been mentioned before (in this thread or the GoT not sure), but why would you read a thread about a program in the days after a program has aired? It's kind of absurd to expect people to spoiler tag every single thing because a single individual may be behind. If I don't want something ruined, I don't read about it ANYWHERE on the internet, including here - people will spoil shit just to be assholes. IMO, if you haven't seen the latest episode of a show you're watching, don't read a thread about it.

Discussing the current episode doesn't require spoilers. I've been really disappointed with the season after the first two episodes, so I hope it does pick up. From the sources I read, it will remain lackluster until the finale.

I have pretty good information on what will happen in the upcoming episodes which will be spoiler tagged. I hope this will be incorrect because I would hate to see how the show wraps up with these twists. But, the person has been correct the past three episodes.

Oliver Saxon is the actual brain surgeon, and also the son of Vogel. He ends up killing Cassie, but it looks like Zack did it. Dexter wants to kill Zack but Saxon takes him out first and leaves dexter furious. In the 10th episode, vogel has her throat slit by saxon. Dexter attempts to hunt him down, but when he finally does capture him in an abandoned hospital, he just lets him go and realizes he can't kill anymore. He phones it in to deb on where to find saxon wrapped up, but he has escaped by the time she gets there.

Elway is hunting down Hannah and she and Dexter decide to catch a plane to Argentina after he avoids killing saxon. However, Dex gets a call from Saxon (Deb's phone) that he has captured Debra and is at the hosptial. By the time Dex gets there, Debra is laying there dead. Dex decides to hunt down Saxon again despite Hannah's pleas to let it go and leave.

That sets up the final episode which hasn't been spoiled yet.

I hope this person is wrong as it sounds like a crappy way to end this show. For those that have also heard this, do you think the person is lying? He has been right so far though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't like that the dude's name is Oliver Saxton.

Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    And just when you patched things up with Debra. How do you think she's going to react when she finds out you're taking on a protege?

She did react to it, when they were hanging out at the end of the episode right before Hannah came in. She said "That's a really big deal for you, isn't it?" Then she started to pass out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    She did react to it, when they were hanging out at the end of the episode right before Hannah came in. She said "That's a really big deal for you, isn't it?" Then she started to pass out.
    Except she doesnt understand what kind of protege it is. She probably thinks he is helping him become a CSI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see what happens to Zach tonight, I was surprised with what happened last week based on Dexter's past outings with a "friend"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Except she doesnt understand what kind of protege it is. She probably thinks he is helping him become a CSI.
    ^This.
    She thinks he meant as a blood splatter anaylist.
    You'd hope she'd cook her shit if she found out that he wants to create a Dexter 2.0
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Go re-watch the scene. There's no chance in hell that's what he meant. Read his facial expression and listen to the way he says it. She's have to be Hellen Keller to think he meant CSI. Also, why in the hell would it be a "big deal" (her words) for him to take on a jr. CSI?

Deleted
    Go re-watch the scene. There's no chance in hell that's what he meant. Read his facial expression and listen to the way he says it. She's have to be Hellen Keller to think he meant CSI. Also, why in the hell would it be a "big deal" (her words) for him to take on a jr. CSI?
    Thats the thing. The way he says it and how she reacts shows exactly that she doesnt understand what he meant.

I guess we will have to see

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay well.
    I'll use tags because whatever.

So whoever said that Cassie was brought in as an interest to just be slaughtered by Zach was right. They even tried the whole Red Wedding from GoT with the talk about a possibly future (Her and Deb talking). But then again, I guess it just proves that Dexter really relies on Hannah due to him having no connection with a real normal person, that hasn't been touched by death or problems.
    Honestly, this season is really really blah. They seem more focused on getting Zach as a spinoff than focusing on Dexter being the normal Dexter from previous episodes, just changing him in order to allow Zach to continue on.
    Or actually, thinking of it more, it wasn't actually Zach who did it, but Miles, due to having Dexter watched, and her being Dexter's neighbor. Honestly I hope it was Zach, so they can get rid of it, because I hate him, oh so much, he's such a tool, but it probably wasn't him.
    The episode was okay, but now I'm hoping it won't go back to lovey dovey Hannah time again.
    And what is Deb complaining about. The times of Hannah was so tough because she asked Dexter to kill her, and she doesn't want that type of thing again, yet only two episodes ago they were the 'family that kills together'. Gosh.
    Also unnecessary breasts due to Masuka's daughter being at a topless sports bar. I never really understood why they have to do that, do you mean there is actually people who watch it and actually get a kick out of that sort of thing?

- - - Updated - - -

She obviously misunderstands him, of course we know, but she doesn't.
    A. Because it's Dexter and he's always been alone.
    B. I just rewatched that scene, and she says "That's a big step for you right, allowing some novice in your private lab". So it's obvious she thinks he means Blood Lab.
    Last edited by Kuthe; 2013-08-12 at 07:33 AM.

Horribly bland season so far. They had a good storyline going with Brother Sam in season 6, but ever since they abruptly killed him midway, things have just been going downhill and haven't picked up. If season 6 hadn't started out (and end) as interesting as it had, I'd say that the show went to shit right after season 4.

Good thing Breaking Bad just aired

I don't like where it's going at all, I remember in season 6 where Deb found out about Dexter he smacked the wall in his house, grabbed his preperation bag and was ready to run off expecting a manhunt to come after him. That's how I wanted it to end, where the show is going now, I have no idea, I don't like it at all, there's no hint or sign as to how it's gonna end and it seems way too focused on Zack who he should've killed 2 episodes ago. It's the last season, I want it to revolve around Dexter, not some stupid punk.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I don't like where it's going at all, I remember in season 6 where Deb found out about Dexter he smacked the wall in his house, grabbed his preperation bag and was ready to run off expecting a manhunt to come after him. That's how I wanted it to end, where the show is going now, I have no idea, I don't like it at all, there's no hint or sign as to how it's gonna end and it seems way too focused on Zack who he should've killed 2 episodes ago. It's the last season, I want it to revolve around Dexter, not some stupid punk.
    5 episodes left, something big is going to happen soon, it has to.

I think Dexter training Zach was/is never going to happen because it would mean increasing the chances of him getting caught and therefore breaking the code. Not to mention this is the last season, so he wouldn't be able to continue into the next seasons and would require a spin off or something similar. Therefore, I think he's going to die. Similar to how Miguel knew all about him and could've really messed him up.

Wouldn't be surprised if Zach didn't kill Cassie since it seems a bit too obvious, but you never know if the writers are trying to throw you off or make it so blatantly obvious that you question it.

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    Discussing the current episode doesn't require spoilers. I've been really disappointed with the season after the first two episodes, so I hope it does pick up. From the sources I read, it will remain lackluster until the finale.

I have pretty good information on what will happen in the upcoming episodes which will be spoiler tagged. I hope this will be incorrect because I would hate to see how the show wraps up with these twists. But, the person has been correct the past three episodes.

Oliver Saxon is the actual brain surgeon, and also the son of Vogel. He ends up killing Cassie, but it looks like Zack did it. Dexter wants to kill Zack but Saxon takes him out first and leaves dexter furious. In the 10th episode, vogel has her throat slit by saxon. Dexter attempts to hunt him down, but when he finally does capture him in an abandoned hospital, he just lets him go and realizes he can't kill anymore. He phones it in to deb on where to find saxon wrapped up, but he has escaped by the time she gets there.

Elway is hunting down Hannah and she and Dexter decide to catch a plane to Argentina after he avoids killing saxon. However, Dex gets a call from Saxon (Deb's phone) that he has captured Debra and is at the hosptial. By the time Dex gets there, Debra is laying there dead. Dex decides to hunt down Saxon again despite Hannah's pleas to let it go and leave.

That sets up the final episode which hasn't been spoiled yet.

I hope this person is wrong as it sounds like a crappy way to end this show. For those that have also heard this, do you think the person is lying? He has been right so far though.
    thats gotta be the dumbest plot ive ever heard of.. killing off major characters in just such a pathetic way... idk... zack isnt major but i seriously hope the creators can come up with a better finish to season 8 then that.