Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Doakes is so 2007 man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Why would it be wrong to kill a human being?
    Quote Originally Posted by fanjodaman View Post
    You have a tiny brain. There's you're insult.
    Pateu's postulate: '' As an online discussion about RPGs or sci fi grows longer, the probability of a comparison or bashing involving Mass Effect 3 approaches 1. ''

Keyboard Turner

Is dexter season 8 last season of the series??

Hello Guys,

I am john & a big fan of Dexter Series..I am just watching the 6 episode of eighth season of this series...Some one says me this is the last season of this series..Is it true guys?? If yes why ???

yep, Michael c hall wants to do something different.

theres a spin off being made though.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Yeah, they confirmed before the season started that it was definitely the last ever... so expect something pretty climactic for the ending (I hope!)
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Wildstar | Elder Scrolls Online | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG
    Steam | Twitter

Yes, it is the last season. But the creator of the series has announced that he is planning on doing a spinoff.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Anyone else think the spinoff is going to suck?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Anyone else think the spinoff is going to suck?
    You mean, worse than Dexter itself? They'd have to try really hard.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

i was told that the rest of the season won't be available to the media, and that there were multiple takes done for how the show ends. So the finale should remain untainted from spoilers.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER 9/8

Another slow episode. I was expecting something more but it is bringing things close together now.
    I defiantly expected Vogel to die but I REALLY didn't expect her to choose Dexter over Saxon. I thought she was playing off the "yes we must kill him." ...and that she had Saxon in hiding trying to kill dexter, only to fail and Dexter ends up needing to kill her. Guess not heh.

The previews though. they look incredible awesome. I mean it's going to go down AT the airport (probably) inches away from a happy life.
    Very interested to see how telling Miami Metro about Saxon, Saxon surprisingly interviewed at Miami Metro, and all those scenes at the airport to play out. I really didn't think it would end up going that far. I was thinking the plan to leave would be messed up through a death somehow.

With Debra back at Miami Metro I am curious of her outcome. She seems so helpful to Dexter and Harrison, but whats gonna happen when it comes down the line? I wouldn't be surprised if she is "forced" to kill Dexter at the airport. That would be a good/sad ending. No way hannah is gonna live through this.

Either way, this finale looks like its gonna get GOOD. I really can't see how the final moments will be because of the location. (if it does end at the airport)

****POSSIBLE SPOILERS*****

Here is my take on how it will end: Dexter seems to be struggling with what he must do (killing Saxxon) and being with Hannah, especially outlined in the latest episode. I think he will come to realise he will always need to kill and Saxxon will force him to choose so he ends up letting Harrison live with Hannah in Argentina while he takes care of business so to speak. I think as a result Dexter will be caught (maybe even willingly to let them escape) and either is killed or imprisoned. He knows anyone close to him is at risk which seems to be a recurring theme throughout the entire series and he only has one choice.

Ok, time to watch the latest Breaking Bad

Edit: Oh god...my two favourite shows are ending so soon...what is going to fill that void?! Time to load up from season one I think >.<
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-09-09 at 04:14 AM.

However this show ends, I just hope that the resolution isn't the very last scene of the show. Like having a credit roll after some tragic (or not) ending would really grind my gears. I need to see some closure. I need to know how every character came to accept the outcome. Call it neurotic but it would make me feel like the Masuka, Quinn and Joey scenes had some value at least.

Massive spoiler for the ending ahead. DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS! I couldn't wait.

According to the entry, Dexter and Harrison will be on their way to Brazil while Hannah is being followed by Elway. Dexter is receiving phone calls from Quinn, but he ignores it, as he has a fake bomb threat to make (to get Elway off Hannah's back) and to fix Harrison's wounds. Once Dexter picks up Quinn's call, he learns that Deb has been hurt. "Dexter tries to talk again but Quinn again interrupts him. "It's bad Dex..." and it sounds like Quinn starts crying. Dexter tries to calm Quinn down, but even his voice his shaky as he asks how bad," writes the supposed Showtime employee. "Dexter's inner voice comments on how annoying all these newfound emotions have been ever since he saw Vogel killed in front of him. Quinn responds barely fighting back more tears, saying that "They don't think she'll make it through the night.""

Dexter updates Hannah and returns to the hospital where everyone is there for Deb. Elway shows up and tells Dexter he thinks Deb was working with Hannah, which causes Dexter to explode. Quinn takes Dexter to an empty x-ray lab and tells him that Saxon was captured and that he didn't tell anyone because Saxon deserves to be killed. Quinn admits that he always had a hunch about Dexter's ways but was convinced during the Travis Marshall case. "[Quinn] tells Dexter how he sees the good in it, even going as far as saying Dexter has done more meaningful things than Quinn ever has," writes the anonymous poster. "Dexter falls back into a chair and starts bawling. He tells Quinn everything, how he let Doakes take the fall for BHB, how Deb found out, how Deb killed Laguerta to protect him, and how he could not kill Saxon and has totally lost his urge to kill because of Hannah, and that he was planning on leaving the country with her." '

Quinn tells Dexter he will do the killing and Dexter gives him the M99. With Dexter's tools with him, Quinn goes to kill Saxon. Upon capturing Saxon, Quinn learns that Saxon killed Deb for no good reason. Dexter finally goes in to Deb's room before her surgery. While Deb undergoes surgery, Quinn works on killing Saxon. Quinn ultimately kills Saxon and Deb flatlines, and the doctors are unable to resuscitate her.

Harrison sucks.
    Jamie sucks.
    Hannah sucks.
    Vince's daughter sucks.

Seriously, what's with all the really fucking annoying minor characters this season? It's almost unwatchable. If it wasn't the last season, I probably would have stopped watching. Only thing keeping me going is a hope for a really great finale.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

their saving a lot for the last 2 episodes...

but jeez hannah is dumb. she shouldnt have gone out and risked being spotted..especially being a wanted felon. could have called deb to have him taken to the hospital instead.. or atleast just tried to stop the bleeding at the house and leave a message for dexter to get back over immediatly.
    Saxon is indeed smart, but vogel was a terrible actor at the end, he knew she was lying to him..he could see her shaking. i could have guessed what happened next.

Vogel's death was dumb as hell. I feel like they totally overdid her fear/nervousness. This is a woman who has been face to face with dozens of killers and psychopaths. A woman who trained a killer using her knowledge of the human psyche.... and she's completely unable to hide any nerves infront of her son, who she knows is volatile and can easily pick up on that sort of thing? So stupid.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

Quote Originally Posted by Aman08 View Post
    Massive spoiler for the ending ahead. DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS! I couldn't wait.

According to the entry, Dexter and Harrison will be on their way to Brazil while Hannah is being followed by Elway. Dexter is receiving phone calls from Quinn, but he ignores it, as he has a fake bomb threat to make (to get Elway off Hannah's back) and to fix Harrison's wounds. Once Dexter picks up Quinn's call, he learns that Deb has been hurt. "Dexter tries to talk again but Quinn again interrupts him. "It's bad Dex..." and it sounds like Quinn starts crying. Dexter tries to calm Quinn down, but even his voice his shaky as he asks how bad," writes the supposed Showtime employee. "Dexter's inner voice comments on how annoying all these newfound emotions have been ever since he saw Vogel killed in front of him. Quinn responds barely fighting back more tears, saying that "They don't think she'll make it through the night.""

Dexter updates Hannah and returns to the hospital where everyone is there for Deb. Elway shows up and tells Dexter he thinks Deb was working with Hannah, which causes Dexter to explode. Quinn takes Dexter to an empty x-ray lab and tells him that Saxon was captured and that he didn't tell anyone because Saxon deserves to be killed. Quinn admits that he always had a hunch about Dexter's ways but was convinced during the Travis Marshall case. "[Quinn] tells Dexter how he sees the good in it, even going as far as saying Dexter has done more meaningful things than Quinn ever has," writes the anonymous poster. "Dexter falls back into a chair and starts bawling. He tells Quinn everything, how he let Doakes take the fall for BHB, how Deb found out, how Deb killed Laguerta to protect him, and how he could not kill Saxon and has totally lost his urge to kill because of Hannah, and that he was planning on leaving the country with her." '

Quinn tells Dexter he will do the killing and Dexter gives him the M99. With Dexter's tools with him, Quinn goes to kill Saxon. Upon capturing Saxon, Quinn learns that Saxon killed Deb for no good reason. Dexter finally goes in to Deb's room before her surgery. While Deb undergoes surgery, Quinn works on killing Saxon. Quinn ultimately kills Saxon and Deb flatlines, and the doctors are unable to resuscitate her.
    lol no. you lost me at brazil. Its Argentina ffs. The rest of this is totally ridiculous as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingBad420 View Post
    lol no. you lost me at brazil. Its Argentina ffs. The rest of this is totally ridiculous as well.
    Got it off of some site. Couple of the comments already said it was debunked as false. You are correct, my friend.

Although, I did find this today:

Possible massive spoilers for ending:

*SPOILER ALERT*

The episode, titled Remember the Monsters, opens with Dexter and Harrison waiting to board their flight to Brazil. Their plan is interrupted when Hannah (Yvonne Strahovski) calls Dexter to inform him that Elway (Sean Patrick Flanery) is following her.

Dexter then finds out that Deb has been hurt and rushes to the hospital to see her. Dexter finds out from Quinn that Saxon had shot her after Deb called Quinn saying that she had captured Saxon. Dexter and Quinn confess everything to each other and Quinn agrees to go after Saxon to avenge Deb.

Dexter Season 8 Spoilers: Series Finale Set to Be 'Fitting Ending' Says Executive Producer

Quinn manages to capture Saxon and ends up killing him in a fashion similar to Dexter's various kills over the course of the series. Meanwhile, Deb falls into a coma and eventually dies, leaving everyone devastated.

Dexter leaves the country with Hannah and Harrison. Dexter is last seen at a café in Argentina saying that he will look after the two of them while still "remembering the monsters."

Just as the series is presumed to be over, it fades in for one final scene. Quinn is seen looking at a man from his car and in voice-over he says, "Tonight's the night." This mirrors the first episode of Dexter, which begins with the same line.

These plot details have not been confirmed by Showtime but the commenters on Reddit have assumed that this is the actual ending.
    Last edited by Aman08; 2013-09-09 at 07:42 PM.

Wait, Vogel is an uninteresting throwaway character whose death means nothing but somehow supposedly seriously affects Dexter's psyche? Man, color me surprised.

/sarcasm

Am I really supposed to believe this woman is someone Dex had motherly feelings for? That is forced and not apparent at all.

Did anyone else find that harrison treadmill scene unintentionally hilarious? With his little feet going so fast and then the stunt double replacing him as he lands into the chair. I know he's just a kid, but that oww ow ow was so amateurish.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like the actor who plays Saxon can definitely hold his own, and I wish he had more development and time throughout this season. He is a pretty fearsome villain but his storyling and arc were botched so badly.

Vogel's final scene felt rushed and could've had more tension, and it's sad that they couldn't do more with her character since the first episode.

It feels like they are building towards Deb's death. Coming back to miami metro, getting back with Quinn, reaching peace with the fact dex is leaving. I hope the Quinn spoilers are wrong, they sound just as bad as the Mathews one. Hell, at this point, let dex escape to argentina. Poor deb, she deserved better.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by wildemu; 2013-09-10 at 02:49 AM.

Am I the only person bothered by the "spyware" on vogal's computer being able to spy on saxxon's computer?

what spyware sends information about the recipient's computer to the victim?
    I mean really?
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)