Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    am i the only one who doesnt feel like the series is coming to a fitting end? at first i thought they were building to some fitting thing that kind of wrapped the whole series up and set us up for the spin off but now it just kinda feels like its falling apart and i have no idea how they are going to make this series have a satisfying ending next episode.

i feel like this final season was pretty much just a big mess that hasnt resolved anything
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I'm going to watch the ending, but I know it's going to leave a bad taste in my mouth. They have really fucked this show up.

i have no idea what the spin off is going to be. hopefully it will be good.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The closing episode really tied everything up, it in my opinion was a perfect ending to a pretty amazing show. Still waiting for news on the spin off..The ending made me tear up and sob like a little bitch.. then ending was just good.

Terrible ending I was pretty angry

Quote Originally Posted by Taedros View Post
    Terrible ending I was pretty angry
    Explain?
    /10char

This whole season has felt like they handed the script over to stephanie meyers.

Fuck.

They should have had dex kill laguerta and debra kill dexter and ended the show in the previous season.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    This whole season has felt like they handed the script over to stephanie meyers.

Fuck.

They should have had dex kill laguerta and debra kill dexter and ended the show in the previous season.

The overall story of this season wasn't too great but this ending really hit me. Seeing debra being turned into a vegetable was really sad to see.... and Dexter seeing the true "monster" he is....

Was believing dexter killing himself got me a little teary eyed but that last scene.... with no talking, seeing him live on like that with a tear in his eye..... that REALLY hit me hard... really hard...

This whole season and finale ruined the show for me. Deb deserved so much better than what these hack writers gave her. Dexer making that decison pissed me off. Deb would of wanted him to be in Argentina and he threw it all away. I would of preferred an arrest than tha crap.

I thought it was a good ending ,I mean what did people want a happily every after ending? Now that would of ruined the show as its over done and really a boring ending for a show like this. The ending fits i mean go back to when his wife died it was do to him hunting trinity. Now deb goes mostly brain dead do to him going after saxon ,How long til he went after someone and it got his son killed? He knew the only way was for him to die or to at least fake his death and live alone far away from those he cared.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Dexter turned into Wolverine

I liked the ending to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    The closing episode really tied everything up, it in my opinion was a perfect ending to a pretty amazing show. Still waiting for news on the spin off..The ending made me tear up and sob like a little bitch.. then ending was just good.
    Probably the worst television show ending in history. The entire episode was a colossal mess.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

i just.... i dont know what to think. the season as a whole started off great then kind of went to shit halfway through but this final episode was really great.

the ending was just... idk, i felt dexter killing himself wouldve been a fitting ending and was expecting that final scene to be maybe harrison as an adult or maybe whoever was going to be the main character of the spin off until it was shown that it was dexter and im just... idk what is this supposed to set us up for?

it feels way to open ended. hopefully michael c hall will guest star in the spin off a bit to give us the last bit of resolution or something.

i hate when shows end open ended like this, i want a damn resolution i want an ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Probably the worst television show ending in history. The entire episode was a colossal mess.
    come on now. stop exaggerating.

we all know this ending couldve been alot worse.

So when Dexter put Deb on the boat and headed towards the storm, I was so sad, and amazed at this poetic ending where they both go down together. I admit I shed some man tears. But then... she throws her over the boat, like he does with all criminals, and he's too afraid to let go and just die in the storm like a man. He choses to live a lonely, miserable life. Imo if they just headed in the storm, and died, it would have been 10x times better. Christ, he even made a last call on his son & Hannah, it was perfect.

Was an awful final season but that finale...though it wasn't the greatest, it hit me right in the feels.

Personally I think it would have been better if Dexter really did die at the end and they showed some future Harrison or something but it was alright. Hated seeing Deb turn into a vegetable and Dexter ending her like that even though it was probably the right thing to do.

Overall...just going to miss the shit out of this show even though the last few seasons were a bit meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    I'll admit I cried too, and I haven't cried in years.
    I don't even know how I feel about the finale, it was just an overwhelming mix of emotions.
    I just can't believe it's over, I used to watch Dexter while raiding Black Temple back in BC, what am I supposed to download on my Mondays now, after the finale of Breaking Bad of course..
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

I dont see why the hate people have. The ending MADE sense, and did you really want dexter to die? I mean come on. With Deb dead, you saw what he is now. He was a lumberjack, non social and without feels. You could see it in his eyes when he looked up. I'm sure this will lead into the spin off if thats what their doing. ( In all honesty, i loved the basis of the show.. And would love to see another show with the same premise, maybe Dexter teaching some youth, then him dying of old age or his son finding him, etc.)
    Last edited by Arkamedis; 2013-09-23 at 06:46 AM.

how do you guys feel about ray donovan? i think that show is pretty amazing. i also think this new show penny dreadful they teased at the end looks pretty good too

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think anyone is gonna call George Martin a cruel bitch anymore...
    why they killed deb ( . couldn't stop crying on boat scene

Ending wasn't good but not as bad as LOST therefor it has some merit.

The final episode churned my stomach in a way very reminiscent of the first 4 seasons, something this whole season should have been but wasn't. However, the final scene left a sour taste in my mouth. I was expecting some sort of open to a spin-off but this hasn't exactly closed off show. Hypothetically if the spin-off does happen, everyone is going to take it as season 9, not an entirely new show. Even the almost-last scene with Hannah and Harrison at the cafe was bad. It made me quite angry that we are supposed to feel sorry for Hannah - this bitch who can somehow totally forget that Dex left her to the dogs at the end of season 7, who tried to kill Deb more than once, and who doesn't even have a clear motive. As a character, she has developed very poorly and any feeling we were supposed to have felt totally forced.

Overall, I'm not completely satisfied, but it will do. I'll only watch spin-off if it has the original producer (Clyde whatever-his-name-is) come back to do it right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I'll admit I cried too, and I haven't cried in years.
    I don't even know how I feel about the finale, it was just an overwhelming mix of emotions.
    I just can't believe it's over, I used to watch Dexter while raiding Black Temple back in BC, what am I supposed to download on my Mondays now, after the finale of Breaking Bad of course..
    The Walking Dead. I'm in absolute shambles that I'm not watching new episodes yet.