Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I agree, I think Isaak was the better antagonist. I didn't think season 4 was as good as people make it out to be, it was good, but not the best Dexter season imo. I think season 1 and 2 were the best, it just felt like they had so many ideas and more depth to the writing, not to mention it didn't seem as farfetched and stale as the latter seasons. I enjoyed every season in their own way, but nowhere near enough for me to rewatch them. The ending alone puts me off watching it, terrible. Real big shame as I was saying because it had the potential to be one of the big greats.
    I've rewatched it once before S8 aired. As a personal rating I would put it like season 2>1>4>7, those I think are worth rewatching. Other seasons 6>5>3>8.
    And also I agree about the Isaak part, he was my favorite antagonist, followed by trinity.

But yeah.. lumberdex. >_<

Last edited by otszx; 2014-03-10 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otzsx View Post
    I've rewatched it once before S8 aired. As a personal rating I would put it like season 2>1>4>7, those I think are worth rewatching. Other seasons 6>5>3>8.
    And also I agree about the Isaak part, he was my favorite antagonist, followed by trinity.

But yeah.. lumberdex. >_<

Haha... (then again..didn't dexter finish ahead of BB?)

Still trying to find out what made Season 6 so "unloved". Maybe it was dragging out too much. Technically people love doomsday killers and religious themed murders. But that whole thing could have been done with in 8 episodes. There was just so much stalling between Gellar and the killer and Dexter and the killer.

Season 3 hmmm....maybe another candidate for it going on too long plus a serial killer that was sort of shoddy and felt like an afterthought.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Well started last Sunday and just finished season 4 last night and just in case someone has not reached that part yet i wont say much but other people will know (the trinity finale) but i was pretty much devastated think i actually shed a tear or 2 . Had to watch the 1st episode of season 5 to see if that actually happened. Not shed a tear since ET when i was a kid.

Just started watching this show from the start after only having watched season 3-4 before, it's so god damn good... Sad that the ending, from what I've heard, is going to suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Just started watching this show from the start after only having watched season 3-4 before, it's so god damn good... Sad that the ending, from what I've heard, is going to suck.
    Don't let that get you down mate, keep watching, it's a top quality show and definitely worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Don't let that get you down mate, keep watching, it's a top quality show and definitely worth watching.
    It might be a better experience to simply skip the final season, sadly. They had some interesting themes, but compared to previous seasons... it felt like a different show, and was all over the place and felt like it lacked the cohesion of story other seasons had.

Stood in the Fire Senjumaru Shutara's Avatar
    I really liked Dexter from the beginning, but it did start to slip in the later seasons. The people calling the shots on Dexter always said they had an idea of how it would end. I think the problem with Dexter, and the problem with many really good shows, is that they start out knowing how it will end, and then the show becomes highly rated or popular. Then the networks decide they want more seasons. Then the plan that the producers started off with gets drawn out or changed to fit a longer series.

It's always disappointing when a favorite show ends, but it is more disappointing when it gets drawn out and doesn't get the ending that it deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    It might be a better experience to simply skip the final season, sadly. They had some interesting themes, but compared to previous seasons... it felt like a different show, and was all over the place and felt like it lacked the cohesion of story other seasons had.
    Definitely, but you can't skip the final season and not see how it ends, no matter how bad it is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nonon Jakuzure View Post
    I really liked Dexter from the beginning, but it did start to slip in the later seasons. The people calling the shots on Dexter always said they had an idea of how it would end. I think the problem with Dexter, and the problem with many really good shows, is that they start out knowing how it will end, and then the show becomes highly rated or popular. Then the networks decide they want more seasons. Then the plan that the producers started off with gets drawn out or changed to fit a longer series.

It's always disappointing when a favorite show ends, but it is more disappointing when it gets drawn out and doesn't get the ending that it deserves.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonon Jakuzure View Post

Can't have been as bad as how i met your mother... 90% filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Can't have been as bad as how i met your mother... 90% filler.
    Like most sitcoms...

Breaking Bad and Dexter spoilers ahead!

Let me preface this by saying that I started Dexter about a month ago, with some time inbetween some seasons, and I'm typing this a week after I finished the entire series. Yes, there are some issues I have with the show, but I enjoyed it immensely, even moreso than Breaking Bad. Before I go further, Breaking Bad is undoubtedly fantastic, but I was incredibly bored watching the first six episodes in the last season. When I have to force myself to watch the last season something is seriously wrong. Not to mention the terrible ending (right, he just so happened to die the moment the police are in the background...*rolls eyes*). My main problem with Breaking Bad is that the main character isn't that sympathetic. I get that that's what they're going for, and I'm not knocking the series for it, I just preferred Breaking Bad at the beginning because he was this nerdy ''anybody'' guy that got dealt a shitty hand. That's relate-able...not some hardened ''mafia boss'' type that's impossible to do anything against. And, again, I don't fault the show for doing that, it was entertaining to watch him morally decay in such a way. I just prefer watching a character such as Dexter and his struggles.

But enough about Breaking Bad. Dexter was, and is, a fantastic show. My ranking of the seasons would be 5 > 4 > 1 ... > 6. Call me crazy, but I much enjoyed the fifth season with Lumen over any other season. Which is why it pissed me off that she left at the end of the season. It just didn't make any sense to me (I think I may have been saying ''what the fuck'' over and over for a while...). I understand and can accept the fact that she doesn't feel the need to kill anymore, but why the hell does that mean that you can't be with Dexter? I mean, he's been helping you with your problem the entire time, not to mention the fact that you just had sex, and fell asleep in each others arms the evening prior. It just came out of nowhere (amusingly, I watched an interview with the actress that played Lumen, and she said something similar). The trinity arc was fantastic, I won't get into that as I'm sure it's been discussed thoroughly. Season six...wow. That was seriously terrible and didn't seem to go anywhere up until the end of the last episode. The whole reveal that the professor was dead wasn't even an impactful reveal. What did that change? Only the fact that Dexter can't trust the ''student'', I guess, which he really should have known from the start.

And, finally, the ending. I really don't understand what all the hate is about. Sure, it wasn't as great as seasons four or five, or whatever. But I really enjoyed it. The season, while not spectacular (I'm trying to think of a show with a spectacular final season...nothing is really coming to mind...), did everything I wanted it to, minus the last five minutes. I get that they wanted to leave Dexter open for a possible new show or whatever, but it would have been so much better if he had truly passed. The whole ending with Deb really got me, I'm not ashamed to say that I cried. Deb is hands down one of my favorite characters of all time. Really...if they had cut the last scene with Dexter as a log truck driver...which, I might add, isn't that what happened at the end? I interpreted it as he was a log truck driver, not a lumberjack. Not that this will change anyone's views on the ending, I'm sure, but it's not like he decided to become a ballerina; it fits with his isolation and such...