Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i think hannah is going to kill dexter or there going to kill eachother and leave harrison to deb O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Has there been a new season made or whats up with bumping a 2 year old thread ?

Saw all seasons inn a row trough few days/weeks, and loved the series. Before I tried see it inn TV, but with all TV inn Denmark sucks, I had to use the internet if I ever wanted to see all seasons.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Has there been a new season made or whats up with bumping a 2 year old thread ?

Saw all seasons inn a row trough few days/weeks, and loved the series. Before I tried see it inn TV, but with all TV inn Denmark sucks, I had to use the internet if I ever wanted to see all seasons.
    The last season that aired was season 7 which ended a week ago. The final season (8) is going to air sometime next year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I really hate how many flaws there are in the show over the last couple of seasons.
    Like as if there wouldn't have been video tapes of Dexter with Viktor, or how he disposed of Lila in the second season.
    There are a heap of things, like how Migeal apparently wasn't searched for toxins, which would have had the Tranq drug listed.
    But oh well.
    I can't really say that I agree on those "flaws". While sure, there are some, but the ones that you listed, I don't agree on.

Dexter killed Victor in an airport storage room of some kind and I'm pretty that if there had been cameras, Dexter wouldn't have been so stupid to miss or just forget about them. He is incredibly thorough as we all know. Leave no trace behind. How in the world would he miss something vital as this?

He killed Lila in France in her department at night. They don't show how he disposed of her body, but I'm sure he found a way. Just like with the guy on the cornfield in the last season. They don't have to show every single step of him to make it believable.

Didn't Dexter mention in some season, that the Tranq drug he is using (Etorphine or M99), is used on animals and almost impossible to trace? I can remember that Mazuka noticed a small puncture wound from a needle on some victims of the Bay Harbor Butcher, but I think this topic wasn't continued unfortunately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ugh.. I'm like 5 episodes behind for this past season. Can't read the thread!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, just finished. A long wait a head for Dexter and Breaking Bad. Surprised there isn't more discussion about season 8 or have a lot of people gone off the series?

Deleted
    Season 8 soon bros!
    June 30th!

10+ Year Old Account
    A rather nostalgic look back at the past in the new teaser.

Last edited by Thulvaso; 2013-04-23 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so excited. I'm thinking at some point in the new season Deb will consider suicide. She's fallen so far down, I don't think she can dig her way out.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    I'm so excited. I'm thinking at some point in the new season Deb will consider suicide. She's fallen so far down, I don't think she can dig her way out.
    Nah, I'm convinced she'll be the one taking Dex down, eventually she'll realize what the hell she's doing and do the right thing, probably kill him as I don't see him going to prison.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Nah, I'm convinced she'll be the one taking Dex down, eventually she'll realize what the hell she's doing and do the right thing, probably kill him as I don't see him going to prison.
    But if she was going to do that it would've been last season, where she finds out he's a serial killer. It's her brother and she loves him (and LOVES him) and she killed to protect him rather than kill him to protect Laguerta. When she was walking down with Dexter in the last scene of the last episode in season 7, she just looked so broken.

Season 7 definitely stepped it up, really looking forward to season 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    Didn't Dexter mention in some season, that the Tranq drug he is using (Etorphine or M99), is used on animals and almost impossible to trace? I can remember that Mazuka noticed a small puncture wound from a needle on some victims of the Bay Harbor Butcher, but I think this topic wasn't continued unfortunately.
    Bit late here but yes, he does mention in an episode (can't remember which one) that he uses that particular drug because it's not traceable.

Also, I was a bit disappointed with Season 7. I think it was a mixture of myself hyping it too much and it being too focused on Deb (I can't stand her character).

15+ Year Old Account
    Still have to finish the last 4 or 5 episodes of last season. Stopped watching for some reason. I think I was getting bored!

Next season is the last one right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jongin View Post
    I kind of hope it's the last though, the show has been going downhill for a while.
    I heard that Michael C. Hall was looking for a lot of money to continue. Might not be worth it in the end with declining ratings. Show's gotten better than previous seasons, but it can only really be dragged out for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incase people didn't know, it's been confirmed that season 8 is the last.

I honestly think Deb killing LaGuerta is the show jumping the shark. Despite her foul mouth, she's always been the moral high ground in the show, and she gives it up because she loves her brother? I'm surprised she didn't kill him/herself during the course of the past season, but to kill LaGuerta, who was *wholly* innocent and didn't even meet Dexter's code....I dunno. It's so out of character. I don't even know how they can recover from that moment, story-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I honestly think Deb killing LaGuerta is the show jumping the shark. Despite her foul mouth, she's always been the moral high ground in the show, and she gives it up because she loves her brother? I'm surprised she didn't kill him/herself during the course of the past season, but to kill LaGuerta, who was *wholly* innocent and didn't even meet Dexter's code....I dunno. It's so out of character. I don't even know how they can recover from that moment, story-wise.
    You obviously haven't realized just how much Deb loves her brother. It's pretty apparent throughout the show, I'm shocked she shot laguerta but it's in no way jumping the shark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't think so, you can tell how much she cares for her brother by the fact she hasn't turned him in and he's committed god knows how many murders.

Listen, I love my sister, but I wouldn't go against everything I am and murder someone for her........especially if she was a serial killer. That's not love. That's having a reality snap. That's a trauma.

Also, covering for him is totally different...she wants to try and make him better, try to convince him to not do it any more, try and figure out a way to find justice but also keep him safe. Killing LaGuerta negates most of that, except maybe "keeping him safe," and that's a pretty specious claim. Consider Joey has been suspicious of Dexter since the whole corrupt cop who he killed thing.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-06-05 at 09:52 AM.