Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I keep hearing people talk about a Debra spin off, but i'd much rather see a Joey Quinn spin off. A good guy tryign to do what is right, but being a bad cop. So much more interesting.

Keep Masuka & Angel around as well.
    Its rare to find someone who invests in the support characters. I had some amount of care invested into the Miami PD, but ever since the end of S7, it got really stale. La Guerta really stirred the shit and it made you hate her, but she also made it interesting. The stupid previews this whole season have caused us to believe Joey is on to Dexter but it has always turned out to be false... quite unsatisfying. No one in the department has any suspicions of Dexter and that puts a serial killer in a really comfortable spot in a room full of law enforcers. Other than La Guerta, everyone has been totally uninteresting after season 2 (Doakes).

If there is a DEBRA spin-off, I'll probably watch the first show only because I'm a fan of Jennifer Carpenter.

And to relate back to your post, Mokoshne, imo Quinn is a total jack off, but he's not a bad cop. You might have gotten that impression when he supposedly planted the blade on the door handle of Zach's rental car, but that was never confirmed to be Quinn's doing. Yeah he was out for Zach, but I don't believe he killed Cassie to make it look like Zach's MO, I think the BS did that to use as a diversion. Anyway, back to Quinn. Let's just say for argument's sake that Quinn did plant the blade. That is really his only form of acting out as a bad cop, and even when he does do this, his morals get the best of him and we always see him somehow breaking down and admitting to the shit that he gets away with. A show revolving around this would be puke worthy, imo, but it may just not be my cup of tea.

Besides, isn't Dexter our extreme version of bad cop? Except he's not a cop, he's a blood spatter analyst and he doesn't just plant evidence, he kills people... but bad people. Okay maybe he's just undercover vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This show is nonsensical now. Why does Harry (AKA Dexter's inner dialogue) seem to think illogical things? Why does Dexter think Hannah staying at Deb's is a good idea? I mean, wtf? How is that not supposed to blow up in his face? How can Dexter think for a second that Vogel isn't crazy, and isn't going to collude with her son now that she knows he's alive?

Why is Dexter doing surveillance on Saxon in broad daylight in plain sight when he knows "the Brain Surgeon" knows who he is?

There are so many ridiculous moments I can't even begin to list them all. Nevermind the fact that reward money is never disbursed if a government agent catches a fugitive, and that a PI would never involve a federal marshal on a tip. Jesus.
    I would like to make a counterpoint to your federal agent argument.

The federal agent mentioned "I won't even ask how you got these pictures" when presented to him. That could indicate that the federal marshal is acting solely for himself for the reward separate from the gov't, using his connections to gain leverage and find Hannah.

I do agree with you though that it was pretty dumb for dexter to stare at saxon through the window of the shop quite blatantly like that.

I do however think that hannah staying at deb's house turns out to be a hidden plus to convince deb that hannah makes dexter happy. (I nearly fell out of my chair when she meekly said "sorry" for being in her house making her food to eat [being a poisoning murderer]).

not sure what you mean by harry saying illogical things, could you quote something that I might have missed?
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time. (Source)

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing these last few episodes are going to be pretty explosive. Either that or the series will end on a serious downer. It's been a difficult watch for the past few seasons and this one isn't doing much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think they made a HUGE mistake by getting rid of Doakes, they should've kept him for another 1-2 seasons. He was such an interesting character played by an awesome, funny actor. He also made it more interesting since he was onto Dexter always. Big mistake imo.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Is dexter season 8 last season of the series??

Hello Guys,

I am john & a big fan of Dexter Series..I am just watching the 6 episode of eighth season of this series...Some one says me this is the last season of this series..Is it true guys?? If yes why ???

yep, Michael c hall wants to do something different.

theres a spin off being made though.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Yeah, they confirmed before the season started that it was definitely the last ever... so expect something pretty climactic for the ending (I hope!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is the last season. But the creator of the series has announced that he is planning on doing a spinoff.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think the spinoff is going to suck?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Anyone else think the spinoff is going to suck?
    You mean, worse than Dexter itself? They'd have to try really hard.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

i was told that the rest of the season won't be available to the media, and that there were multiple takes done for how the show ends. So the finale should remain untainted from spoilers.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER 9/8

Another slow episode. I was expecting something more but it is bringing things close together now.
    I defiantly expected Vogel to die but I REALLY didn't expect her to choose Dexter over Saxon. I thought she was playing off the "yes we must kill him." ...and that she had Saxon in hiding trying to kill dexter, only to fail and Dexter ends up needing to kill her. Guess not heh.

The previews though. they look incredible awesome. I mean it's going to go down AT the airport (probably) inches away from a happy life.
    Very interested to see how telling Miami Metro about Saxon, Saxon surprisingly interviewed at Miami Metro, and all those scenes at the airport to play out. I really didn't think it would end up going that far. I was thinking the plan to leave would be messed up through a death somehow.

With Debra back at Miami Metro I am curious of her outcome. She seems so helpful to Dexter and Harrison, but whats gonna happen when it comes down the line? I wouldn't be surprised if she is "forced" to kill Dexter at the airport. That would be a good/sad ending. No way hannah is gonna live through this.

Either way, this finale looks like its gonna get GOOD. I really can't see how the final moments will be because of the location. (if it does end at the airport)

****POSSIBLE SPOILERS*****

Here is my take on how it will end: Dexter seems to be struggling with what he must do (killing Saxxon) and being with Hannah, especially outlined in the latest episode. I think he will come to realise he will always need to kill and Saxxon will force him to choose so he ends up letting Harrison live with Hannah in Argentina while he takes care of business so to speak. I think as a result Dexter will be caught (maybe even willingly to let them escape) and either is killed or imprisoned. He knows anyone close to him is at risk which seems to be a recurring theme throughout the entire series and he only has one choice.

Ok, time to watch the latest Breaking Bad

Edit: Oh god...my two favourite shows are ending so soon...what is going to fill that void?! Time to load up from season one I think >.<
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-09-09 at 04:14 AM.

However this show ends, I just hope that the resolution isn't the very last scene of the show. Like having a credit roll after some tragic (or not) ending would really grind my gears. I need to see some closure. I need to know how every character came to accept the outcome. Call it neurotic but it would make me feel like the Masuka, Quinn and Joey scenes had some value at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Massive spoiler for the ending ahead. DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS! I couldn't wait.

According to the entry, Dexter and Harrison will be on their way to Brazil while Hannah is being followed by Elway. Dexter is receiving phone calls from Quinn, but he ignores it, as he has a fake bomb threat to make (to get Elway off Hannah's back) and to fix Harrison's wounds. Once Dexter picks up Quinn's call, he learns that Deb has been hurt. "Dexter tries to talk again but Quinn again interrupts him. "It's bad Dex..." and it sounds like Quinn starts crying. Dexter tries to calm Quinn down, but even his voice his shaky as he asks how bad," writes the supposed Showtime employee. "Dexter's inner voice comments on how annoying all these newfound emotions have been ever since he saw Vogel killed in front of him. Quinn responds barely fighting back more tears, saying that "They don't think she'll make it through the night.""

Dexter updates Hannah and returns to the hospital where everyone is there for Deb. Elway shows up and tells Dexter he thinks Deb was working with Hannah, which causes Dexter to explode. Quinn takes Dexter to an empty x-ray lab and tells him that Saxon was captured and that he didn't tell anyone because Saxon deserves to be killed. Quinn admits that he always had a hunch about Dexter's ways but was convinced during the Travis Marshall case. "[Quinn] tells Dexter how he sees the good in it, even going as far as saying Dexter has done more meaningful things than Quinn ever has," writes the anonymous poster. "Dexter falls back into a chair and starts bawling. He tells Quinn everything, how he let Doakes take the fall for BHB, how Deb found out, how Deb killed Laguerta to protect him, and how he could not kill Saxon and has totally lost his urge to kill because of Hannah, and that he was planning on leaving the country with her." '

Quinn tells Dexter he will do the killing and Dexter gives him the M99. With Dexter's tools with him, Quinn goes to kill Saxon. Upon capturing Saxon, Quinn learns that Saxon killed Deb for no good reason. Dexter finally goes in to Deb's room before her surgery. While Deb undergoes surgery, Quinn works on killing Saxon. Quinn ultimately kills Saxon and Deb flatlines, and the doctors are unable to resuscitate her.

Deleted
    Harrison sucks.
    Jamie sucks.
    Hannah sucks.
    Vince's daughter sucks.

Seriously, what's with all the really fucking annoying minor characters this season? It's almost unwatchable. If it wasn't the last season, I probably would have stopped watching. Only thing keeping me going is a hope for a really great finale.

their saving a lot for the last 2 episodes...

but jeez hannah is dumb. she shouldnt have gone out and risked being spotted..especially being a wanted felon. could have called deb to have him taken to the hospital instead.. or atleast just tried to stop the bleeding at the house and leave a message for dexter to get back over immediatly.
    Saxon is indeed smart, but vogel was a terrible actor at the end, he knew she was lying to him..he could see her shaking. i could have guessed what happened next.

Deleted
    Vogel's death was dumb as hell. I feel like they totally overdid her fear/nervousness. This is a woman who has been face to face with dozens of killers and psychopaths. A woman who trained a killer using her knowledge of the human psyche.... and she's completely unable to hide any nerves infront of her son, who she knows is volatile and can easily pick up on that sort of thing? So stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman08 View Post
    Massive spoiler for the ending ahead. DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS! I couldn't wait.

According to the entry, Dexter and Harrison will be on their way to Brazil while Hannah is being followed by Elway. Dexter is receiving phone calls from Quinn, but he ignores it, as he has a fake bomb threat to make (to get Elway off Hannah's back) and to fix Harrison's wounds. Once Dexter picks up Quinn's call, he learns that Deb has been hurt. "Dexter tries to talk again but Quinn again interrupts him. "It's bad Dex..." and it sounds like Quinn starts crying. Dexter tries to calm Quinn down, but even his voice his shaky as he asks how bad," writes the supposed Showtime employee. "Dexter's inner voice comments on how annoying all these newfound emotions have been ever since he saw Vogel killed in front of him. Quinn responds barely fighting back more tears, saying that "They don't think she'll make it through the night.""

Dexter updates Hannah and returns to the hospital where everyone is there for Deb. Elway shows up and tells Dexter he thinks Deb was working with Hannah, which causes Dexter to explode. Quinn takes Dexter to an empty x-ray lab and tells him that Saxon was captured and that he didn't tell anyone because Saxon deserves to be killed. Quinn admits that he always had a hunch about Dexter's ways but was convinced during the Travis Marshall case. "[Quinn] tells Dexter how he sees the good in it, even going as far as saying Dexter has done more meaningful things than Quinn ever has," writes the anonymous poster. "Dexter falls back into a chair and starts bawling. He tells Quinn everything, how he let Doakes take the fall for BHB, how Deb found out, how Deb killed Laguerta to protect him, and how he could not kill Saxon and has totally lost his urge to kill because of Hannah, and that he was planning on leaving the country with her." '

Quinn tells Dexter he will do the killing and Dexter gives him the M99. With Dexter's tools with him, Quinn goes to kill Saxon. Upon capturing Saxon, Quinn learns that Saxon killed Deb for no good reason. Dexter finally goes in to Deb's room before her surgery. While Deb undergoes surgery, Quinn works on killing Saxon. Quinn ultimately kills Saxon and Deb flatlines, and the doctors are unable to resuscitate her.
    lol no. you lost me at brazil. Its Argentina ffs. The rest of this is totally ridiculous as well.